Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Erroneous additons to the Word of God !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
One of the erroneous additons to the Word of God is Matthew 27 and verses 52 & 53

Jesus said that there would be no other sign but the sign of Jonas (Jonah). -> Matthew 12:39 & 40

There are two resurrections in the Word of God. And the "fact" is , neither has happened as of yet, let alone any kind of resurrection back then "just" after the death of Jesus ! They did not preceed the resurrection of Jesus, I will guarntee you that ! Especially since Jesus is the first fruits from the dead.

Many people must learn this fact, that many things were taken out of the Word of God , as well as were there many things added to the Word of God !

Beware of this Fact !

Love IN Christ - MM

Oh, don't worry. I'll beware all right.

M't:7:15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mysteryman said:
One of the erroneous additons to the Word of God is Matthew 27 and verses 52 & 53

Jesus said that there would be no other sign but the sign of Jonas (Jonah). -> Matthew 12:39 & 40

There are two resurrections in the Word of God. And the "fact" is , neither has happened as of yet, let alone any kind of resurrection back then "just" after the death of Jesus ! They did not preceed the resurrection of Jesus, I will guarntee you that ! Especially since Jesus is the first fruits from the dead.

Many people must learn this fact, that many things were taken out of the Word of God , as well as were there many things added to the Word of God !

Beware of this Fact !

Love IN Christ - MM
There is a differnce between being resurrected and brought back to your flesh nature of incorruption- in other words your corrupted earthly nature raising from the dead to live a few more years- and the resurrection of the dead when we put on incorruption.

Many have been raised from the death back into their corrupted bodies.- No one except Jesus has yet to be raised from the death putting on incorruption.

GodspromisesRyes said:
Mysteryman said:

Beware of this Fact !

Love IN Christ - MM
There is a differnce between being resurrected and brought back to your flesh nature of incorruption- in other words your corrupted earthly nature raising from the dead to live a few more years- and the resurrection of the dead when we put on incorruption.

Many have been raised from the death back into their corrupted bodies.- No one except Jesus has yet to be raised from the death putting on incorruption.

Ahhh, what you say is true. But you must be careful within your assumptions ! Where does it say that they were raised from the dead ? Where does it say that God or anyone raised them from the dead ? Where does it say that a dead body was thrown on the bone of Elisha and came back to life ? And why does only one gospel give an account of this ? And why is it not mentioned anywhere else within scripture that these came back from the dead ? And I can go on with more questions for you to think about . Like , where are the witnesses ? And does it not say that this occured after his resurrection ? And why would it be mentioned here, right at his death, and before his resurrection ?

IN Christ - MM

GodspromisesRyes said:
Mysteryman said:

Beware of this Fact !

Love IN Christ - MM

Exactly....are we to assume that Lazareth being raised is an "erroneous addition" as well? I think not.

Mysteryman said:
GodspromisesRyes said:
Mysteryman said:

Beware of this Fact !

Love IN Christ - MM

Ahhh, what you say is true. But you must be careful within your assumptions ! Where does it say that they were raised from the dead ? Where does it say that God or anyone raised them from the dead ? Where does it say that a dead body was thrown on the bone of Elisha and came back to life ? And why does only one gospel give an account of this ? And why is it not mentioned anywhere else within scripture that these came back from the dead ? And I can go on with more questions for you to think about . Like , where are the witnesses ?

IN Christ - MM

That's why we have the Word of God....it is our witness.
We either believe it or we stand on the sinking sand of our own understanding.

Mysteryman said:
There were witnesses of Lazarus being raised from the dead. This is not what is in question here !

IN Christ - MM

You're right....what's in question is the Word of God.

They appeared unto many......that equals many witnesses.

Matt. 27:52-53 said:
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

glorydaz said:
Mysteryman said:
There were witnesses of Lazarus being raised from the dead. This is not what is in question here !

IN Christ - MM

No, what is in question is either our translations, or the texts from which our translations come from. Those are most definitely in question.

Are you telling me that you never have questioned your translation ? Or the texts from which our translations come from ?

Something to think about !

IN Christ - MM

Mysteryman said:
glorydaz said:
Mysteryman said:

IN Christ - MM

No, what is in question is either our translations, or the texts from which our translations come from. Those are most definitely in question.

Are you telling me that you never have questioned your translation ? Or the texts from which our translations come from ?

Something to think about !

I don't question the Holy Spirit who enlightens our understanding.
I don't question when I have a doubt I can find the answer in another translation or by going back to the Hebrew and Greek. I don't question the witness of fellow believers who have been shone by the Holy Spirit an answer that I seek. I trust the Holy Spirit to give me assurance of the truth of the Word of God. The answers to all my questions are found in the Word....line upon line and precept upon precept.

What I don't believe is that man has been able to sneak in some false statement. The truth can be revealed as we seek the Lord. But to toss something out because it doesn't fit with my understanding at the time....No. I look further and it's cleared up.

Quote glorydaz : "What I don't believe is that man has been able to sneak in some false statement."

Well, that would mean that you are niave then. Way too many people believe as you do. The Word tells us that the adversary of God will try by any means to deceive. You believe in paper and ink that you can read with your eyes.

Yet, the Word tells us that the truth, the epistle of Christ is not written with ink - II Corinth. 3:3, it is written in our hearts.

I believe that the Holy Spirit will reveal even this unto you.

Now, I am not saying that you need to believe as I do. I am just saying that it can be revealed unto you. The possibility exists.

Love IN Christ - MM

Mysteryman said:
Ahhh, what you say is true. But you must be careful within your assumptions ! Where does it say that they were raised from the dead ? Where does it say that God or anyone raised them from the dead ? Where does it say that a dead body was thrown on the bone of Elisha and came back to life ? And why does only one gospel give an account of this ? And why is it not mentioned anywhere else within scripture that these came back from the dead ? And I can go on with more questions for you to think about . Like , where are the witnesses ? And does it not say that this occured after his resurrection ? And why would it be mentioned here, right at his death, and before his resurrection ?

IN Christ - MM

MN....I am curious....what is your real objective in this line of questioning. It is obvious that there have been other instances in scripture where dead people have come back to life...before the resurrection of Christ. But those with understanding also understand that Christ as "first fruits" is pointing to when Christ received His new heavenly body...an event that all beleivers are looking forward to. Those other people who were raised were never said to have been raised to their heavenly bodies...only Christ. So, this does not contradict what the scriptures state nor is it out of order with the idea of Christ being the 1st to receive his new "spiritual body."

So again I must ask why you are challenging the validity of the scriptures, the witnessess or even the story of Elisha that talks about a dead body coming to life after touching his bones? Why do you question who is raising these people from the dead? Does it have to say God raised them for you to beleive, when we are supposed to know that only the author of life has the power to raise people from the dead? What is it that you really want us to understand? :confused

Questions from D4Christ : "So again I must ask why you are challenging the validity of the scriptures, the witnessess or even the story of Elisha that talks about a dead body coming to life after touching his bones? Why do you question who is raising these people from the dead? Does it have to say God raised them for you to beleive, when we are supposed to know that only the author of life has the power to raise people from the dead? What is it that you really want us to understand?"

Hi

I'm glad you asked.

The scriptures are true. Our translations are not true -- to their word. Too many people assume something because they can read it on paper made with ink. Is this what God asks of us ?

Does not the Word tell us that those with the Spirit of truth will teach you all truth. Which means two things. You or anyone who has the Spirit of truth does not need a teacher - I John 2:27.

When I bring something for people to think about. I either hear, that they are walking with the Holy Spirit, or that God will not allow anything of error into our bibles. But this kind of thinking is not true. I am not against anyone who walks with the Holy Spirit. But just someone saying that they walk with the Holy Spirit does not make it true.

God's Word tells us that he "establishes" his Word. That means that there needs to be more than one reference to any given event or comment made within the Word of God.

All those who have Christ in them, should be walking in the Spirit. It does not mean that they are, but they should.

I have no problem with Elisha and the dead body coming back to life. I have no problem with Lazarus being raised from the dead. However, I have a big problem with this record in Matt. 27:52 & 53 for many reasons. One would be its placement. It is placed "at the death" of our Lord. Not at this resurrection. Plus, there is never any reference to all these dead bodies being raised from the dead after Jesus Christ resurrection from the dead. Peter and the other apostles were in hiding and they ran to the cave/grave of our Lord, after they were told by a woman, that Jesus sent unto them. Would it not stand to reason, that during the 40 days after our Lord's resurrection, that something would be mentioned of those being raised from the dead ? Yet, there is no mention of this anywhere.

With the prophet Elisha, God doubled the Spirit of God upon him. Even when he was dead, and only his bones remained, the Spirit of God was upon the bones of Elisha. Others were raised from the dead and there is always a purpose given. So why is none given here ? God never wants us to believe anything by blind faith. Even Jesus said that the sign of his resurrection would be as the prophet Jonah. Even here Jesus said that there would be a sign, and that sign was Jonah. This is not blind faith ! This is faith given with a purpose, and with a sign.

Jesus met with his disciples after his resurrection, and even Thomas didn't believe until he touched him. But Jesus did allow him to touch him. Greater are those whom have not seen, yet believe. So what is our witness ? Ink on paper ? No, not at all ! We need Christ in us, which is the Spirit of truth, and the Spirit of truth confirms the truth of his resurrection. < This is our witness. not ink on a piece of paper.

My question was, "where are the witnesses " ? When these graves opened up, where were the witnesses ? The answer is -> There were none ! No witness, then it is not true !

Thanks for asking the questions !

Take care - IN Christ - MM

Okay , to further this discussion I would also like to add this question.

Where does it say in the OT Prophets, that after his resurrection that the graves would open right after his resurrection ?

Love IN Christ - MM

And here is another question(s)

Not only who were the witnesses, but "what" was the witness to represent ?

Another question: Why many who were dead, and not all ?

Another question: God is no respector of persons, right ? Why these paticular ones who were dead, why are they now alive from the dead ?

IN Christ - MM

Mysteryman said:

Another question: God is no respector of persons, right ? Why these paticular ones who were dead, why are they now alive from the dead ?

IN Christ - MM
Now some of these questions make no sence. you could also say why was lazerus raised from the dead but not all men after all God is no respector of persons.- that isnt even what that term " respector of persons" means but that is beside the point.

why many because they were saints and it was many that God chose. Life and death are in His hands. He can raise and lower whoever He desires.

Just because we have questions on the word of God does not mean that the word of God is not true.

GodspromisesRyes said:
Mysteryman said:

IN Christ - MM
Now some of these questions make no sence. you could also say why was lazerus raised from the dead but not all men after all God is no respector of persons.- that isnt even what that term " respector of persons" means but that is beside the point.

why many because they were saints and it was many that God chose. Life and death are in His hands. He can raise and lower whoever He desires.

Just because we have questions on the word of God does not mean that the word of God is not true.

The question is -- Is it the Word of God, or some addition by men ?

And where is the prophecy by the OT Prophets that this would happen ? Where in the OT does it give witness to this event ? Can anyone show me and everyone else where this is in the Prophets ?

IN Christ - MM

Mysteryman said:
Quote glorydaz : "What I don't believe is that man has been able to sneak in some false statement."

Well, that would mean that you are niave then. Way too many people believe as you do. The Word tells us that the adversary of God will try by any means to deceive. You believe in paper and ink that you can read with your eyes.

Yet, the Word tells us that the truth, the epistle of Christ is not written with ink - II Corinth. 3:3, it is written in our hearts.

I believe that the Holy Spirit will reveal even this unto you.

Now, I am not saying that you need to believe as I do. I am just saying that it can be revealed unto you. The possibility exists.

Love IN Christ - MM

So I'm "niave" because I believe in the inerrancy of the Bible?

Count me among the countless believers down through the ages, then, who believe as I do.
I call it faith in the power of God. :amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back