Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Does man have free will to choose salvation?

Ok , then produce the scripture of God telling Adam about sin nature .
There is nothing in scripture about God telling Adam he would have a sin nature that I am aware of. Remember, I'm the guy that says God told Adam about 50ish consequences of disobedience and as I recall you are the guy that added to the list even though one can't prove it with scripture. You are the one making assumptions as to what God told Adam per:
Do you believe God would neglect to tell Adam the curse of sin would now live in him and all his descendants after him ?
I think it best to NOT make assumptions and conclusions based on assumptions.

Premise1: The penalty for sin is death Romans 6:23, Romans 5:12
Premise2: Babies die in the womb
Conclusion: Babies are in sin from conception onward 1 Cor. 15:22, Psalm 5:5, Romans 5:12

It's not hard to understand this verse.
Apparently it is .... *giggle*

Everyone paints in their minds an image of God that is off the mark and then draws erroneous conclusions. Me included ... and for the most part each of us thinks we are closer to truth than the others. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Apparently it is .... *giggle*

Everyone paints in their minds an image of God that is off the mark and then draws erroneous conclusions. Me included ... and for the most part each of us thinks we are closer to truth than the others. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
I also can relate.

We all miss the mark.

We are all flawed somewhere in our theology.

And this means that Cain and Able had a sin nature and they were totally depraved ? Yes or No ?
Yes ... where "sin nature" is defined as that which makes all men rebellious/disobedient to God
... where Totally Depraved is defined as "righteous incapability"

... what's your point?

Yes ... where "sin nature" is defined as that which makes all men rebellious/disobedient to God
... where Totally Depraved is defined as "righteous incapability"

... what's your point?
Ah , have patience with an old man 👴 .

But Abel was found righteous .

4And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

12Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

And Cain was not totally depraved , otherwise God would not have had this convo with Cain telling him to not let sin have control over him, there would have been no use .

6And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

7If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Intuitively ... meaning you do not have scripture to back it up. It's an unfounded opinion based on how you feel God must act. I prefer to use scripture. The following verses show one must know of Christ to be saved and prove the 1482 N.A. Indian is 'toast' where 'toast' means 'in hell':
  • John 3:18 Whoever believes and has decided to trust in Him [as personal Savior and Lord] is not judged [for this one, there is no judgment, no rejection, no condemnation]; but the one who does not believe [and has decided to reject Him as personal Savior and Lord] is judged already [that one has been convicted and sentenced], because he has not believed and trusted in the name of the [One and] only begotten Son of God [the One who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, the One who alone can save him].
  • John 14:5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going; so how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the [only] Way [to God] and the [real] Truth and the [real] Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
  • John 12:48 Whoever rejects Me and refuses to accept My teachings, has one who judges him; the very word that I spoke will judge and condemn him on the last day.
  • John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
  • Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among people by which we must be saved [for God has provided the world no alternative for salvation].”

Agreed, even the demons know there is a God. This knowledge is insufficient for salvation. When you use scripture to prove a point you should use pertinent verses. In this case the subject matter would include what is needed to be saved like Romans 10:9-10 ... .show give me a verse that says one is saved by knowing there is a God.

Nope .... show give me a verse that says one is saved by knowing there is a God.

Apologize or I will report you. I think your statement is a matter of you not being able to express yourself ... but if you truly believe what you wrote I will report you; otherwise, I will forgive you and save the administrators time.

You don't understand the context of the verse. See https://www.gotquestions.org/not-willing-for-any-to-perish.html

I was quoting from Romans Chapter 1.18-32 (they know God, they are without excuse, therefore, the knowledge they have is sufficient for salvation), see also Acts 10.35. Now like most doctrines in the Bible, there are many, many more texts to consider.

Ah , have patience with an old man 👴 .
Who told you I was old ...lol ... I am age challenged

Seems I made a syllogism which you haven't shown to be in error .... rather you skip that and ask questions .... ball was in your court and you wiffed IMO. :)

But Abel was found righteous .
Righteous? Define righteous. Gee, I too am righteous because I am IN CHRIST. His righteousness has be imputed to me.

And Cain was not totally depraved
You need to define "totally depraved" ... I defined it as "righteous inability", unable to obey God completely .. is that what you mean? With that definition Able was not righteous as shown by his need to offer a sacrifice for forgiveness of his sins.

otherwise God would not have had this convo with Cain telling him to not let sin have control over him
You keep asserting that God is obligated to do this and that ... these are unscriptually founded. I can make assumptions and assert God is obligated too because my assumptions are correct too ... stick to scripture.

Bed time .... 'cause I am very old. Where's my walker and colostomy bag?

Who told you I was old ...lol ... I am age challenged

Seems I made a syllogism which you haven't shown to be in error .... rather you skip that and ask questions .... ball was in your court and you wiffed IMO. :)

Righteous? Define righteous. Gee, I too am righteous because I am IN CHRIST. His righteousness has be imputed to me.

You need to define "totally depraved" ... I defined it as "righteous inability", unable to obey God completely .. is that what you mean? With that definition Able was not righteous as shown by his need to offer a sacrifice for forgiveness of his sins.

You keep asserting that God is obligated to do this and that ... these are unscriptually founded. I can make assumptions and assert God is obligated too because my assumptions are correct too ... stick to scripture.

Now that's funny stuff.

Premise1: The penalty for sin is death Romans 6:23, Romans 5:12
Premise2: Babies die in the womb
Conclusion: Babies are in sin from conception onward 1 Cor. 15:22, Psalm 5:5, Romans 5:12
Your premises are right, but your conclusion is wrong.
Adam committed sin, and death was introduced into the world.
The baby that dies in the womb died because Adam sinned.
Cats and dogs and deer and birds die because Adam sinned.
Or do you propose that cats, dogs, deer, and birds committed sins ?

Seems I made a syllogism which you haven't shown to be in error
Sorry , I did not know you had sillygeezimed .
rather you skip that and ask questions
I have to , you give my mind that needed exercise with your sometimes answers .
ball was in your court and you wiffed IMO. :)
Strike one ! It is deja vu all over again .
Righteous? Define righteous.
You did , now you want to change it ?
Gee, I too am righteous because I am IN CHRIST.
Praise God ! But we were taking about Cain and Abel .
I defined it as "righteous inability", unable to obey God completely
Enoch obeyed God completely . Totally depraved ! ? ! Sin nature ! ? ! Did God miss seeing that ?

24And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

stick to scripture.
Did Aristotle say that ? Another semigizim ?
What ? WHAT ? Oh sorry my hearing aids are in need of batteries :Shyem .

Sorry , I did not know you had sillygeezimed .

I have to , you give my mind that needed exercise with your sometimes answers .

Strike one ! It is deja vu all over again .

You did , now you want to change it ?

Praise God ! But we were taking about Cain and Abel .

Enoch obeyed God completely . Totally depraved ! ? ! Sin nature ! ? ! Did God miss seeing that ?

24And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Did Aristotle say that ? Another semigizim ?

What ? WHAT ? Oh sorry my hearing aids are in need of batteries :Shyem .

The Bible does not say he obeyed completly. The Bible does not say Enoch was sinless.

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; AND HE WAS NOT FOUND BECAUSE GOD TOOK HIM UP; for prior to being taken up, he was approved as being pleasing to God.

Nothing in Hebrews 11:5 says Enoch was born sinless.

Hebrew 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who draws near to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Where does faith come from? Is it your own faith, or a gift from God?

Back