Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does man naturally have ability to Seek God ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes sir I understand that, what led you to believe I thought otherwise?
Okay then, that sin had dire consequences for man, in fact it brought about death. Man is by nature alienated from God, dead to God, the True God that is, he may be alive to all manner of false gods, but not until a change takes place, we are dead and alienated from the True God Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Even our most sincere, and honest religious efforts by nature before God are nothing but wicked works.

So again man by nature has zero ability to seek the True God, the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. By nature man is lost !

She can’t help it … she’s Arminian. 😎
she posts this;
[And God has a flock...
HOW one gets to be part of the flock is the question at hand.
I'll leave it at that.]

When anyone reads Ezk34 it is easy to see that God already has His sheep.

They are lost and scattered by defective teaching.
God himself says he is going to seek and search for his sheep.

Jesus seeks and saves them, not one is lost. Clear and simple.

Okay then, that sin had dire consequences for man, in fact it brought about death. Man is by nature alienated from God, dead to God, the True God that is, he may be alive to all manner of false gods, but not until a change takes place, we are dead and alienated from the True God Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Even our most sincere, and honest religious efforts by nature before God are nothing but wicked works.

So again man by nature has zero ability to seek the True God, the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. By nature man is lost !
Man can indeed be a religious person, worshipping idols and demon spirits; 1cor10
20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

Some think that this religious activity is "seeking God"....they are mistaken

I agree with all brightfame52 with the exception of this:
So again man by nature has zero ability to seek the True God, the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Not only can we seek God, it is our responsibility: Ac 17:27 that they should seek God, if haply they might feel after him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us

God promises if you: Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you

I agree with all brightfame52 with the exception of this:

Not only can we seek God, it is our responsibility: Ac 17:27 that they should seek God, if haply they might feel after him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us

God promises if you: Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you
Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Rom 3:11

You stated you are a Christian in your information, were you born a Christian, or did you in fact seek God? But the question I really want answered is this: How do you explain the contradiction sir?

You stated you are a Christian in your information, were you born a Christian, or did you in fact seek God? But the question I really want answered is this: How do you explain the contradiction sir?
B52 can answer for himself, but this looks like low hanging fruit, don't you think?

In biblical salvation God seeks the sinner.Ezk34:11-12
11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

Jesus seeks and saves that which is lost.Lk.19:10
9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

This isnt about me, and I have explained myself numerous times. Nothing changes the cold hard facts that man by nature doesnt seek God, the True God that is. Rom 3:11

I dont see any contradictions.

B52 can answer for himself, but this looks like low hanging fruit, don't you think?

11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep,
and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

How do you understand Rom 10:20

20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.

How do you understand Rom 10:20

20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
The non covenant gentiles by and large did not seek after the true God.
The quote from Isa.65; is showing God's intention to shame national Israel provoking them to jealousy. Reading Deut 32 we find this;

21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
This is quoted by Paul in Romans 10:19...so the covenant curses that were pronounced upon national Israel Deut.[28-33]are coming upon the apostate nation as God forms the true Israel in Christ during the second and final Exodus.
The bringing the gentiles to the true light was planned and purposed by God when the Servant of the Lord was being announced Isa 49:1-8...the rest of isa .to chapter 66 is concerning the gentiles coming into the Kingdom in droves...Isa54/Gal4...lengthen the cords, strengthen the stakes...earthly Israel/ earthly Zion and Jerusalem being replaced by or fulfilled by the heavenly Zion and Jerusalem.
Romans 11, unbelieving Jews broken off the olive tree, elect gentiles, and elect remnant of Israel

The non covenant gentiles by and large did not seek after the true God.
The quote from Isa.65; is showing God's intention to shame national Israel provoking them to jealousy. Reading Deut 32 we find this;

21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
This is quoted by Paul in Romans 10:19...so the covenant curses that were pronounced upon national Israel Deut.[28-33]are coming upon the apostate nation as God forms the true Israel in Christ during the second and final Exodus.
The bringing the gentiles to the true light was planned and purposed by God when the Servant of the Lord was being announced Isa 49:1-8...the rest of isa .to chapter 66 is concerning the gentiles coming into the Kingdom in droves...Isa54/Gal4...lengthen the cords, strengthen the stakes...earthly Israel/ earthly Zion and Jerusalem being replaced by or fulfilled by the heavenly Zion and Jerusalem.
Romans 11, unbelieving Jews broken off the olive tree, elect gentiles, and elect remnant of Israel
I agree with this, thanks for the time you put into your response. Yet what i was getting at, is the fact God must reveal Himself to us before we seek Him, and He does. God was found by them [ because He made Himself manifest] thats by regeneration Rom 10:20

20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. See Isa 65:1

Because of mans depravity by nature, God must first do a work in us prior to us seeking Him

This also validates what Paul said a chapter earlier Rom 9:15-16

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep,
and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

Yes sir very true, and that is the assignment of us Christians correct? But once we are reached it is our responsibility to draw close to God so that He will draw close to us, then we will press on to maturity. Remember all Christians sign on for eternity sir.

I am sorry you disagree with the Scriptures I posted, and logically you do not think the Bible contradicts itself, so how do you harmonize those verses you posted vs mine Iconoclast ?

This isnt about me, and I have explained myself numerous times. Nothing changes the cold hard facts that man by nature doesnt seek God, the True God that is. Rom 3:11

I dont see any contradictions.
Since there is none that seek God in your eyes sir, then obviously you believe that verse was translated incorrectly, or should not be in the Bible at all. How do you justify it's presence in God's word?

Since there is none that seek God in your eyes sir, then obviously you believe that verse was translated incorrectly, or should not be in the Bible at all. How do you justify it's presence in God's word?
Its in Gods eyes that non seek Him naturally. Rom 3:10-11

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

This was taken from the Psalms 14:1-2

2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Yes sir very true, and that is the assignment of us Christians correct? But once we are reached it is our responsibility to draw close to God so that He will draw close to us, then we will press on to maturity. Remember all Christians sign on for eternity sir.

I am sorry you disagree with the Scriptures I posted, and logically you do not think the Bible contradicts itself, so how do you harmonize those verses you posted vs mine Iconoclast ?
James 4 is an exhortations to Christians not to be double minded, it is not an example of how we are saved.
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

The drawing nigh of vs.8 is drawing close in prayer.
I do not disagree with the scriptures. I do not think you are using them correctly.

3. Come Near to God and He will Come Near to You. Geoff Thomas sermon;

How do we overcome the world? This is the third counsel, “Come near to God.” “But God is everywhere,” someone says, “so how can I come near him?” If you keep him at a distance, steadily ignoring him day by day, he won’t be close to you as a familiar and loved one would be. There was a even a particular congregation, and the Lord Jesus was outside it, knocking for entrance. There is a hymn in which William Cowper sighs, “O for a closer walk with God.” He was conscious of a time when he had been nearer to God. Reckon on this, that you can come near to God. The Lord Christ says, “Where two or three are gathered together in my name there am I in the midst.” Go to the fellowship of his true people, and there you will find him. Listen to his word being preached, and there you will find him. Sit under the best ministry you can find. Go to his table and he is shown forth in the bread and wine. Enter a quiet room, close the door, kneel before him and pray in Jesus’ name, and you will find him. Whatever you do, do it for God’s glory and with all your might, and as you do it he will be with you – that is how you come near to God. Lift your heart up to him in faith, as you walk, or drive, or fly, or lie on a hospital bed in great weakness and breathe the word, “Jesus.” When temptations are strong and the pull of the world is powerful, come near to God.
You see a promise again attached to this command, “and he will come near to you.”

Its in Gods eyes that non seek Him naturally. Rom 3:10-11

This was taken from the Psalms 14:1-2

2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
We part ways then sir, I believe God has a people, and they know Him, if not then what is the point? 2 Thes 1:6-9

When I say men naturally i mean the unregenerate man, in the flesh, never born again ? Can this person seek after the True and Living God ? The answer is NO !

Scripture makes that clear, that man naturally doesnt seek after God Rom 3:9-12

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

The word seekth here is related to and joined with Faith here Heb 11:1,6

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now the word seek here and the one in Rom 3:11 are the same greek word ekzeteo which means:

I seek out, seek out after, require.

to seek the favor of God, worship him

And believing Faith seeks after the True God. But because of our depravity by nature, we dont seek after God, nor have the ability to !
John 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Back