Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Eternal Life

I did not say Paul was teaching His people to have faith in food.

It's exactly what you said.

Here is your post -

Faith In Christ is not mentioned by Paul in 1 Tim 4:1-4. A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,] being good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness is mentioned in this passage as the faith that demons will deceive some into departing from.

A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,] .

These are your words which you wrote: A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,] .

What you are teaching is the paganism that Paul warned us about.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Romans 1:24-25

Faith comes from God when He speaks to us.

We can say we have "faith" in this or that, but it is not faith at all. Having "faith" [trust] in men or demons, it not faith, for faith comes by hearing God.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith. Hebrews 11:7

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. Hebrews 11:8

JLB

Do you believe that "the faith" mentioned here is the "One faith" above all others, that the Holt Spirit is warning that some will depart from, or is this some "other faith"?
I know what faith it is that some will depart from because Paul tells us what faith it is that he's talking about in the rest of the sentence. It is precisely "the faith" that says "everything created by God is good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness", v4, that some people will depart from in latter days. I've seen it in action.

Examples of this departure from "the faith" are teachings that:

1) marriage is not Godly
2) some foods are not Godly
3) other things God has made/created good will be rejected.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (LEB) Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come.

No it's not. You chopped off the last part and bolded what you liked, ignoring the rest and ignoring the bracketing of those examples. Just like you are doing with 1 Tim 4:1-4, ignoring the rest of what Paul is saying there.

Faith In Christ is not mentioned by Paul in 1 Tim 4:1-4. A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,] being good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness

Yet your claim was that I said:
Paul is teaching His people to have faith in food, and warning that some in the latter days will depart from faith in food,

A faith in everything being good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness is NOT the same thing as a faith in food.

Food and marraige are just two examples of the things God has made.

I know what faith it is that some will depart from because Paul tells us what faith it is that he's talking about in the rest of the sentence. It is precisely "the faith" that says "everything created by God is good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness", v4, that some people will depart from in latter days. I've seen it in action.

1) marriage is not Godly

2 Corinthians 5:17 (LEB) Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come.

So what is your answer?

Do you believe that "the faith" mentioned here is the "One faith" above all others, that the Holy Spirit is warning that some will depart from, or is this some "other faith"?

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
1 Timothy 4:1

The faith, Paul is referring to in 1 Timothy 4:1 is:

1. The One faith above all others?
  2. Some other faith?

JLB

No it's not. You chopped off the last part and bolded what you liked, ignoring the rest and ignoring the bracketing of those examples. Just like you are doing with 1 Tim 4:1-4, ignoring the rest of what Paul is saying there.

Faith In Christ is not mentioned by Paul in 1 Tim 4:1-4. A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,] being good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness is mentioned in this passage as the faith that demons will deceive some into departing from.

Changes nothing.

Are these your words?

A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,] .

Our faith is not in food or anything else created by God.

JLB

That's at least the fourth time in this thread alone thst you've accused me of saying something I never said.

Here are your words

The part that you keep denying you said is what I'm focusing on... A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,]

These words are your words.

I have copied them from your post.

Please explain how these are not your words.

A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,]

JLB

All for what reason???

For the purpose of establishing the truth of what Paul warned us about in the latter days.

You are the one promoting that "the faith" here is not faith in Christ, but some other faith.

Some will depart from the faith.

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 1 Timothy 4;1

JLB

A faith in everything being good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness is NOT the same thing as a faith in food.

Food and marraige are just two examples of the things God has made.

Which is what you said here: A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,]

JLB

Please tell that to the angels who sinned in the days of Noah.

For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 2 Peter 2:4

Being a son of God, does not mean that we are exempt from being cast into hell,

JLB

hello JLB, dirtfarmer here

Hebrews 2:9 " But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man." No where in scripture does it state that Jesus died for any angel. If he died for the angels also, would he have not been made as the angels and not a little lower than them?

Is it ever stated that the angels have salvation? Being a son of God doesn't exempt from being cast into hell, but being a born again son of God does exempt from being cast into the lake of fire. Being a born again son of God makes us heirs and joint-heirs with Christ. Romans 8:17 " And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."

Which angels did God give dominion to? Where they not created to praise God continually?

hello JLB, dirtfarmer here

Hebrews 2:9 " But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man." No where in scripture does it state that Jesus died for any angel. If he died for the angels also, would he have not been made as the angels and not a little lower than them?

Is it ever stated that the angels have salvation? Being a son of God doesn't exempt from being cast into hell, but being a born again son of God does exempt from being cast into the lake of fire. Being a born again son of God makes us heirs and joint-heirs with Christ. Romans 8:17 " And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."

Which angels did God give dominion to? Where they not created to praise God continually?

Brother, here are the words that came from your post:

Those that hold the doctrine of loss of salvation, did your children make a commitment to be your children?

Angels are sons of God.

Sons being a reference to God's children.

Those who attain to the "that age" will be equal to the angels and are sons of God.

35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
Luke 20:35-36

but being a born again son of God does exempt from being cast into the lake of fire.

Please post the scripture that says this.

So a Christians who takes the mark of the beast, won't be cast into the lake of fire?

9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
Revelation 14:9-12

Anyone who worships the beast...

Born again Christians, saints of the Most High, those who have the faith of Jesus, are included in the word "anyone".

JLB

Here is your post -

I agree. Glad you said it.

Here are your words

The part that you keep denying you said is what I'm focusing on... A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,]

These words are your words.

I have copied them from your post.

• We do not have faith in God's creation.
  • We do not have faith in food, or marriage.

Please explain how these are not your words.

A faith in everything created by God [marraige, food, etc,]

JLB

1) marriage is not Godly

So what is your answer?

Do you believe that "the faith" mentioned here is the "One faith" above all others, that the Holy Spirit is warning that some will depart from, or is this some "other faith"?

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

2. Some other faith?

JLB

So what is your answer?
I answered your question five times already.

1) marriage is not Godly
to depart the faith means to:

1) forbid marrying and
2) insist on abstaining from foods that God created for sharing
That's correct. The faith that he wrote about in the very same sentence. The part you leave out.

The faith that says, and I quote,
"everything created by God is good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thankfulness,
Obviously, if one simply takes the time to read the context, we find out that the "departure from the faith" Paul means is that some people (doesn't say saved people) start following a false/demonic doctrine in later times that teaches marriage is sinful and that eating certain foods is sinful. (Sound familiar?)

I answered your question five times already.

None of your post's answered my direct question.

Please answer, so I know what you believe.

So what is your answer?

2. Some other faith?

JLB

Do you believe that "the faith" mentioned here is the "One faith" above all others
Answer this question first, since I answered yours already five times. Do you believe that there is anything God created and has made holy that will be rejected?

Answer this question first, since I answered yours already five times. Do you believe that there is anything God created and has made holy that will be rejected?

You haven't answered my question, but have talked around it.

I can see why you wouldn't give me an answer.

I'm sure there are plenty of things that God has created, that people will reject.

So what is your answer?

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 1 Timothy 4:1

2. Some other faith?

JLB

I'm sure there are plenty of things that God has created, that people will reject.
Me too. Like Godly marriage and some foods that people reject yet some of those same people happen to have faith in Jesus Christ (The faith above all others). Thus my answer is 2 (some other faith). Just like I said at least five times.

If Paul would have said in latter days some people that have faith in Jesus will depart from their faith in Jesus, you would have an anti-OSAS passage, IMO. And I would have to wonder about the accuracy of all the passages that say people that have had the faith in Jesus Christ are a new creation by God, made Holy by God and given Eternal Life, never to be rejected by Jesus or revocated. But fortunately, Paul didn't say people will depart from the faith in Jesus Christ. Thus, I don't have to worry about this being an OSAS passage.

Me too. Like Godly marriage and some foods that people reject yet some of those same people happen to have faith in Jesus Christ (The faith above all others). Thus my answer is 2 (some other faith). Just like I said at least five times.

If Paul would have said in latter days some people that have faith in Jesus will depart from their faith in Jesus, you would have an anti-OSAS passage, IMO. And I would have to wonder about the accuracy of all the passages that say people that have had the faith in Jesus Christ are a new creation by God, made Holy by God and given Eternal Life, never to be rejected by Jesus or revocated. But fortunately, Paul didn't say people will depart from the faith in Jesus Christ. Thus, I don't have to worry about this being an OSAS passage.

So what is your answer?

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 1 Timothy 4:1

2. Some other faith?

JLB

Back