Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Eternal Life

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Here is your quote.

Faith In Christ is not mentioned by Paul in 1 Tim 4:1-4. A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,] being good and ...
Yes, that my quote that says the faith of 1 Tim 4:1-5 is a faith in everything created by God being good.

Look just take out the bracketed examples of two things God created if you deny that food and marriage were created by God. And compare that post to the other four times I answered your question. They all make the same point (the point Paul is making) just in different ways of saying the same thing. You do know what brackets are used for in writings, right?

"The faith" mentioned in 1 Timothy 4:1 is not faith in everything created by God. That's Pantheism.
Nor is that what I said either. But "the faith" mentioned in the sentence that constitutes 1 Timothy 4:1-5 is most certainly faith in the things created by God BEING GOOD and ...

I am publicly making an appeal to the moderation that your misrepresentation of my belief be stopped. Yet without closing the thread for others that might want to participate. I've asked you directly to stop it making these false claims about me multiple times. You obviuosly refuse to stop misrepresenting the interpretation of this Scripture.
Scoffing or laughing at the interpretation of scripture others present.

Last edited:
Yes, that my quote that says the faith of 1 Tim 4:1-5 is a faith in everything created by God being good.

Look just take out the bracketed examples of two things God created if you deny that food and marriage were created by God. And compare that post to the other four times I answered your question. They all make the same point (the point Paul is making) just in different ways of saying the same thing. You do know what brackets are used for in writings, right?

Nor is that what I said either. But "the faith" mentioned in the sentence that constitutes 1 Timothy 4:1-5 is most certainly faith in the things created by God BEING GOOD and ...

I am publicly making an appeal to the moderation that your misrepresentation of my belief be stopped. Yet without closing the thread for others that might want to participate. I've asked you directly to stop it making these false claims about me multiple times. You obviuosly refuse to stop misrepresenting the interpretation of this Scripture.

Yes I posted a laughing guy because what you said was so hilarious.

Look just take out the bracketed examples of two things God created

That's a good start.

Removing your reference to having faith in what God created, rather than having faith in God Himself, is a good start.

Now again, do you believe the Jesus Christ created all things to be received by those who believe and know the truth?

JLB

I have said that over and over, so many times it's unbelievable. That what the passage says!

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
1 Timothy 4:1

The faith mentioned here is a reference to the one true faith, which is faith in Jesus Christ.

Some will depart from the faith, by listening to false doctrine from demons.

This is a warning from the Holy Spirit, that we should be aware and alert to such teachings, that can cause people to depart from the faith.

One example of these teachings, which Paul dealt with in his day,concerns the Ressurrection being already past.

who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. 2 Timothy 2:18

This teaching can actually "overthrow" the faith of some.

JLB

I have said that over and over, so many times it's unbelievable. That what the passage says!

Here are the words you actually said.

A faith in everything created by God[marraige, food, etc,] being good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness ismentioned in this passage as thefaith that demons will deceive some into departing from.

The part that is Heresy is this sentence.

A faith in everything created by God[marraige, food, etc,]

If you would like to go back and delete this phrase, then please do so, and I won't bring it up again.

This is not what anyone who names the name of Christ should be writing on a Christian Forum.

JLB

The part that is Heresy is this sentence.

A faith in everything created by God[marraige, food, etc,]
A part of a sentence is not a sentence. Once again, you claiming a part of a sentence is a sentence doesn't make it true.

A part of a sentence is not a sentence. Once again, you claiming a part of a sentence is a sentence doesn't make it true.

I referenced the thing you said.

Here is statement you made.

A faith in everything created by God[marraige, food, etc,] being good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness is mentioned in this passage as thefaith that demons will deceive some into departing from.

We don't have faith in what God created.

We have faith in God; in Jesus Christ.

JLB

Why did you write this:

If you would like to go back and delete this phrase, then pleasedo so, and I won't bring it up again.

This is not what anyone who names the name of Christ should be writing on a Christian Forum.

JLB

If you would like to go back and delete this phrase, then pleasedo so, and I won't bring it up again.
I stand by what I said in it's entirety. It was taken directly from the sentence of Paul's that is 1 Tim 4:1-5. And you laughed at i! Telling, very telling indeed.

I stand by what I said in it's entirety. It was taken directly from the sentence of Paul's that is 1 Tim 4:1-5. And you laughed at i! Telling, very telling indeed.

If you stand by what you said then you stand by your words that say...

A faith in everything created by God[marraige, food, etc,] being good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness.

What you say is to have faith in what God created.

Paul said this in 1Timothy 4:1-5

4 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. 1 Timothy 4:1-5

Paul said that in the latter days some will depart from the faith...

Which is a reference to faith in Christ.

Your words indicate that Paul meant some with depart from "faith in everything created by God"...

There's a big difference.

I disagree with your interpretation that Paul was referring to a faith in "everything created by God".

You should go back and delete this
phrase "faith in everything created by God" if you didn't mean to say this.

If you did mean to say it, then just leave up there and don't delete it.

JLB

What you say is to have faith in what God created.
No it's not. You're snipping a phrase out of a sentence and calling it a sentence. I'm here correcting you over and over. I did NOT say "the faith" is to have faith in what God created. I said "the faith" in Paul's sentence is to have faith that what God created is GOOD.

All you're doing is demonstrating your propensity to rip a phrase out of it's context. In this case, ripping one out of a single sentence.

You didn't answer. Why did you post
unbelievers are saved
on a Christian forum. Are you a universalist?

Back