Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Environmental Rights (and Wrongs).

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What are arguments in favor of giving the environment rights?
Self-preservation really. The rights we extend to the environment are really rights for us all, to maintain the world in a productive state, for us, our children, and their children to enjoy. We know climate change is a reality now (5 of the last 7 years have been the hottest ever). Extreme weather events are becoming more common and more extreme with every year that passes. More and more land is being lost to agriculture, due to lack of water, and sea level rise as the polar ice caps melt. Over the next 10-15 years we can expect to see the number of climate refugees becoming more and more of a burden. And we are losing biodiversity at a worrying rate, and with each species that goes extinct, we lose the billions of years of evolutionary information encoded in its DNA.

But there is hope. The recent international COP talks show that at last the politicians have begun to take notice. We need now to hold their feet to the fire, and prevent them getting sidetracked by vested interests.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Self-preservation really. The rights we extend to the environment are really rights for us all, to maintain the world in a productive state, for us, our children, and their children to enjoy. We know climate change is a reality now (5 of the last 7 years have been the hottest ever). Extreme weather events are becoming more common and more extreme with every year that passes. More and more land is being lost to agriculture, due to lack of water, and sea level rise as the polar ice caps melt. Over the next 10-15 years we can expect to see the number of climate refugees becoming more and more of a burden. And we are losing biodiversity at a worrying rate, and with each species that goes extinct, we lose the billions of years of evolutionary information encoded in its DNA.

But there is hope. The recent international COP talks show that at last the politicians have begun to take notice. We need now to hold their feet to the fire, and prevent them getting sidetracked by vested interests.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Ah, I was wondering what a policy maker was arguing. I definately agree that we need to set limits on our impact to the environment. My main concern is how the policy reads and how it can be interpreted.

We, like every other creature on this earth, exist and therefore we impact our environment. There is only one way for us to not impact the environment and that is to not exist.

Agreed. But we can, and I believe should, minimise our negative impact(s) and maximise our positive. We can, if we so choose, leave the world in a better state than we found it.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:
Agreed. But we can, and I believe should, minimise our negative impact(s) and maximise our positive. We can, if we so choose, leave the world in a better state than we found it.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Nature is actually quite deadly .

The beaches of Florida ,had gators ,sharks,bears and snakes .

Large deer ,black bears aren't small.

You local park wouldn't be enjoyable with those running around .

I hate the lost beauty but the old accounts of what was before ,the government simply ruined . Unless one suggests allowing the Florida scrub to take over the state .it will be some local beauracrat idea based upon what time snowbird thinks what Florida paradise is.

Old accounts said Florida was hotter then hell,that during the summer mosquitoes so thick you couldn't see the day .malaria and yellow fever were common .ddt ended that .that insect was the carrier

Best wishes, 2RM.
We never found it. It was given to us in perfection as God said, "It was good." But, we chose the path that it has taken.

Back