Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does man naturally have ability to Seek God ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

brightfame52

Calvinism Overseer
Calvinism Overseer
When I say men naturally i mean the unregenerate man, in the flesh, never born again ? Can this person seek after the True and Living God ? The answer is NO !

Scripture makes that clear, that man naturally doesnt seek after God Rom 3:9-12

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

The word seekth here is related to and joined with Faith here Heb 11:1,6

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now the word seek here and the one in Rom 3:11 are the same greek word ekzeteo which means:

I seek out, seek out after, require.

to seek the favor of God, worship him

And believing Faith seeks after the True God. But because of our depravity by nature, we dont seek after God, nor have the ability to !

Do not be so quick to say no as all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. This means every single one of us. But, we see how many of us that were sinners came to seek the Lord and became Spiritually born again from above.

Those that are mentioned in Romans 3:9-12 never allowed themselves to hear God calling them to salvation just as many still continue in their sin today.

When I say men naturally i mean the unregenerate man, in the flesh, never born again ? Can this person seek after the True and Living God ? The answer is NO !

Scripture makes that clear, that man naturally doesnt seek after God Rom 3:9-12

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

The word seekth here is related to and joined with Faith here Heb 11:1,6

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now the word seek here and the one in Rom 3:11 are the same greek word ekzeteo which means:

I seek out, seek out after, require.

to seek the favor of God, worship him

And believing Faith seeks after the True God. But because of our depravity by nature, we dont seek after God, nor have the ability to !

As I stated in the last thread you started, do not start anymore threads that are nothing more than a disguise to introduce your Calvinistic beliefs.

JLB

Man by nature cannot and does not have the ability to choose the True and Living God. God must be revealed to him, Christs very words declare this Matt 11:27

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Its Christs mission to give some, not all a True Spiritual knowledge of God Jn 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

No man by nature can or does know, choose, desire, or want, seeks the True God Rom 3:10-12

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

See all men by nature are spiritually dead to the True God, yet he can be alive to false gods and religion. Man naturally can choose a god, an idol from his own imagination, but he cannot choose, seek after, desire the True God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

The word seek means :

1. to seek out, search for
  2. to seek out, i.e. investigate, scrutinise
  3. to seek out for one's self, beg, crave
  4. to demand back, require

Man doesnt do any of these things as it regards the True and Living God

And its no coincidence its the same word that characterizes True Faith in the True God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Man naturally is at enmity against the True God in his mind , so he doesnt seek Him or desire Him Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.1

Man by nature, spiritually dead, are lost and without hope Eph 2:12

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Now i understand Paul here in the context is referring to the Gentiles, however and nevertheless this describes all men by nature in spiritual death, even jews.

Notice Paul writes these people were had no hope of Salvation, and they were without God. Why is that ? Paul is speaking spiritually, for even gentiles as creatures have God as a Creator, but spiritually they are without God and without hope. This describes the lost state of man by nature. To say man can naturally seek the True God contradicts this fact !

Friends the natural man doesnt seek the True God Rom 3:11 however he may seek a god, the god of his fleshly understanding. Man naturally doesnt want or desire the True God, he doesnt want to innately since he is an enemy of God, and his mind is enmity against God, the True God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Man naturally in his entire being is hostile and antagonistic towards the True God. Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Before a person is saved[quickened], they are spiritually dead and that makes it impossible for faith to
emerge. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 and not of the flesh. 5

Do not be so quick to say no as all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. This means every single one of us. But, we see how many of us that were sinners came to seek the Lord and became Spiritually born again from above.
Yes, many sinners come to seek the Lord, that is a fact. But what you don't understand is that those people seek the Lord because the Lord quickens them in order to do so.

Eph 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
Eph 2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

We are saved by grace because we did not deserve it or ask for it. We were made alive while we were still dead.

That is why we have the story of Lazarus. When Jesus called to the dead Lazarus to "come forth' Jesus had to make him alive first in order to hear the words and respond.

Yes, many sinners come to seek the Lord, that is a fact. But what you don't understand is that those people seek the Lord because the Lord quickens them in order to do so.

Eph 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
Eph 2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

We are saved by grace because we did not deserve it or ask for it. We were made alive while we were still dead.

That is why we have the story of Lazarus. When Jesus called to the dead Lazarus to "come forth' Jesus had to make him alive first in order to hear the words and respond.
The word "quicken" means revive or make alive as restoring one as being Spiritually alive unto Christ. We only become alive in Christ through humbled repentance and being Spiritually born again from above as we believe and confess Christ as our Lord and Savior, other than that one would be Spiritually dead not having Christ within them.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

We were dead in our sins, but heard Jesus knocking at our door and it was up to us to open that door and let Him come in.

Thank God for His grace that by faith we can become alive again in Him.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
This verse is always taken completely out of context.

Rev 3:14 “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write . . 20 I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Jesus is standing at the door of the Church of Laodicea and knocking. He is not knocking on some unbelievers heart.

This verse is always taken completely out of context.

Rev 3:14 “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write . . 20 I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Jesus is standing at the door of the Church of Laodicea and knocking. He is not knocking on some unbelievers heart.
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Notice Jesus said He would spue them out of His mouth because they were only lukewarm (fence riders) because they said they were rich and had need of nothing as they were increased with worldly material goods. But they were
wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked because they did not have Jesus in their heart. This is like so many people in churches today who think they have it all, but yet do not realize they are dead to Christ as He keeps knocking, but even those in the church refuse to open the door and let Him come into their heart.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

then do tell how i got saved?. it wasn't being transformed fist i was transformed the moment i got saved
Im not here to discuss you friend. This thread Im discussing is man naturally does not and does not have the ability to seek the true God. Not trying to get personal friend

lol i love debating with Calvinist they are the only ones which knows it all the natural man becomes the generate man. the moment of salvation
A person has to be born again before they seek the True God, A New Creature before they even desire the True God.

Back