Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Elenin: Does it 'Fulfill' Biblical Prophecy on 9-29-11?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ivanm

Before It's News

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
Rev:12v1-4

The number 29 in the Bible stands for departure: July 25, 2011
Before It's News

And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
Rev:12v5.

!!! ALERT !!! ELENIN - Red Dragon from Apocalypse !
!!! ALERT !!! ELENIN - Red Dragon from Apocalypse ! - YouTube

Why is the date 29/9/2011 so important?
Is it because we are one day away from the jewish year for 2012/5772.
According to their calendar.

Hmmm...I got one answer:

Matthew 24:36: No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

I've heard so many different dates with even so many different reasons about the Earth coming to its end. Most of the time, historical "predictions" are only mentioned partly. Like in the case where the earth is going to vanish in 2012, because the Mayan calendar happens to stop in that year. Conveniently, usually "believers" forget to mention that the Mayans believed that just before the Earth would be destroyed, the whole of humanity would be eaten by giant jaguars :lol

I truly believe we are living in the end of times. All signs point to that and are consistent with how the Bible describes the end of times. I believe though that in these times we should spend our time proclaiming the everlasting Gospel and trying to get the word out to those who haven't had a personal encounter with Jesus yet, rather than spending a lot of time trying to calculate at which exact date Jesus will return.

Before It's News

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
Rev:12v1-4

The number 29 in the Bible stands for departure: July 25, 2011
Before It's News

And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

!!! ALERT !!! ELENIN - Red Dragon from Apocalypse !
!!! ALERT !!! ELENIN - Red Dragon from Apocalypse ! - YouTube

Why is the date 29/9/2011 so important?
Is it because we are one day away from the jewish year for 2012/5772.
According to their calendar.

Keeping this post for a later date

Hi All,
With this post i never said the world would end.
Only that it might be the start of things.
Look at the financial situation in the world!
The Riots breaking out on the planet(i'm from London)
The ME.
I hope you found the video's interesting i did!

I have been fascinated about Comet Elenin and the future it holds. I researched it and watched many youtube videos that claim that Elenin caused the earthquakes of Chile, Haiti, Japan and New Zealand. Whenever the comet aligns itself with other planets and the earth, it triggers an earthquake. All of these earthquakes have haapened when Elenin was in an alignment with Earth. Now, keep in mind that this comet is getting closer to earth. The next alignment is somewhere around September 29, 2011, so if this comet really does create earthquakes then it will be more powerful since it will be very close to earth. It's not supposed to hit earth, but we are supposed to orbit into the tail of this comet which may cause meteorites to slam the earth. This may explain all of the extreme weather and mass animal die offs that we have seen recently. It is a very alarming situation and the media is not really saying anything about it. I encourage everybody to watch youtube videos about this comet. I really like pastor Paul Begley from Indiana. He has great videos discussing Elenin and how it relates to Bible prophecy.

Revelation 8:10-13
10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11 the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

12 The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

13 As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!â€

Whenever the comet aligns itself with other planets and the earth, it triggers an earthquake. All of these earthquakes have haapened when Elenin was in an alignment with Earth.
How do you define an "alignment" as you use it here?

I just looked at the Orrery on heavens above, there is no alignment on 9-29-11, with or without the comet.

These kind of myths travel far and wide on the internet - but what really gets me is that the SAME internet provides resources that show the inaccuracy of such "predictions", yet no one uses them. Go save one of the online Orrerys to your favorites folder and when you read such sillyness, plugs the date in and see for yourself: no alignment.

Hmmm...I got one answer:

Matthew 24:36: No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

I've heard so many different dates with even so many different reasons about the Earth coming to its end. Most of the time, historical "predictions" are only mentioned partly. Like in the case where the earth is going to vanish in 2012, because the Mayan calendar happens to stop in that year. Conveniently, usually "believers" forget to mention that the Mayans believed that just before the Earth would be destroyed, the whole of humanity would be eaten by giant jaguars

Well, science and mathematics aside, there IS that... :thumbsup

Possible Rapture Date?

The feast of Saint Gabriel was included for the first time in the General Roman Calendar in 1921, for celebration on March 24. In 1969 it was transferred to 29 September for celebration together with St. Michael and St. Raphael.[15] The Church of England has also adopted the 29 September date, known as Michaelmas.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 cor 15v51-52.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1 Thessalonians 4:16

And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.(Rapture?)

Gabriel's Horn

.In English-speaking culture, the image of Gabriel as the angel that shall blow the trumpet blast that initiates the end of time
Gabriel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi All,
With this post i never said the world would end.
Only that it might be the start of things.
Look at the financial situation in the world!
The Riots breaking out on the planet(i'm from London)
The ME.
I hope you found the video's interesting i did!
Now, look at your post and think about it... would it not make more logical sense to assume taht "Elenin" is the CONTINUATION of things? I mean, the riots, financial situation, etc. came first. How can Elenin be the START of things?

Hi Pizzaguy,
What i mean to say is that it is a ''start of things'' on a level of prophecy.
Lets wait and see?

Teaching on the Bible and Comet Elenin/Ready or not we are in September!

Before It's News

ip.gif

I've given up on paying attention to these end of the world prophecies. I've found that when you up to your face in advanced high school class homework and tests that you have less and less time to worry about things such as this.

We've got a safety procedure for that kind of thing around around here.

In the case of a comet striking the earth:

Stop drop and roll!

If that doesn't work, nothing will ;)

Hmmm...I got one answer:

I've heard so many different dates with even so many different reasons about the Earth coming to its end. Most of the time, historical "predictions" are only mentioned partly. Like in the case where the earth is going to vanish in 2012, because the Mayan calendar happens to stop in that year. Conveniently, usually "believers" forget to mention that the Mayans believed that just before the Earth would be destroyed, the whole of humanity would be eaten by giant jaguars :lol

I truly believe we are living in the end of times. All signs point to that and are consistent with how the Bible describes the end of times. I believe though that in these times we should spend our time proclaiming the everlasting Gospel and trying to get the word out to those who haven't had a personal encounter with Jesus yet, rather than spending a lot of time trying to calculate at which exact date Jesus will return.

I've got to agree with this post. Although I've never herd of this "Elenin" before.

I've given up on paying attention to these end of the world prophecies. I've found that when you up to your face in advanced high school class homework and tests that you have less and less time to worry about things such as this.

Good for you! It's not real anyway. I believe in using my mind & any talent I may have for more positive, peaceful & fruitful endeavors. Life is too short anyway! :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back