Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Eternal life. It dawned on me that all of mankind is destined for eternal life. Our bodies will die but our souls live on.....eternally

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The question is where will it reside? In heaven or in hell? An eternity of peace in heaven or an eternity of torment in hell? When we get down to basics it is really that simple. A choice between peace or torment. If there is no God to answer to, then we are destined to die .....totally, nothing remains......no peace no torment. However, if per chance, there is a God who created our universe, then it is totally feasible that we will be held accountable for all of our misdeeds. It requires Faith to believe in a creator who created the universe and us, as part of that. It requires the same act of Faith to believe that all of our universe was the result of the BIG BANG. If both options are fanciful where do we go from there? From dust to dust, from ashes to ashes and nothing more? Then in the millions of years that the universe has existed, my short tenure is really meaningless, as were the lives that came before me and those that come after. Then all of our lives are meaningless. They serve no purpose. I choose to believe that God exists. That my life has purpose. That God created a perfect universe, with man created to inhabit that universe and enjoy perfect peace. That man failed to uphold God`s requirements of man, and the penalty was the absence of peace. A merciful creator gave all of mankind an opportunity to atone by descending to earth in the form of Jesus, to live amongst his people and instruct them on how to regain that lost peace. The opportunity required a sacrifice......the ultimate sacrifice.....DEATH. God, through his Son Jesus, died on the cross of Calvary to atone for all of the sins of mankind. He arose from his state of death and returned to his Kingdom. He left a part of Himself behind in the form of the HOLY SPIRIT to strengthen us on life`s journey. We are all destined to die as He died, and are all destined to rise from death to face eternal life or eternal torment. Those that have confessed their sins and sincerely asked for forgiveness are redeemed by the sacrifice by Jesus on the cross, and through His mercy will live eternally in perfect peace. The unredeemed will live in eternal torment. WHICH CAMP ARE YOU IN?
Thus the confusion from the lie the devil gave in the Garden, that man would not die, leading to this deception that man is immortal. But God's Word says different...

What's so amazing about this is the answer is neither. The soul won't spend eternity in Heaven nor Hell.

It's amazing how we got so far off base.

The question is where will it reside? In heaven or in hell? An eternity of peace in heaven or an eternity of torment in hell? When we get down to basics it is really that simple. A choice between peace or torment. If there is no God to answer to, then we are destined to die .....totally, nothing remains......no peace no torment. However, if per chance, there is a God who created our universe, then it is totally feasible that we will be held accountable for all of our misdeeds. It requires Faith to believe in a creator who created the universe and us, as part of that. It requires the same act of Faith to believe that all of our universe was the result of the BIG BANG. If both options are fanciful where do we go from there? From dust to dust, from ashes to ashes and nothing more? Then in the millions of years that the universe has existed, my short tenure is really meaningless, as were the lives that came before me and those that come after. Then all of our lives are meaningless. They serve no purpose. I choose to believe that God exists. That my life has purpose. That God created a perfect universe, with man created to inhabit that universe and enjoy perfect peace. That man failed to uphold God`s requirements of man, and the penalty was the absence of peace. A merciful creator gave all of mankind an opportunity to atone by descending to earth in the form of Jesus, to live amongst his people and instruct them on how to regain that lost peace. The opportunity required a sacrifice......the ultimate sacrifice.....DEATH. God, through his Son Jesus, died on the cross of Calvary to atone for all of the sins of mankind. He arose from his state of death and returned to his Kingdom. He left a part of Himself behind in the form of the HOLY SPIRIT to strengthen us on life`s journey. We are all destined to die as He died, and are all destined to rise from death to face eternal life or eternal torment. Those that have confessed their sins and sincerely asked for forgiveness are redeemed by the sacrifice by Jesus on the cross, and through His mercy will live eternally in perfect peace. The unredeemed will live in eternal torment. WHICH CAMP ARE YOU IN?
How do we choose between the two?

“descending to earth in the form of Jesus”

What does this mean?
Do you believe in the divine nature of Christ and the trinity, one God “nature” in three persons Or modelism of one God acting three parts?

Thks

Back