Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

DOES GOD LOVE EVERYONE?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Christ was flesh. Did God hate the flesh He possessed?
And we are being conformed into the image of Christ, not Adam.
I recall reading this but never commented.

Yes, Jesus came in the flesh:

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

However, unlike us, Jesus never was in Adam wherein sin/death entered the world.

Rom 5:12 because of this, even as through one man the sin did enter into the world, and through the sin the death; and thus to all men the death did pass through, for that all did sin;

Heb 4:15 for we have not a chief priest unable to sympathise with our infirmities, but one tempted in all things in like manner—apart from sin;

So, to answer your question: No, God did not hate the flesh of Christ. It was pure and without sin.

So, if ANY Christian in Covenant with God in this Times of the Gentiles loves ANY unsaved, unbeliever of the world then God's love is NOT in that Christian. And this happens to go directly to the sin of adultery. The command is clear. If ANY Christian love any unsaved person at all then they are in disobedience to God and the love of the Father is NOT in them. Pure and simple.
lt's really not that simple though. How are you able to proclaim the Gospel to someone you don't know? Are you able to tell them that "Christ died for our sins" (ie: their sins as well as yours)?

The Bible is the Book of the Covenant.
I would agree, but I'm not sure how you're understanding it.

There are two covenants that Paul identifies by allegory. The covenant of law that pertains to the flesh and the covenant of promise, that (all though not stated) pertains to the spirit.

Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Is this how you understand it also?

Under which covenant are we told not to love? I don't mean to harp on this, I'm trying to understand what other Christians actually believe and why they do so.

The breath of life doesn't belong to us.
I would agree that the breath of life doesn't belong to us in the sense that we do not own it. All souls (of which the breath of life is an element of) are owned by God. Body + Breath of Life = Soul, and God owns all souls.
That breath only animated man and we before becoming born again never had the Holy Spirit. Neither did Adam.
I think I would somewhat agree, though I believe the breath of life is what gave birth to man's spirit during the creation process in Gen 2:7. In Gen 7:22, the "breath of life" is now called the "breath of spirit life" or using perhaps better English "breath of a living spirit". Man (soul) is now called/referred to as body and spirit.
But he was created a trichotomy of body, soul, and human spirit.
This is where I think we disagree, or perhaps we're simply wording it differently. Gen 2:7 tells us that man "became" a soul (or a living creature). The soul is really a single compound consisting of two elements. Those two elements are:

1) Body, including it's nature derived from dust (the earth);
2) Breath of life, including the spirit of man derived from God.
Adam cannot transfer or pass on a human spirit to his children. Nor could they to theirs. We are all born body and soul
This perhaps is where the real difference is. When we're born alive, we are a "soul" (a living being). And that soul (or living being) consists of a physical body + breath of a living spirit. And this spirit of man is passed on and preserved by God, as shown here:

Job 10:12 Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.

The term "visitation" is פְּקֻדָּה and is used for God's oversight and care of man's spirit.

A stillbirth, on the other hand, would not be a "soul" by definition, but simply a dead body. No spirit would be present.
and when one becomes born again God creates a new human spirit in that person.
The "new human spirit" is not really a replacement of the original spirit from creation but rather a refreshing of that spirit, where it becomes once again, alive to the soul. Man's spirit from creation is not said to be "taken away" like the stony heart is and then given a new one, as shown for example, here:

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Anyway, just my thoughts on this. I enjoy having the discussions with you.

Who said you were to proclaim the gospel?
Hello jeremiah1five.
Paul said the gospel was proclaimed by the love he had for others,

Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: 2Cor.3:2

He goes on to say they're all being conformed to the image of God,

for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Lk.6:35

I would agree, but I'm not sure how you're understanding it.

There are two covenants that Paul identifies by allegory. The covenant of law that pertains to the flesh and the covenant of promise, that (all though not stated) pertains to the spirit.

Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Is this how you understand it also?

Under which covenant are we told not to love? I don't mean to harp on this, I'm trying to understand what other Christians actually believe and why they do so.
There are several Covenants.
But Paul is talking about the one that matters and that is the Abrahamic Covenant.
The points to consider concerning the covenant promise God made to Hagar are these:
Hagar and her son Ishmael were cast out at the word of Sarah and God agreed with the decision. Gen. 21:10-12.
God told also Abraham that He would make of Ishmael a great nation. Gen. 21:13, 18.
The reason for the allegory was to make distinction between Isaac and Ishmael as both were sons of Abraham and Paul's instruction to his "Jewish" brethren in Asia Minor (Galatians was a circular letter) was that the promise went through Isaac.
But it was the Mosaic Covenant that God made when He gave His Law to the twelve tribes of the children of Jacob/Israel in the Book of Holiness (Leviticus) in which God commanded the tribes to love among themselves and to not mingle with the Gentile nations which surround them nor learn their ways (Lev. 19:17-18.)

17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. 18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
Lev. 19:17–18.

God placed the tribes around the Tabernacle as it pleased Him. Three tribes to the north, three tribes to the east, three tribes to the west, and three tribes to the south. From the air it was the shape of a cross.
A brother was a member of the same tribe.
A neighbor was a member of a tribe situated next to another tribe.
Children of thy people was a member of any tribe.

As you may well know Jesus didn't come to change the Law and He didn't. In Matthew 5 Jesus teaches the "Jews" in the original command of God in the Law given that they were the descendants of both northern and southern tribes from the past that became enemies against each other and warred several times against each other in their history. Jesus is taking God's people back to original command and upholding it and called upon His tribal brethren and neighbor (Jesus was from the tribe of Judah) to love each other as commanded by God. The whole context of Matthew 5:43-48 has Israel as His subject and not the Romans or any other Gentiles not in Covenant with God.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Mt 5:43–48.

The idea of the kingdom was becoming stronger than before especially since Jesus was said to be Israel's Messiah and King prophesied to sit on the throne of David. Even upon Jesus' ascension from the Mount of Olives His disciples asked Him about the restoration of the Kingdom to Israel:

3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: Acts 1:3.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? Acts 1:6.

And since Jesus' coming is the fulfillment of many prophecies in the Old Testament and that Paul's teaching that if we are Christ's through deliverance and salvation, we are also the seed of Abraham and heirs according to the promise:

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Gal. 3:29.

This also includes being part of the Mosaic Covenant (Born-again "Jews" and born-again Gentiles.) And the connection is made through the Promise of Holy Spirit. The Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit. It was He whom God Promised to put in our inward parts as per Jeremiah 31:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel (Northern Kingdom), and with the house of Judah (Southern Kingdom.)
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
In the day that I took them by the hand
To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
Which my covenant they brake,
Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel (both Kingdoms);
After those days, saith the LORD,
I will put my law in their inward parts,
And write it in their hearts;
And will be their God,
And they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
Know the LORD:
For they shall all know me,
From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
For I will forgive their iniquity,
And I will remember their sin no more.
Jer. 31:31–34.

Now I ask you, do we see the same Jesus?

I would agree that the breath of life doesn't belong to us in the sense that we do not own it. All souls (of which the breath of life is an element of) are owned by God. Body + Breath of Life = Soul, and God owns all souls.
I think I would somewhat agree, though I believe the breath of life is what gave birth to man's spirit during the creation process in Gen 2:7. In Gen 7:22, the "breath of life" is now called the "breath of spirit life" or using perhaps better English "breath of a living spirit". Man (soul) is now called/referred to as body and spirit.
In the Old Testament the words "soul" and "spirit" are used interchangeably by the KJV translators depending on the context in which it is found. But it seems to me you are personalizing the word "spirit" for the Holy Spirit, and this isn't so. All God did was animate Adam with His breath. Adam didn't have the Holy Spirit, but he did have a human spirit at creation which enabled him to communicate with God and for the purpose of death.
Man is comprised of body and soul, but Adam was created body, soul, and human spirit. In the day he ate of the forbidden tree he died. It wasn't his body that died for he lived 930 years. It wasn't his soul that died for the soul is comprised of mind/intellect, senses, emotions, conscience, and will. It was his human spirit that died and since Christ rules the Spirit realm there was no way Adam could pass on a human spirit in his genes. All men are born dichotomy, or body and soul - no human spirit. What Jesus said in Matthew 10:28 helps me understand this situation for the one being cast into hell is a two-fold person (unsaved) and that since Paul is speaking to the Thessalonians in his first letter, he says this:

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thess. 5:23.

So, who's correct? Jesus or Paul?
Both are.
When a two-fold person is saved by the Holy Spirit God creates a new human spirit in that person and restores the image of God in that person which takes us back to communication with God in Genesis before Adam died in the day he ate from the forbidden tree. The human spirit helps believers communicate with God who is Spirit and enables us to process spiritual phenomenon (spiritual gifts, etc.)

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Eph. 4:24.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor. 5:16–17.

The word "creature" is the word "ktisis" and can be translated as "create" or "created." It means "formation."
There are no three-fold believers in "hell." Three-fold is the image of God.
This is where I think we disagree, or perhaps we're simply wording it differently. Gen 2:7 tells us that man "became" a soul (or a living creature). The soul is really a single compound consisting of two elements. Those two elements are:
Generally speaking, yes. When saying something like "oh, that poor soul" it is generally meant as the whole person (body and soul.) And I think the same can be said when man became a living "soul."
1) Body, including it's nature derived from dust (the earth);
2) Breath of life, including the spirit of man derived from God.
I take #1 as correct, but not #2.
The soul is derived from God. It is in this where His foreknowledge of us is found when He first contemplated us in His Mind in Himself which is Eternity (only God is Eternal.)
This perhaps is where the real difference is. When we're born alive, we are a "soul" (a living being). And that soul (or living being) consists of a physical body + breath of a living spirit. And this spirit of man is passed on and preserved by God, as shown here:

Job 10:12 Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.

The term "visitation" is פְּקֻדָּה and is used for God's oversight and care of man's spirit.

A stillbirth, on the other hand, would not be a "soul" by definition, but simply a dead body. No spirit would be present.
A soul would be present as well as a body in some form as sperm and egg produced enough material before God to be a person. Life begins at conception. So, when this occurs there is a life, maybe by not some political correctness of others but by God's standards it is a life after conception. And although no breath would be present in a stillborn the soul is still animated, and it has a body of some form of embryonic mass.
The "new human spirit" is not really a replacement of the original spirit from creation but rather a refreshing of that spirit, where it becomes once again, alive to the soul. Man's spirit from creation is not said to be "taken away" like the stony heart is and then given a new one, as shown for example, here:

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Anyway, just my thoughts on this. I enjoy having the discussions with you.
ibid.

Hello jeremiah1five.
Paul said the gospel was proclaimed by the love he had for others,
He goes on to say they're all being conformed to the image of God,
for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Lk.6:35
OK. But who told YOU to proclaim the gospel?

Who said you were to proclaim the gospel?
Jesus didn't tell me not to. There are examples where Jesus told those he healed not to speak of it though, for example (Mat 9:30).

For myself, after hearing, believing the Gospel and calling on Jesus, I was so filled with spiritual life (being born of God), I told everyone. I could not contain it. I was 17 years old at the time, and stood up in school and told everyone about Jesus and the Gospel. Everyone thought I was crazy...lol

Did Jesus tell you not to tell others of the hope within you? And if so, did He do so by revelation (Mat 9:30)?

Here are some scriptures that direct the believer, such as Timothy, to teach God is the Savior of all:

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
1Ti 4:11 These things command and teach.

And here, regarding the hope that lies within:

1Pe 3:15 and the Lord God sanctify in your hearts. And be ready always for defence to every one who is asking of you an account concerning the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

There are several Covenants.
But Paul is talking about the one that matters and that is the Abrahamic Covenant.
The points to consider concerning the covenant promise God made to Hagar are these:
Hagar and her son Ishmael were cast out at the word of Sarah and God agreed with the decision. Gen. 21:10-12.
God told also Abraham that He would make of Ishmael a great nation. Gen. 21:13, 18.
The reason for the allegory was to make distinction between Isaac and Ishmael as both were sons of Abraham and Paul's instruction to his "Jewish" brethren in Asia Minor (Galatians was a circular letter) was that the promise went through Isaac.
But it was the Mosaic Covenant that God made when He gave His Law to the twelve tribes of the children of Jacob/Israel in the Book of Holiness (Leviticus) in which God commanded the tribes to love among themselves and to not mingle with the Gentile nations which surround them nor learn their ways (Lev. 19:17-18.)

17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. 18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
Lev. 19:17–18.

God placed the tribes around the Tabernacle as it pleased Him. Three tribes to the north, three tribes to the east, three tribes to the west, and three tribes to the south. From the air it was the shape of a cross.
A brother was a member of the same tribe.
A neighbor was a member of a tribe situated next to another tribe.
Children of thy people was a member of any tribe.

As you may well know Jesus didn't come to change the Law and He didn't. In Matthew 5 Jesus teaches the "Jews" in the original command of God in the Law given that they were the descendants of both northern and southern tribes from the past that became enemies against each other and warred several times against each other in their history. Jesus is taking God's people back to original command and upholding it and called upon His tribal brethren and neighbor (Jesus was from the tribe of Judah) to love each other as commanded by God. The whole context of Matthew 5:43-48 has Israel as His subject and not the Romans or any other Gentiles not in Covenant with God.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Mt 5:43–48.

The idea of the kingdom was becoming stronger than before especially since Jesus was said to be Israel's Messiah and King prophesied to sit on the throne of David. Even upon Jesus' ascension from the Mount of Olives His disciples asked Him about the restoration of the Kingdom to Israel:

3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: Acts 1:3.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? Acts 1:6.

And since Jesus' coming is the fulfillment of many prophecies in the Old Testament and that Paul's teaching that if we are Christ's through deliverance and salvation, we are also the seed of Abraham and heirs according to the promise:

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Gal. 3:29.

This also includes being part of the Mosaic Covenant (Born-again "Jews" and born-again Gentiles.) And the connection is made through the Promise of Holy Spirit. The Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit. It was He whom God Promised to put in our inward parts as per Jeremiah 31:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel (Northern Kingdom), and with the house of Judah (Southern Kingdom.)
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
In the day that I took them by the hand
To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
Which my covenant they brake,
Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel (both Kingdoms);
After those days, saith the LORD,
I will put my law in their inward parts,
And write it in their hearts;
And will be their God,
And they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
Know the LORD:
For they shall all know me,
From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
For I will forgive their iniquity,
And I will remember their sin no more.
Jer. 31:31–34.

Now I ask you, do we see the same Jesus?
We do in some regards, however I see all as being elect, according to the spirit, in Christ (Col 1:16 with Isa 42:1). All, without exception, including Gentiles. And that all are made subject to Christ. However, we just don't see it, as yet (Heb 2:8). But in the end, God will be the all in all (1Co 15:28).

That's what the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of Christ) has shown me. And I won't deny it.

Last edited:
Jesus didn't tell me not to. There are examples where Jesus told those he healed not to speak of it though, for example (Mat 9:30).
The idea is that it wasn't others ministry or command to tell others about Jesus. That was His business, and He would tell people who He was in His own time and in the Father's time.
For myself, after hearing, believing the Gospel and calling on Jesus, I was so filled with spiritual life (being born of God), I told everyone. I could not contain it. I was 17 years old at the time, and stood up in school and told everyone about Jesus and the Gospel. Everyone thought I was crazy...lol
Good for you. I had the same experience.
Did Jesus tell you not to tell others of the hope within you? And if so, did He do so by revelation (Mat 9:30)?
Here are some scriptures that direct the believer, such as Timothy, to teach God is the Savior of all:
1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
1Ti 4:11 These things command and teach.
And here, regarding the hope that lies within:
1Pe 3:15 and the Lord God sanctify in your hearts. And be ready always for defence to every one who is asking of you an account concerning the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
The key is "to those that ask of the hope in you."
And if they're not asking then say nothing.

OK. But who told YOU to proclaim the gospel?
You're missing the point. The gospel is proclaimed by our conduct in Christ,

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. Jn.13:35

Preaching the gospel is acomplished in deeds done in his name.

You're missing the point. The gospel is proclaimed by our conduct in Christ,
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. Jn.13:35
Preaching the gospel is accomplished in deeds done in his name.
I understand this.

God does love everyone. He suffered and died for everyone to free them from the misery of sin. He wants everyone to go to heaven. But, some people do not want to repent of their sins. And so they reject God because they know what they are doing is wrong. They would rather continue in their sins, instead of repenting and choosing God and heaven. Thus they choose hell when they die.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back