Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does the political system need to fail before people wake up?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Look MayGodHeal I get it. You've got a bee in your bonnet that won't stop buzzing. But your definition of tyranny is quite a bit off the mark of the real definition of the word. You're just an angry person over some future problem about cars that you likely won't even live to see. You can still buy and drive an ICE vehicle to your heart's content. I do mine.

God bless,
Ted
I thought I'd be dead before all this stuff happened.

But I'm still here.

Things are moving fast.
I don't even understand how parents could allow such horror to be perpetrated on their flesh and blood.

And I agree with MayGodHeal on everything.
Some of us just see more than others. It's normal, we're not all the same.

Hi MayGodHeal
Did you read the article in my EPA post? You're not going to get 50% sales of EVs in 2030 unless planning to restrict ICE. That's in 8 years and in 2035 some states are outright banning new ICE sales. That's tyranny! I posted the definition which fits quite well here.
No, that isn't tyranny. But hey, good try. It's certainly worth honorable mention. We restrict things that people do or what they can buy every day! I mean really, when's the last time you were able to walk into your local hardware store and buy dynamite? I'm restricted as how fast I can legally drive my car on most roads.

From Forbes.com: EVs (including hybrids) are expected to be 25 percent of global sales in 2029.

I'm in the hybrid group, but I also own a straight ICE Chrysler mini-van. No problems. No one is threatening to come and take away my vehicles. I can still buy fuel on nearly every street corner. I'm 67 and expect that I'll be able to live out my life with an ICE vehicle if I so choose. However, I'm rather looking forward to the day that I won't have to visit and fuel station unless I'm out of town. I'll have a 220/40 volt 60 amp charging station that will be portable, for moving if I sell my house, but allow me to leave the house each day with a full charge that'll carry me about 450-500 miles. So good for most day trips at home.

I mean, who wouldn't like to have more time with their family? Today, at least one or two days a week, for the working, you have to take time to pull into a business that refuels cars. With an EV and a home charger, you'll never need to spend that time unless you're out of town and need a recharge. Normally you just go home from the office. Plug in the charging cord. Go in and eat dinner with the family and play and rest and go to bed and wake up in the morning with a fully 'filled' tank.

I mean honestly, all this is is using electricity for a transportation fuel and making electricity as convenient as gasoline. Now, they still have some work on the 'convenience' issue, but I'm trusting that by 2035 they'll have most of those bugs worked out.

God bless,
Ted

the
Who made the video?
I did.that ma'am is my voice .it also was my paper route .many of those houses such as the white one that I mention as a Christmas light one were on my paper route .I tossed papers to that ,the Jackson house and the old colonial house once in a while .

The info I mention besides the park name sake Troy moody ,is from me asking the current owners or being asked to provide them info .the colonial house is that one .the blue house I researched on along with the white one as the owner mentioned zeno Howard owning both but said a.w. young lived there when his nephew George lived there . The grandson of a w. Young which I didn't video or mention as I would have to ask them permission and I didn't want to offend them if I didnt.this video was a spur of the moment

Hi wondering
And I agree with @MayGodHeal on everything.
Oh, I'm not operating under any delusions that MayGodHeal is expressing some unique position that no else agrees with. I'm alive and living and I know that, right now, there is a lot of talk and concern on this issue. But I'm also familiar with the history of man.

Here's a fun read: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/67806/early-trains-were-thought-make-womens-uteruses-fly-out:

So, I get it that there's a group of people who are hard fast against the new technology and I can't speak for Italy, but here in the states I believe our legislators have allowed that people can own ICE vehicles for the foreseeable future. They just won't be able to buy a new one starting in 2035. But I think that the current administration has been clear that we will always have need of oil derived fuels. We're still going to be producing gasoline likely into the mid 40's at least. By then, I expect all the little technological glitches will be worked out of the EV technology and everyone will be just as happy with their EV as those people in 1901 when Olds produced the first mass produced ICE vehicle.

That's just my take and I allow, as you say, some people see 'more' than I do.

God bless,
Ted

A w.young the first mayor of Vero beach and real estate agent of that time selling many lots for Indian river farms ,his grandson is a friend of mine and named for him .his dad was adopted by a.w.young and was orphan whose parents were killed a hurricane in okeechobee.the boy was found in rubble crying and rescued by a w. Young who fostered him until it was discovered he had no next of kin .

George young was a mayor of Vero in the fifties .zeno Howard is related to the large Howard pioneer family who live in Vero. Two Howards live in that park. You saw only one house the other I didn't video .it's a route reference now .that house has family who I went to school with .

Hoyt Howard senior served at nearby Vero Nas .he was given his house ,paid a dollar for it .it hasn't left his family .his son served in Korea .he was also a customer of mine .

Hi MayGodHeal

No, that isn't tyranny. But hey, good try. It's certainly worth honorable mention. We restrict things that people do or what they can buy every day! I mean really, when's the last time you were able to walk into your local hardware store and buy dynamite? I'm restricted as how fast I can legally drive my car on most roads.

From Forbes.com: EVs (including hybrids) are expected to be 25 percent of global sales in 2029.

I'm in the hybrid group, but I also own a straight ICE Chrysler mini-van. No problems. No one is threatening to come and take away my vehicles. I can still buy fuel on nearly every street corner. I'm 67 and expect that I'll be able to live out my life with an ICE vehicle if I so choose. However, I'm rather looking forward to the day that I won't have to visit and fuel station unless I'm out of town. I'll have a 220/40 volt 60 amp charging station that will be portable, for moving if I sell my house, but allow me to leave the house each day with a full charge that'll carry me about 450-500 miles. So good for most day trips at home.

I mean, who wouldn't like to have more time with their family? Today, at least one or two days a week, for the working, you have to take time to pull into a business that refuels cars. With an EV and a home charger, you'll never need to spend that time unless you're out of town and need a recharge. Normally you just go home from the office. Plug in the charging cord. Go in and eat dinner with the family and play and rest and go to bed and wake up in the morning with a fully 'filled' tank.

I mean honestly, all this is is using electricity for a transportation fuel and making electricity as convenient as gasoline. Now, they still have some work on the 'convenience' issue, but I'm trusting that by 2035 they'll have most of those bugs worked out.

God bless,
Ted

Wrong! How does something like dynamite that blows things up compared to restricting vehicles people use on the regular basis so they can make a living? New or used ICE it doesn't matter if people need them to make a living it's called a restriction.

You keep moving goal posts around this. You're not getting rid of most of the bugs by 2035. They got too many problems to solve in a decade. Most notably people are going to be sick of EVs that these mandates will only hurt the American people.

Even Europe backed off on the ICE ban. Why do you hate ICE so much you want them banned?

I thought I'd be dead before all this stuff happened.

But I'm still here.

Things are moving fast.
I don't even understand how parents could allow such horror to be perpetrated on their flesh and blood.

And I agree with MayGodHeal on everything.
Some of us just see more than others. It's normal, we're not all the same.

We had ICE for over a century. Nobody talked about how we need to get rid of ICE. It was around 2014 when politicians tried to push this and wondering why people were not buying them.

They're ignoring the elephant in the room that not everyone is interested interested in EVs. So when Tesla came around in 2012 all of a sudden in 2015 or later they decided to end ICE by 2035. Not to mention they "claim" we will be able to use our used ICE but if they're banning new what's to stop them from banning oil/fuel? Nothing. People let them do this they're going to do more. They thought this can be accomplished in 20 years. Instead of letting the market decide, if EVs were good enough you don't need bans.

But this is the same administration that is banning indacendence bulbs against the 1% somehow buying them. And these people pushing to end ICE cant see how much of a huge problem it will be by forcing this too quickly. They don't have the amount of people who want them to make this realistically possible.

But that's not tyranny....

What a dystopian nightmare here.

the
I did.that ma'am is my voice .it also was my paper route .many of those houses such as the white one that I mention as a Christmas light one were on my paper route .I tossed papers to that ,the Jackson house and the old colonial house once in a while .

The info I mention besides the park name sake Troy moody ,is from me asking the current owners or being asked to provide them info .the colonial house is that one .the blue house I researched on along with the white one as the owner mentioned zeno Howard owning both but said a.w. young lived there when his nephew George lived there . The grandson of a w. Young which I didn't video or mention as I would have to ask them permission and I didn't want to offend them if I didnt.this video was a spur of the moment
Nice job Jason.

Why are you so interested in this stuff?
Is it the history?
I know you like to photograph historical buildings too.

Hi wondering

Oh, I'm not operating under any delusions that MayGodHeal is expressing some unique position that no else agrees with. I'm alive and living and I know that, right now, there is a lot of talk and concern on this issue. But I'm also familiar with the history of man.

Here's a fun read: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/67806/early-trains-were-thought-make-womens-uteruses-fly-out:

So, I get it that there's a group of people who are hard fast against the new technology and I can't speak for Italy, but here in the states I believe our legislators have allowed that people can own ICE vehicles for the foreseeable future. They just won't be able to buy a new one starting in 2035. But I think that the current administration has been clear that we will always have need of oil derived fuels. We're still going to be producing gasoline likely into the mid 40's at least. By then, I expect all the little technological glitches will be worked out of the EV technology and everyone will be just as happy with their EV as those people in 1901 when Olds produced the first mass produced ICE vehicle.

That's just my take and I allow, as you say, some people see 'more' than I do.

God bless,
Ted
LOL
Your answer just proves that what I stated was right.
MayGodHeal and I are referring to A LOT MORE than just technological advances.
I had a discussion with you some time ago about the moral situation in the US (and other countries) and you did seem to downplay it.

I repeat this and not to be mean, it's really true. My own son-in-law does not see everything that is happening in the world. Some persons PERCIEVE more,,,I don't know why. It has nothing to do with intelligence, or the lack thereof.

Maybe I read too many books when growing up.
Maybe they had a profound effect on me.
Who knows.

But it goes beyond technology.
Although it's necessary for the changes to come about....

We had ICE for over a century. Nobody talked about how we need to get rid of ICE. It was around 2014 when politicians tried to push this and wondering why people were not buying them.

They're ignoring the elephant in the room that not everyone is interested interested in EVs. So when Tesla came around in 2012 all of a sudden in 2015 or later they decided to end ICE by 2035. Not to mention they "claim" we will be able to use our used ICE but if they're banning new what's to stop them from banning oil/fuel? Nothing. People let them do this they're going to do more. They thought this can be accomplished in 20 years. Instead of letting the market decide, if EVs were good enough you don't need bans.

But this is the same administration that is banning indacendence bulbs against the 1% somehow buying them. And these people pushing to end ICE cant see how much of a huge problem it will be by forcing this too quickly. They don't have the amount of people who want them to make this realistically possible.

But that's not tyranny....

What a dystopian nightmare here.
I don't like EVs either.
Maybe because they're too new?
I don't know.
One of my friends bought a 120 thou Tesla, but I think because it's a status symbol. Not sure.
Not like they need a symbol.

It's also all those other things you mentioned that bother me.
The fact that we're being forced to swallow everything SOMEBODY wants, and I don't even know WHO IT IS.

And gas stoves.
I mean, where will it all end?

And forcing us to get shots.
It's too much.

Nice job Jason.

Why are you so interested in this stuff?
Is it the history?
I know you like to photograph historical buildings too.
I started though intermittent video making on local history .

When I get bithered by life .this is an escape .I used that knowledge on the post office history for a church talent show .I posted photos of mine that I took and historical news articles on it .

LOL
Your answer just proves that what I stated was right.
MayGodHeal and I are referring to A LOT MORE than just technological advances.
I had a discussion with you some time ago about the moral situation in the US (and other countries) and you did seem to downplay it.

I repeat this and not to be mean, it's really true. My own son-in-law does not see everything that is happening in the world. Some persons PERCIEVE more,,,I don't know why. It has nothing to do with intelligence, or the lack thereof.

Maybe I read too many books when growing up.
Maybe they had a profound effect on me.
Who knows.

But it goes beyond technology.
Although it's necessary for the changes to come about....
No! I do see it!!! I'm the one that's preaching that we are entering the days that Paul prophesied as to the state of mankind in his letter to the Romans. I do see it!!! But you're not going to cancel the prophecies of the Scriptures by preaching to people to live a right, law abiding life. No, you're going to help fulfill God's plan of bringing in the final number of the saints by proclaiming His truth!!!!

But yes, we have to live this life here on the earth with the billions and billions who are lost and when I'm asked about moral values, I'm fully aware and affirm that mine don't line up with most other people's. Then I remember that I live in the United States and that the rule of law here is that the majority rules.

So, I see what's coming but I know that I live among a lost people and a lost generation whose only hope is Christ, the Messiah. And I really don't care what kind of technology man conceives to provide us transportation, as it is pretty much needed in living in this word. But please don't think that because I don't care whether we adopt an electric grid transportation fueling system or gasoline/diesel powered, that I'm just not 'seeing' what's going on.

God bless,
Ted

God bless,
Ted

I started though intermittent video making on local history .

When I get bithered by life .this is an escape .I used that knowledge on the post office history for a church talent show .I posted photos of mine that I took and historical news articles on it .
It's a good escape.
It gets you very involved....
:thumbsup

No! I do see it!!! I'm the one that's preaching that we are entering the days that Paul prophesied as to the state of mankind in his letter to the Romans. I do see it!!! But you're not going to cancel the prophecies of the Scriptures by preaching to people to live a right, law abiding life. No, you're going to help fulfill God's plan of bringing in the final number of the saints by proclaiming His truth!!!!

But yes, we have to live this life here on the earth with the billions and billions who are lost and when I'm asked about moral values, I'm fully aware and affirm that mine don't line up with most other people's. Then I remember that I live in the United States and that the rule of law here is that the majority rules.

So, I see what's coming but I know that I live among a lost people and a lost generation whose only hope is Christ, the Messiah. And I really don't care what kind of technology man conceives to provide us transportation, as it is pretty much needed in living in this word. But please don't think that because I don't care whether we adopt an electric grid transportation fueling system or gasoline/diesel powered, that I'm just not 'seeing' what's going on.

God bless,
Ted

God bless,
Ted
OK Ted.
I apologize.
It just seemed that you were addressing the technology part of all this.
The moral standards, or lack thereof, is what is really bothering me.
Don't get me started or I'll really rant!!
Like I said, I don't understand how we got here so fast.
It started about 50 years ago - I remember.
But it seems to have snowballed...it's going quicker and quicker.
I was reading about Kansas this morning.
50 years ago kids were upset because they didn't have a bike.
or a portable radio.
Now they're upset because a girl wants to be a boy?
something demonic is at work here.
People are moving OUT of California?
It's madness.
We're looking for solace...but where is it?

I don't like EVs either.
Maybe because they're too new?
I don't know.
One of my friends bought a 120 thou Tesla, but I think because it's a status symbol. Not sure.
Not like they need a symbol.

It's also all those other things you mentioned that bother me.
The fact that we're being forced to swallow everything SOMEBODY wants, and I don't even know WHO IT IS.

And gas stoves.
I mean, where will it all end?

And forcing us to get shots.
It's too much.

I don't really hate or not like EVs. I don't want one and secondly if it's not time, then it shouldn't be forced. If people are not going buy them without the government telling them to then there is a problem with them.

It's like telling horse breeders that they can't breed horses for travel or farming 20 years after the model T was produced. No, despite my grandfather having ICE tractors he still used horses on the farm all the way to the 1980s.

But this generation of politicians just want to force it despite people not wanting them. Even though ICE was generally praised and eventually replaced EVs it was greatly a generational thing. My uncle runs the farm now and he bought a bunch of new equipment. My grandfather liked GM but my uncle went to Fords. My grandfather bought only what he thought was necessary which is basically barebone and kept the old 40s tractors going, didn't need to replace them despite the newer equipment had air conditioning.

Basically though, these politicians don't care whether EVs are problem free or perfectly manageable they just are planning to force the end of ICE. And realistically those problems are not going to be solved in a decade. They'll end up rushing it then end ICE, well if EVs have other undisclosed problems, well too late then. Can't go back. The next 10-15 years should be to properly test them to ensure they're not going have problems then allow people to choose to get potentially another 5-10 years and leave the people who still want ICE alone. That should be the correct way of handling it.

People shouldn't be forced to be guinea pigs to this EV experiment, which it still very much is and already people have regretted buying them.

Back