Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Does man have free will to choose salvation?

Hebrews 4:15 nasb For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

1John 3:5 nasb You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.

2 Corinthians 5:21 nasb He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

1 Peter 2:22 nasb WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH;
Not certain why it underlines when copying and pasting verses on a tablet.

Apologies it was not intentional.

I read a confluence of passages that helped me to arrive at the answer for the OP.

We are told God's words are foolishness to the natural mind,those still in our sins. Only the Holy Spirit can change this. I understand that to say,we can't choose to understand God's words when we are told we cannot due to our fallen nature.

Jesus told his Disciples,they did not choose him. He chose them.

I think when the gospel calls to us,or we seek God,that is God's doing not ours. Just as he said.

I read a confluence of passages that helped me to arrive at the answer for the OP.

We are told God's words are foolishness to the natural mind,those still in our sins. Only the Holy Spirit can change this. I understand that to say,we can't choose to understand God's words when we are told we cannot due to our fallen nature.

Jesus told his Disciples,they did not choose him. He chose them.

I think when the gospel calls to us,or we seek God,that is God's doing not ours. Just as he said.
This is correct,

Thank you.

Show me the verse that says my salvation is in Mary, who was not sinless as you believe.
Lk 2:30 Jesus Christ is our salvation!
Matt 1: 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Thks

The so-called reforms believed and defended the dogma’s of Mary

Immaculate conception of Mary
Mother of God
Perpetual Virgin
Assumption

And devotion cos all graces come thru Mary

“I esteem immensely the Mother of God, the ever chaste, immaculate Virgin Mary.” Zwingli

Presence of God produces holiness!

Holiness befits thy house!

Knowing the holiness of God we cannot use the ark of the covenant for a bbq dinner or the holy of holies for a rock and roll dance, and why not?

Cos they are consecrated to God in holiness and must be pure and only for God’s purpose and cannot be used for an ordinary purpose without it being a sacrilege!

These are types of Mary most holy!

Mary is consecrated to God alone!
A vow of perpetual virginity!

Scripture says: “holiness befits thy house, O Lord” (Ps 93:5). Mary was Jesus’ “house” for 9 months so if holiness befits God’s house would not Mary be holy also? Just like the Ark and the Tabernacle she was set apart and consecrated to the Lord., the holy dwelling of God.

1 cor 3:17 …..for the temple of God is holy….. Mary is the temple, house, dwelling of God, God had need of Her to become man!

Jesus was conceived pure and immaculate because Mary was pure and immaculate. As Job said “Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one.” (Job 14:4).

Lk 2:30 Jesus Christ is our salvation!
Matt 1: 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Thks

The so-called reforms believed and defended the dogma’s of Mary

Immaculate conception of Mary
Mother of God
Perpetual Virgin
Assumption

And devotion cos all graces come thru Mary

“I esteem immensely the Mother of God, the ever chaste, immaculate Virgin Mary.” Zwingli

Presence of God produces holiness!

Holiness befits thy house!

Knowing the holiness of God we cannot use the ark of the covenant for a bbq dinner or the holy of holies for a rock and roll dance, and why not?

Cos they are consecrated to God in holiness and must be pure and only for God’s purpose and cannot be used for an ordinary purpose without it being a sacrilege!

These are types of Mary most holy!

Mary is consecrated to God alone!
A vow of perpetual virginity!

Scripture says: “holiness befits thy house, O Lord” (Ps 93:5). Mary was Jesus’ “house” for 9 months so if holiness befits God’s house would not Mary be holy also? Just like the Ark and the Tabernacle she was set apart and consecrated to the Lord., the holy dwelling of God.

1 cor 3:17 …..for the temple of God is holy….. Mary is the temple, house, dwelling of God, God had need of Her to become man!

Jesus was conceived pure and immaculate because Mary was pure and immaculate. As Job said “Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one.” (Job 14:4).
Hold on now Hoss.

I grew up Roman Catholic and never bought into their doctrines.

They tried to indoctrinate me as a alter boy and in school, never bought into it.

The Bible says absolutley nothing about our salvation in a sinful woman< who needed a Savior, as Mary.

Please take that elsewhere.

Please stay on topic.

You were not born of a woman ? ! ? Christ was not born of a woman ? ! ?

You were born sinning ? ! ? Just by existing you were sinning ?
Death in Adam, Life in Christ
Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—
Rom 5:13 for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the trespass of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
Rom 5:15 But the gracious gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many.
Rom 5:16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the gracious gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification.
Rom 5:17 For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
Rom 5:18 So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.
Rom 5:19 For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were appointed sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be appointed righteous.
Rom 5:20 Now the Law came in so that the transgression would increase, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,
Rom 5:21 so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You were not born of a woman ? ! ? Christ was not born of a woman ? ! ?

You were born sinning ? ! ? Just by existing you were sinning ?
So if you were not born in sin, you were born sinless, is this correct?

The Bible says this....

Ephesians 2:3 among whom we all also formerly conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—

Psalms 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb; These who speak falsehood wander in error from birth.

Back