Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Do you think our world now compares to the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Kathi

Ezekiel 16:49-50Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50 And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw fit.[a]
Jude 7as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

And you know what God did to Sodom and Gomorrah....

I know when I was growing up in the 50's and 60's our world was very different.I have old newpapers.Look at a newspaper from then and now.It is very scary....

So many things are better now then 1960... some are not... Many medical advances have been made
our cars are much safer
Polio is almost a thing of the past
The black man does not have to use the back door

God is building His Kingdom i trust Him

So many things are better now then 1960... some are not... Many medical advances have been made
our cars are much safer

Medical advances are alot better.People used to die from many diseases that they do not now.Discimination is better in some places.Their is still some in the South according to my black friends I work with who are from the South.

The BOMB had some folks building back yard bunkers..... I too grew up in the 'happy days' but they were not with out troubles.

The BOMB had some folks building back yard bunkers..... I too grew up in the 'happy days' but they were not with out troubles.
That is true but it was alot safer world than today.My parents did not even think of locking their doors.I was out playing with my friends after dark and I went trick or treating in our neighborhood alone with my friends.

That is nice.We have had several news articles about little towns who are shocked when a tragedy happens.They said they did not think it would ever happen to them.But it is still safer than some cities.

I know when I was growing up in the 50's and 60's our world was very different.I have old newpapers.Look at a newspaper from then and now.It is very scary....
It depends on what exactly you're talking about.

Let's not forget, it was the 1950's - the so-called 'golden years' - that undesirables in the US were ostracised and discriminated against.

I think you can find fault in ANY generation. Such is the proof that we all fall under the same human condition, which is wicked sin.

However, modern society has a much different moral structure than what it used to have.

50-100 years ago, more people celebrated the real reason of Christmas, prayer was used in schools, abortion was illegal, gay marriage was not allowed, and most of all Christianity was represented in the News/Politics. What we have today is not along the lines of Sodom/Gamorrah yet. We are extremely close, however. When the world has accepted wickedness on most levels, I would then concede it has gotten to that level.

In the 1940's, everyone thought that the end was upon us. You had a dictator murdering the Jews, and a war of epic proportions. People had drawn lines, showing that this war was possibly the tribulation. While it was wishful thinking, the moral structure of the times didn't match. Today is a different story. The more evil the world becomes, the quicker the end will come. As Christians, we should clearly be able to read the signs of the times.

Yes things are messed up in this world that we live in. This is why Christ has commissioned us and sent us as Ambassadors. Have you open your free gift God has given you as an "Ambassadors for the Ministry of Reconciliation?" He says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved - John 3:16-17 NKJV; that He is not counting your sins against you!" - 2 Corinthians 5

Are you the new person that has put on the new clothes of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience? Colossians 3

God is making his appeal through us!

Last edited:
Ezekiel 16:49-50Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50 And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw fit.[a]
Jude 7as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

it is worse, the reason ? Because there are much more people on the earth.

Do you think our world now compares to the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah?

I do not think that any town is much different from Sodom and Gomorrah.

I guess what really makes difference is if there are any righteous people in the town.

With love.

our cars are much safer

With all these medical advances, are not people get sicker and sicker?

If I am not mistaken, the reason that the Lord Jesus is delaying His second coming is because WE are delaying the fullfillment of His Great Commission (Ac 1:8) to us, ESP NOW that we do have so much at our advatnage to "preach the Gospel to the utter most parts of the world. (KJV, I believe) We have the where-with-all to get the Gospel out everywhere, even if through media such as TWR (Trans World Radio) or satelite and smuggled/air-dropped radios or recievers.

But we know that WHEN the world has been given the message things on earth (marriages, life plans and goals, worldly pleasures, things we may have worked so hard to secure, and etc.) will cease. We'll NEVER get our first kiss or date, get that engagement ring, get married, have children or grandchild, "succeed", get that car or house, go on that cruise/vaction, get that reward, finish building that nest egg, retire, and etc.) We will change in a twinkling of an eye NEVER to return to what we may have come find so comfortable and secure even though God tells it will be much better with Him in glory. Do we act like we REALLY BELIEVE that that is true knowing that the "Pass the pain and evil, go directly to heaven ticket" is in our hands?

Right now I listen to several ministers of God's Word on TV on Sunday morning. This morning, among a couple of other common threads, one recurrent thread was that God uses adversity to get us where he wants us. He allows evil/bad things to happen to even those who are righteous and holy to get them where he wants them: one example this morning was Joeseph, and of course another is Job. Is it possible that God is allowing us Christians to regress to the social-political, oppression/persecution of the first century Chrisitians of which evangeliztion of the world was TRULY a priority and worldly wealth and pleasure forsaken???

God is going to deal with sin, usurping nations and all the world that are not in Jesus, and as with us today of the family of God, we will be given deliverance from the inequity of the city, or the world as it were.

Gen 19:15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.

When He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power; a time to come, these things will be no longer the bane to the world they are now.

Back