Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does man naturally have ability to Seek God ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Let us take a look at scripture:

When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted. Ps 77:2

But in their distress they turned to the LORD, the God of Israel, and sought him, and he was found by them. 2 Chron 15:4
And Jehoahaz besought the LORD, and the LORD hearkened unto him: for he saw the oppression of Israel, because the king of Syria oppressed them. 2 Kings 13:4

They buried him, for they said, “He was a son of Jehoshaphat, who sought the LORD with all his heart.” 2 Chronograph 22:9

He sought God during the days of Zechariah, who instructed him in the fear of God. As long as he sought the LORD, God gave him success. 2 Chronograph 26:5

Then there was a famine in the days of David three years, year after year; and David inquired of the LORD. And the LORD answered, 2 Sam 21:1

And it came to pass, that every one which sought the LORD went out unto the tabernacle of the congregation, which was without the camp. Ex 33:7

The land is still ours, because we have sought the LORD our God; we sought him and he has given us rest on every side.” So they built and prospered. 2 Chronograph 14:7

There are lots more but I am weary of cutting and pasting them all. Logically, if I provide one example of people, unregenerate, seeking the Lord, and I have provided a few, the position that no one in all of human history sought God falls apart. If I adjust the search by using past or future or Lord, there will be more.

The temple was actually a place were a man, unregenerate or not, can come and seek the Lord and they did. Why else would God have provided such a place. This is just one of many Calvinist positions that is wrong according to the Bible. Men sought God in the history of the world some of who were NOT regenerated and wanted to be.

Calvinism is actually easy to expose. One just needs to read more than the scriptures that they provide. Read the whole Bible and it falls apart. This is only one point.

Let us take a look at scripture:

When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted. Ps 77:2

But in their distress they turned to the LORD, the God of Israel, and sought him, and he was found by them. 2 Chron 15:4
And Jehoahaz besought the LORD, and the LORD hearkened unto him: for he saw the oppression of Israel, because the king of Syria oppressed them. 2 Kings 13:4

They buried him, for they said, “He was a son of Jehoshaphat, who sought the LORD with all his heart.” 2 Chronograph 22:9

He sought God during the days of Zechariah, who instructed him in the fear of God. As long as he sought the LORD, God gave him success. 2 Chronograph 26:5

Then there was a famine in the days of David three years, year after year; and David inquired of the LORD. And the LORD answered, 2 Sam 21:1

And it came to pass, that every one which sought the LORD went out unto the tabernacle of the congregation, which was without the camp. Ex 33:7

The land is still ours, because we have sought the LORD our God; we sought him and he has given us rest on every side.” So they built and prospered. 2 Chronograph 14:7

There are lots more but I am weary of cutting and pasting them all. Logically, if I provide one example of people, unregenerate, seeking the Lord, and I have provided a few, the position that no one in all of human history sought God falls apart. If I adjust the search by using past or future or Lord, there will be more.

The temple was actually a place were a man, unregenerate or not, can come and seek the Lord and they did. Why else would God have provided such a place. This is just one of many Calvinist positions that is wrong according to the Bible. Men sought God in the history of the world some of who were NOT regenerated and wanted to be.

Calvinism is actually easy to expose. One just needs to read more than the scriptures that they provide. Read the whole Bible and it falls apart. This is only one point.
If and when people sought the Lord they were born again, spiritual people. My discussion is that men naturally dont seek nor have ability to seek the Lord, not the True God.

Naturally men dont seek God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

jump over to romans 10 the who so ever shall we call out to him while lost he then saves us. but you want to make it difficult sorta like Bill Clinton i smoked pot BUT i didn't inhale :eek how shall they hear ? …13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 14How then can they call on the One in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”…

you can say God gives us faith first your gnat straining

No in fact, its looking at the complete picture. You appear to be closed minded
i can see Calvinism has trained you well ..this is not my 1st rodeo i have tried note***** tried to discuss this issue and many others in carm forum it was like beating a dead horse :horse .i will no longer waste my time

jump over to romans 10 the who so ever shall we call out to him while lost he then saves us. but you want to make it difficult sorta like Bill Clinton i smoked pot BUT i didn't inhale :eek how shall they hear ? …13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 14How then can they call on the One in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”…

you can say God gives us faith first your gnat straining
Romans 10 doesnt change the fact that man naturally doesnt seek after God Rom 3:11

Romans 10 is describing the conversion of the regenerated, born again people, spiritually alive people.

i can see Calvinism has trained you well ..this is not my 1st rodeo i have tried note***** tried to discuss this issue and many others in carm forum it was like beating a dead horse :horse .i will no longer waste my time
You may call it calvinism in derision, yet its the word of God, God has taught me. Jn 6:44-45

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Jerry may God be pleased to have mercy on you sir.

Romans 10 doesnt change the fact that man naturally doesnt seek after God Rom 3:11

Romans 10 is describing the conversion of the regenerated, born again people, spiritually alive people.
my last reply you call out seek God/Jesus for salvation when the Holy spirit pricks your heart you either call upon the name of the Lord or you dont . keep trying you might convince your self your right :wall :horse:thumbsup:popcorn

If and when people sought the Lord they were born again, spiritual people. My discussion is that men naturally dont seek nor have ability to seek the Lord, not the True God.

Not one person was born again
before the Resurrection. Not one. No one is described as such. Ergo, non-born again people have sought the Lord. I know it goes against your theology.

before the Resurrection. Not one.
When Jesus told the Pharisee Nicodemus that he must be born again, why did Jesus expect Nicodemus to know this purely from the Old Testament?

Joh 3:10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things?

my last reply you call out seek God/Jesus for salvation when the Holy spirit pricks your heart you either call upon the name of the Lord or you dont . keep trying you might convince your self your right :wall :horse:thumbsup:popcorn
When the Holy Spirit quickens one into New Life, they seek the Lord.

When the Holy Spirit quickens one into New Life, they seek the Lord.
you to far out in left field for me ,i will say this your well taught i have dealt with Calvinist / reformed what ever your presence is in name . makes me no never mind
over the years in carm i hashed this same very answer out back and forth, did a email correspondence with a Calvinist. till they seen they was getting no where in / converting me to Calvinism. before you respond i can give the answer . so you all been taught the same . you simply can not see out side the box

dorthymae

before the Resurrection. Not one.

Thats not true, and you have not one scripture that declares that. Many had Faith Heb 11:1 in the OT and that Faith is the Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, they in the OT had the same Spirit of Faith as the NT Saints 2 Cor 4:13

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Besides that in order to be a saint, you must be born again, and there were saints in the OT Deut 33:3

Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words

1 Sam 2:9

He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

Ps 16:3
But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.

Ps 31:23

O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.

How can a unregenerate spiritually dead person Love the Lord ? By the Spirit in them, Love is fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

Ps 34:9

O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.

Man naturally does not fear God Rom 3:18

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

God gives a new heart to fear Him Jer 32 39

And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

Ergo, non-born again people have sought the Lord. I know it goes against your theology.
Thats against the scripture Rom 3:11

you to far out in left field for me ,i will say this your well taught i have dealt with Calvinist / reformed what ever your presence is in name . makes me no never mind
over the years in carm i hashed this same very answer out back and forth, did a email correspondence with a Calvinist. till they seen they was getting no where in / converting me to Calvinism. before you respond i can give the answer . so you all been taught the same . you simply can not see out side the box
The Natural man doesnt seek after God sir Rom 3:11

Back