Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

EV or ICE

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What gets me and others is why the BIG push of plug in electric car instead of hybrid cars . Hybrid seems to me to be the logical next step . miamited has a couple of hybrid cars and really likes them .
Check out the omega 1 engine.

It's possible EV's will just be a short lived phase. Internal combustion engines aren't done yet but going through a revamp it seems lately.
https://astronaerospace.com/

Last edited:

There were citrus company towns ,farm companies where the whole town was involved in muck or farmer .locally I know one as fellsemere.its corporate office is now marsh landing and e Nelson fell started fellsemere farms and the train that lead to it and aBroadmoor. He also founded narcosee .these and many others had tokens

Continued..

These also had company owned stores and homes and schools .

Okechobee has macarthur and Larson dairy where workers live on the company land and fellsemere has q and a ,which uses immigrants and houses then and sells onions and green onions.

But none of these today are able to restrict your purchase and de facto own you like the past

What gets me and others is why the BIG push of plug in electric car instead of hybrid cars . Hybrid seems to me to be the logical next step . miamited has a couple of hybrid cars and really likes them .
Yes, I have had, and still have one, two Lincoln MKZ hybrids. For my purposes, i.e., not trying to race everyone at the stoplight, they have been wonderful vehicles. On my current model, I get about 400 miles on 12 gallons of gas. It's a nice comfortable vehicle with lots of bells and whistles, which at my age, I also like. Around town I generally average about 34-35 mpg and on highway trips it generally goes up a couple mpg to about 36-37 mpg.

However, when the issues with electric vehicles are resolved, I'll likely go full on electric. But yes, for me now, with the technology as it is, I'm a big hybrid fan. I believe it does address the nation's need to reduce fossil fuel consumption by quite a bit, if the majority of the people would have them.

Although, to answer hawkman's comment, I think the hybrid was the 'next logical step'. But even it's time is coming. The Toyota Prius was the first hybrid vehicle and it was introduced in 1997. That's 25 years ago. So it has been the 'logical next step' now for that time period and still is. But improvements in the full electric operation will likely bring the hybrid, as new car sales, to an end...one day.

God bless,
Ted

I am never going to buy an ev. I bet you Tesla cars already have the circuit in their motherboard that would enable police or whoever to wirelessly stop the vehicle. They're just not using it yet. First the want to conn everyone into buying EV's.

You can do almost anything with wireless teechnology and relays. I have a train horn that I am going to hook up to my truck. But it has a wirelss fob so I can be laying in bed and see people on the cameras perhaps loitering by my truck in front, hit the fob and sound the train horn in the truck from the house. That should shoo them away, lol.

And the Government is prolly 50 years ahead in technology than the masses, so there's no reason to doubt that these things will happen at some point.

Surely people said the same with the horse and buggy. Imagine the clean up if everyone road in those still. Sort of still do but a mechanical horsepower.

Why is it we keep comparing this to the 1900s? Some people don't want a vehicle that runs off a battery that you gotta plug in. Both internal combustion engine vehicles and electric vehicles do the same thing.

Degrading someone because they choose to stick with something that works for them doesn't sound Christian. You can buy an EV or an ICE. Isn't having options wonderful?

Then tell the right answer to fix it? Keep burning oil

Do you know what it takes to build a battery for a EV? There is no perfect solution to stop polluting the planet other than population control. I don't think people like that idea either.

How about live and let live and allow innovation control how we pollute the planet rather than telling others how to pollute?

Edward I won't ever buy an EV either. People want to force them and force you out of your gas vehicles and it's pretty clear some Christians are forcing it as well.. people just don't want to leave well enough alone here.

I saw a video where they built a wood burning gasifier and ran the fuel line to their generator to provide power for the house.

Another guy built a gasifier into his pickup truck so he has a hood burning pickup truck. When the fire burns down a switch in the cab swiitches it to gasoline.

A wood burning generator?
A wood burning vehicle? That's about as cool as it gets!

And I'm not so sure that I believe any of the government disinformation about climate change and carbon footprints and all those lies. The Lord made this planet with enough resources and sustainability that is natural to it. Mankind is incapable of killing the planet before the day of the Lord.

God knew how long the planet needed to last and what it's capacity for self regeneation had to be to sustain us until His purposes are fulfilled.

Does that make sense?

Edward a wood burning vehicle does sound awesome. This all boils down to creating a crisis where people are against one another for ridiculous things. We won't know what will happen and God controls the climate, not us. While it can be argued that we should strive to be cleaner it shouldn't be "we're going to end gasoline vehicles in 15 years and you're going to have to deal with it" because some people hate oil.

Edward I won't ever buy an EV either. People want to force them and force you out of your gas vehicles and it's pretty clear some Christians are forcing it as well.. people just don't want to leave well enough alone here.

You see, we have to compare what the government says compared to scripture. And acripture don't say that we're going to run out of anything. Except a famine is coming, but that is a famine engineered by man. The elites, or antichrist, if you will.

That said, with deception their primary tool, you can bet money that everything they say is a lie. Whatever they say, turn it around 180 degrees and you may be closer to the truth. EV's are technology in a time on earth when all technology is designed to their benefit and to oppress the people.

Edward a wood burning vehicle does sound awesome. This all boils down to creating a crisis where people are against one another for ridiculous things. We won't know what will happen and God controls the climate, not us. While it can be argued that we should strive to be cleaner it shouldn't be "we're going to end gasoline vehicles in 15 years and you're going to have to deal with it" because some people hate oil.

FEMA has plans to build Gasifiers on their website. And much of it is data and explains the process of gasification. What I got out of it so far is when you build a gasifier, it's all about range. How far can you go on one tank of fire? You can use small tank gasifiers to run generators and stuff, but vehicles need larger tanks for increased distance before having to gather firewood again and stoke it up in Walmarts parking lot (Lol) before going home again. So old water heater size tanks would be better for vehicles.

I want to build one, but I have no welder. I can weld. I have a pickup truck already too. 55 gallon steel drums would prolly work nicely too. There's better plans out there than the fema plans though. I've seen some of them. They burn very clean!

I wonder how long until gasification is outlawed?

Edward

The fact this push towards electric vehicles is anything but impatient shows there is a hidden agenda behind it. Otherwise other alternatives would also be pushed as hard, why just battery electric? None of the alternatives are in working order and the only reason battery electric is ahead of the game is because of Tesla and the government wanted people off of oil since the 70s.

I see nothing but control and nefarious reasons why we need to get off oil. "Oh we need to save the planet, we're running out of oil" it's the boy who cries wolf yet again "the sky is falling".

Yet we have so many changes just for the sake of boredom and we just have to have something new and different. I remember people not wanting to get off of Windows XP and how people were forced to get the latest Windows. Why not keep updating XP? Because its all about conformity.

Why else are we being forced onto electric vehicles and out of gasoline vehicles? Conformity. It's to train the masses to think conformity rather than to think independently. Even religion has this, but at at same time you need a spiritual relationship with Jesus and that's not what is happening here. I pray for mankind to get out of this locked mindset and start loving one another instead of destroying others to get what they want or what other wants.

If the Amish still has the freedom to use the horse and buggy then society also has the freedom to use gasoline vehicles.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back