Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Does man have free will to choose salvation?

Apparently, everything that I wrote.

And you have supplied no Scripture that states we are born guilty of sin.
Plenty of scriptures. but you do not accept them.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—

Psalms 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb; These who speak falsehood wander in error from birth.

Error means to sin no?

H8582
תּעה
tâ‛âh
BDB Definition:
1) to err, wander, go astray, stagger
1a) (Qal) to err
1a1) to wander about (physically)
1a2) of intoxication
1a3) of sin (ethically)
1a4) wandering (of the mind)
1b) (Niphal)
1b1) to be made to wander about, be made to stagger (drunkard)
1b2) to be led astray (ethically)
1c) (Hiphil) to cause to wander
1c1) to cause to wander about (physically)
1c2) to cause to wander (of intoxication)
1c3) to cause to err, mislead (mentally and morally)
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: a primitive root
Same Word by TWOT Number: 2531

Anyhow, how dod you choose salvation?

Apparently, everything that I wrote.

And you have supplied no Scripture that states we are born guilty of sin.

I am still waiting for Scripture that says you are born sinless and without guilt.

I understand that is the position of many Christians, but yt makes no sense from a Biblical or theological position.

David completely understood he was born in sin and struggled with it.

Psalms 51:5-6 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me. Behold, You delight in truth in the innermost being, And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.

But you view that differently, no worries.

How did you choose to be saved?

Romans 8:7-8 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (8) So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Where in the Bible does it say God chooses people for salvation?
Where did your faith come from?

Romans 8:7-8 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (8) So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Let me know when you find a verse that says God chooses people for salvation.

Thanks.

JLB

Thanks.

JLB
Of course many of you resort to answering a question with a question.

You will just dismiss these verses as you have in the past.

Exodus 6:7I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I [am] the LORD your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

Deut 7:6 For thou [art] an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that [are] upon the face of the earth.

John 1:12-13 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the power to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: (13) who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 17:1-2 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, (2) "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.

John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1Pet 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Pro 16:4 The LORD hath made all [things] for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Romans 9:11-13 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), (12) it was said to her, "The older shall serve the younger." (13) As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."

Romans 11:5-7 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (6) And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work. (7) What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

1 Kings 19:18 Yet I have reserved seven thousand in Israel, all whose knees have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him."

Psa 33:12 Blessed [is] the nation whose God [is] the LORD; [and] the people [whom] he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Psa 65:4 Blessed [is the man whom] thou choosest, and causest to approach [unto thee, that] he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, [even] of thy holy temple.

Psalms 106:4-5 Remember me, O LORD, with the favor You have toward Your people; Oh, visit me with Your salvation, (5) That I may see the benefit of Your chosen ones, That I may rejoice in the gladness of Your nation, That I may glory with Your inheritance.

Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and [he] to whomsoever the Son will reveal [him].

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few [are] chosen.

Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

1 Peter 1:1-2 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, (2) elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rom 9:16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Ephesians 1:11-12 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, (12) that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

2Tim 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

1 Corinthians 1:27-29 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; (28) and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, (29) that no flesh should glory in His presence.

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Acts 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

Acts 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

John 10:2-3 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. (3) "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

Romans 11:1-11 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. (2) God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, (3) "LORD, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life"? (4) But what does the divine response say to him? "I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal." (5) Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (6) And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.
(7) What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. (8) Just as it is written: "God has given them a spirit of stupor, Eyes that they should not see And ears that they should not hear, To this very day." (9) And David says: "Let their table become a snare and a trap, A stumbling block and a recompense to them. (10) Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see, and bow down their back always."
(11) I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

A predisposition to sin .

No one born save Jesus doesn't have that .
But Jesus was tempted as we are in all points . Jesus was born of the flesh of a woman as we are too , he had a human nature and no sin nature the same as us having no sin nature . Born of a seed of a woman .

Hebrews 4:15​

“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.”

That’s exactly what you did.

I asked you … Where in the Bible does it say God chooses people for salvation?

Post #168
Where in the Bible does it say God chooses people for salvation?

Your answer in post 169 -

My response to you answering me with a question. - Post 170

Thanks.

JLB

Then you accused me of the very thing you yourself did in post 171 -

:thud

That’s exactly what you did.

I asked you … Where in the Bible does it say God chooses people for salvation?

Post #168

Your answer in post 169 -

My response to you answering me with a question. - Post 170

Then you accused me of the very thing you yourself did in post 171 -

:thud

Ummmm post #172

Ummmm post #172

Everyone sees exactly what you said.

Again, please let me know when you find that scripture that teaches us God chooses some for salvation which by default means God chooses the rest for eternal damnation.

Everyone sees exactly what you said.

Again, please let me know when you find that scripture that teaches us God chooses some for salvation which by default means God chooses the rest for eternal damnation.
What are you even talking about?

Now you change the question.

The Scriptures are there in post 171.

Are you ok?

There really is no talking with you.

Grace and peace to you.

You are welcome to list any times Fastfredy0 disobeyed God. If you can't then we can assume Fastfredy0 never disobeyed God. This is where your logic leads.
Your logic leaves me to look for Fastfredy0 in the Bible so I can compare him to Enoch who is in the Bible .
We can assume Fastfredy0 does not exist .

Screenshot_25-9-2024_13835_www.kingjamesbibleonline.org.jpeg

I am looking to see what others on this forum believe as to the title of this thread.

This subject will tie back to what one believes if they are born in sin or not, are we born with a corrupt or good nature.
Do you have a free will to have expressed your independent opinion in this thread, maybe differs from what you've been taught in theology? If yes, then you have free will.

Please see the thread title.
You know, some people deny free will, people from both Christians, atheists and followers of other religions, therefore the existence of free will must be affirmed. As for free will to choose salvation, well, Jesus once asked this man before he performed a miracle - "do you WANT to be made well?" He had to choose to be made well, Jesus asked for his consent, salvation is not bargained or forced upon. I think that pretty much answers your question.

Back