Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

EV or ICE

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Colder air is more dense, which means there is more oxygen per volume coming into an engine. To adjust and keep the mixture within spec, more fuel is used. The irony is, vehicles develop more power in colder weather, but are usually less able to use it. Some loss in range is from extra fuel used due to loss of traction, but that would be the same for EVs. Gas, as far as I know, is and likely always will be much more efficient in the energy it provides than electricity.

Ideally, I would prefer a hybrid, where braking and the engine are used to keep charging the battery as needed.

Of course, but that clearly has changed. And they still could do better, if it wasn't for the EV push shutting ICE development largely off the table.

They do, but they also getting larger and larger battery packs to extend their range, which also makes vehicles significantly heavier. This will likely wear more on the drivetrain and brakes. There is always a tradeoff when going from fossil fuels to "clean" energy. Always.
Personally I'm over the oil changes, spark plugs, coolant, check engine light could be multiple things. gas have been a headache even a pain sometimes. I'm ready for something different. I don't own one yet probably some headache with EV too. but around 40 years of driving gas cars it isn't going to hurt my feelings if I don't drive one anymore, lol.

No.i tracked my truck .nope not all .I have drove it in weather below 20s before .the map and the ecm uses the act to add fuel until the engine warms up .
It's like any car gas or EV, not all vehicles do the same thing in all conditions.

Personally I'm over the oil changes, spark plugs, coolant, check engine light could be multiple things. gas have been a headache even a pain sometimes. I'm ready for something different. I don't own one yet probably some headache with EV too. but around 40 years of driving gas cars it isn't going to hurt my feelings if I don't drive one anymore, lol.
An electric cars won't have problems?
They won't need brakes ,they won't build them to last n
A computer doesn't go bad ,they could build them ri upgrade them but instead they junk them.

Sorry I can lock up my work machine by typing to fast .I couldn't do that to the old machine .

jaybo also California politicans have so many issues to deal with their electric grid that it's going to be a problem when they go all electric.

You might put too much faith in these politicians but they're human just like the rest of us, imperfect and we make mistakes, the problem is when California does manage to get everyone onto EVs, the grid wont survive. They don't have their energy grid today and already they're too late.

My point is, trusting politicians is like trusting a stranger to watch your kids. I don't trust these lawmakers and I trust them even less with their consistent failures over the past decade.

And that's completely fine.

People should have options and not limit to one type of vehicle. I prefer internal combustion and besides that fact, people should be able to stick with what works best for them and not push one technology over another.

People should have options and not limit to one type of vehicle. I prefer internal combustion and besides that fact, people should be able to stick with what works best for them and not push one technology over another.
That really deserves a thread .

That really deserves a thread .
I'm surprised that other post didn't mention the McPherson strutt problems and also rack and pinion ,cv axle nightmare .it's uncommon to see cv axles fail like they used to.mechanics then would rebuild the boot and the bearing that failed . Now they don't even sell reman ones ,but new .

An electric cars won't have problems?
They won't need brakes ,they won't build them to last n
A computer doesn't go bad ,they could build them ri upgrade them but instead they junk them.

Sorry I can lock up my work machine by typing to fast .I couldn't do that to the old machine .
I said probably headaches too, I didn't think I had to mention tires also. Average gas car engines didn't last that long in the early days today 400k plus.

Ev have been out for awhile, getting better every year.

Probably all cars that has ever been made has had flaws and most with recalls its no concern to convert. the model T had the spanish moss recall, bugs in the seats lol.

Last edited:

Surely people said the same with the horse and buggy. Imagine the clean up if everyone road in those still. Sort of still do but a mechanical horsepower.

Last edited:
Probably people said the same with the horse and buggy. Imagine the clean up if everyone road in those still. Sort of still do but a mechanical horsepower.
So we move on to a modern day horse and buggy . Put the Tesla in the barn and hook on the feed bag 🐎 .

I said probably headaches too, I didn't think I had to mention tires also. Average gas car engines didn't last that long in the early days today 400k plus.

Ev have been out for awhile, getting better every year.

Probably all cars that has ever been made has had flaws and most with recalls its no concern to convert. the model T had the spanish moss recall, bugs in the seats lol.
The point is they choose then to make cars have a planned obsolescence.which Leeland Lincoln of Lincoln cars and Cadillac noticed and used .

Can't stay open if you don't sell cars .

The point is they choose then to make cars have a planned obsolescence.which Leeland Lincoln of Lincoln cars and Cadillac noticed and used .

Can't stay open if you don't sell cars .
Hasn't that been the case since cars rolled off the showroom floor.

What do you want to do keep spewing Co2?, until oxygen drops to 22%
It won't.
Plants use co2 and we'll in the 1800s the Brits were selling and producing oranges .suddenly a mini ice age ended that .

Florida was actually much bigger in the tone before the first ice age

And no power plant doesn't do any environmental impact .not even nuke with it's demand for water and core replacement

It won't.
Plants use co2 and we'll in the 1800s the Brits were selling and producing oranges .suddenly a mini ice age ended that .

Florida was actually much bigger in the tone before the first ice age

And no power plant doesn't do any environmental impact .not even nuke with it's demand for water and core replacement
Ok humans are not plants.

Hasn't that been the case since cars rolled off the showroom floor.
Yes and do you really think that those rare Earth's being recycled will match every car they replace and even then a battery will be reduced in capacity when they do and also

Salt on the roads.good luck when that battery corrosion eats out the floor battery .

Yes and do you really think that those rare Earth's being recycled will match every car they replace and even then a battery will be reduced in capacity when they do and also

Salt on the roads.good luck when that battery corrosion eats out the floor battery .
Do you really think oil will last forever.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back