Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you cook with gas ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's always wrong to go against nature.
Check out the suicide rate.
Good night.
suicide rates of who? Unadopted children, bullied children, outcasted family members? It's almost like we peeps have social needs and when abandoned or left isolated mental health takes a huge down turn.

Also, if we are going to play the whole nature game, most of us should not have made it past 35.

Not really. While some issues can happen with gas in cold weather, they rarely do.
In Goose Bay , Labrador @ 1960 the taxi cabs were left running 24/7 , cut down on problems of that nature :biggrin2 .
I have never had a frozen gas line problem in forty plus years of driving , but I do try to keep my gas tank at least half full at all times . Of course North Alabama is not too extreme on cold temps .

Last edited:
So you live in NZ.
Sounds like you're having a difficult time there.

Depends. I usualy only call out the crookedness but i tell you one thing this country still has in general, and that's the Spirit of Heloing. You need a hand someone will always help you out. Even the cops are good, they see you in a ditch they tow you out, or cars broken down, or changing a tyre they help you out and have a yarn thats if 100 cars havent already stopped and asked if you need a hand.. It's a good spirit when it comes to helping others.

Your a tourist and lost can ask anyone they will help you out.

Last edited:
The thing that gets me about making changes for the betterment of the planet is this when people say "but what if it's for nothing and we're all worried about something that's not even gonna happen??"
Mmkay, but maybe better safe than sorry. We are stewards of this planet and its life.

Part of being stewards is taking care of one another. If people are upset or concerned that they may not have gas for their stoves or cars that's still wrong.. no matter what we do the planet is in a state of decay. God is in control of our planet. We could be accelerating that decay and of course we can do better, but we're still humans. We make mistakes. We sin.

As for using fossil fuels, it's still a free market. Let people choose. A lot of haste towards trying to electrify everybody is out of fear, not love. "We're destroying the planet by burning fossil fuels". That's not even a nice thing to tell a society that relies on fossil fuels that they're causing climate change, when it is a natural occurrence.

The fighting towards one another is what we need to focus on. Forcing your will upon others is not a good thing. This is also a judgment issue. Trying to make it sound as if using gas stoves and gas cars is a bad thing and it makes you a bad person is a bigger issue than the actual supposed crime.

We don't always make the best choices in life. But, if using fossil fuels isn't the best choice... well i will keep using gas stoves and gas vehicles and maybe God will provide some way to keep gas stoves and gas vehicles without needing fossil fuels (like synthetic fuels or hydrogen). Don't know what would be used in place of natural gas but part of keeping one door open, it can lead to new possibilities rather than going with the "safer method".

So I'm not at all worried that my fossil fuel usage is really a problem if someone is coming up with new ideas.

If that was the case then people trying to make a living wouldn't have to deal with government laws, this right here is a perfect example of big government making living for others more difficult. People are already struggling and this new law makes it even worse.

Everyone has to deal with laws: local, state, and federal. Governments makes decisions that (theoretically) are best for society at large. I feel that the elected representatives at every level have that as their goal (with some people as exceptions, unfortunately). Everyone likes to point out mistakes that, in their opinion, are wrong. However, that does not make them wrong.

Edward it's all apart of their orchestrated push against fossil fuels. It's all about control. They are not even being patient at all and want to rush internal combustion vehicles right off dealers lots.

I don't know exactly how they are also manipulating EV sales either, probably just constantly telling people not to buy gas vehicles and they blindly listen.

So if you were to buy a gas vehicle in 2030 is it going to be useless in 5 or so years. Yes some states plan on banning gas vehicles by 2035. What's to say they also have a hidden plan to ban all gas vehicles or the fuel? They claim they are not yet they are pushing EVs like they're going to create a massive demand for them. Supposedly 800,000 EVs in 2022 were sold. Which, I only seen a few temporary plates and they're all Tesla.

If you gotta push EVs behind everyone's back and try to make it sound like "2035 is 12 years away" is far enough away then there's some kind of major controlling problem behind all this. And this is upsetting when we have a group of people telling everyone else what to buy.

I know people in the auto industry and manage gas vehicle part stores/companies freaking out they're not going to have a job anymore because it takes a lot more manpower to produce gas vehicles then it does with electric vehicles. These people pushing EVs don't understand if people want electric vehicles then they shouldn't be coerced by being told to stop buying internal combustion vehicles and buy an electric vehicle. This is an artificial move towards EVs and it's going to hurt a lot of people. A lot of people may no longer have jobs because they don't have the means to get to work anymore. That's what this excessive push towards electric vehicles is going to cause. People will not be anywhere close to being capable of switching to EVs in 20 years.
"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" Chicken Little

Everyone has to deal with laws: local, state, and federal. Governments makes decisions that (theoretically) are best for society at large. I feel that the elected representatives at every level have that as their goal (with some people as exceptions, unfortunately). Everyone likes to point out mistakes that, in their opinion, are wrong. However, that does not make them wrong.

So when government ends your job because they made a new law how would you feel?

We rely on farmers to get food to the stores and making vehicles they already own illegal is the right choice?

So when government ends your job because they made a new law how would you feel?

We rely on farmers to get food to the stores and making vehicles they already own illegal is the right choice?
It's irrelevant, since I'm retired. My last job was in government, so I know what I'm talking about.

jaybo well the problem California now has is they have 77,000 fewer trucks and it complicates farmers who rely on their existing vehicles that are now banned. While there is no official news what they are planning to do, its likely they're not going to get a whole lot of stuff done if the EPA comes after them.

Obamacare was another problem, my job canceled my health insurance and I couldn't afford to get health insurance and because of that Obama forced me to pay a penalty tax. Already I was struggling and he made it worse. Which goes back to the problem with politicans making laws without even considering consequences.

Thankfully that law is no longer in place as I'm still struggling, but not as bad. A lot of it now has to do with government not dealing with inflation. Instead they focus on their agendas. Government is not treating Americans as Christians would.

jaybo well the problem California now has is they have 77,000 fewer trucks and it complicates farmers who rely on their existing vehicles that are now banned. While there is no official news what they are planning to do, its likely they're not going to get a whole lot of stuff done if the EPA comes after them.

Obamacare was another problem, my job canceled my health insurance and I couldn't afford to get health insurance and because of that Obama forced me to pay a penalty tax. Already I was struggling and he made it worse. Which goes back to the problem with politicans making laws without even considering consequences.

Thankfully that law is no longer in place as I'm still struggling, but not as bad. A lot of it now has to do with government not dealing with inflation. Instead they focus on their agendas. Government is not treating Americans as Christians would.
I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. Politicians generally make decisions that they think are the best for the most people.

Interesting that you say that your job canceled your health insurance and, since you couldn't afford private health insurance premiums, "Obama" forced you to pay a penalty tax. Why not blame your employer? And why blame ex-President Obama personally?

And the you go on a tangent about "government" focusing on their own agendas -- a meaningless statement. I suggest you read Romans 13 and stop blaming "government" for your difficulties.

Aren't all mistakes wrong ? Can you make the right mistake ? :confused

Last edited:
My govt insurance went up under Obamacare and covered less.
Pay more got less .

I guess the city should just raise the utility rates and before it's sale of the power grid .the very poor thst we're on it should eat that larger power bill

Not all municipal entities are tax funded only .

Plenty aren't . I can name off city owned grids in just on electric only.

Ft.pierce ,key west,Orlando ,Kissimmee,starke ,Gainesville ,lake Worth , Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Montecello,clay county itself ,homestead .

Not all codes are honestly good.

In Florida you can't work on your car in your own yard if it is big job.a simple valve cover gasket on my taco can take longer then the 4 hour limit .

If you are broke ,the govt can force you out on the street if you loose your water and don't have a well.that solves that health concern . You can't help a homeless man but letting him use your RV on your property ! Even if you have the man using your own bathroom and shower inside the house!

Aren't all mistakes wrong ? Can you make the right mistake ? :confused
Very clever -- not. Obviously you jumped to a conclusion without thinking. I included the phrase "in their opinion", which means they may be wrong in their determination of something being a mistake.

My govt insurance went up under Obamacare and covered less.
Pay more got less .

I guess the city should just raise the utility rates and before it's sale of the power grid .the very poor thst we're on it should eat that larger power bill

Not all municipal entities are tax funded only .

Plenty aren't . I can name off city owned grids in just on electric only.

Ft.pierce ,key west,Orlando ,Kissimmee,starke ,Gainesville ,lake Worth , Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Montecello,clay county itself ,homestead .

You wrote "Not all municipal entities are tax funded only. Plenty aren't." Municipal entities are privately funded? Private corporations own government utilities?

Ahh , theoretical mistakes . I understand . Thanks jaybo .
Very clever -- not. Obviously you jumped to a conclusion without thinking. I included the phrase "in their opinion", which means they may be wrong in their determination of something being a mistake.

jaybo yes my employer is partially to blame for canceling my health coverage. Had Obama left health insurance alone there wouldn't be a problem with that previous employer.

It wasn't enough however that Obamacare prompted my employer to cancel my coverage, I was forced to pay a penalty tax. Now since Illinois voted in JB Pritzker people here are overpaying taxes. And there's quite a lot of people fleeing the state. I don't know where the state ranks but you even have to pay a tax just for moving out of state.

Maybe the problem stems more with bad politicians, rather than government itself. However the system is supposed to weed out bad politicians, not just one guy.

The other issues stem with politicians who have huge mansions and I can't speak where they get the money from but it certainly should be investigated. Illinois for an example corruption in the government has been bad. They supposedly got rid of Mike Madigan but it's remain to be seen when JB Pritzker has massively increased our taxes.

Back