Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Evolutionists VS. Evolution.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
BobRyan said:
Jayls5 said:
lol stopped after the first "contradiction" in this video.

Too funny for you??

IT is amazing how often the darwinists contradict themselves and then censor "themselves" from seeing "the data".

And yet how willing they are to tell us about it.

Oh well -- "it's all good"

Bob

And yet when we take the time to actually SEE the video we SEE the befuddlement of the Darwinists on that video as they unwittingly blunder right into what Patterson calls the error of "stories easy enough to make up ABOUT HOW one thing came from another".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Fmh8PCmrlk

Jay said
Yeah, I think it's funny to me.

Well then -- agreement of some sort on the video that you would NOT allow yourself to see (While I by contrast was easily able to watch and snicker at each of the points raised by Darwinists who then proceded to contradict themselves or "argue from the void" of data they did NOt have).

I especially loved the "given enought time ANYTHING will turn into ANYTHING" belief of that one Darwinist example soooo funny the audience cracks up laughing!!

You have come here to comment on a video you ADMIT that you would not allow yourself to see! (presumably because it was not the normal darwinist pablum that many consider to be the normal dietary supplement consumed by devotees to that religious order)

Hillarious!

On the other hand I suppose I should applaud your insight at so quickly realizing that even with Darwinists making their own case and anti-case that video was not "going to be all darwinist propaganda all the time" so no sense in watching it for a devoted darwinist.

Bob

I'm far from devoted to "darwinism." I'm just not going to waste my time on obvious quote mining designed to make people look like their contradicting themselves. He was using "proof" in the colloquial sense in one cut frame, and he was using "proof" in the scientific sense in another. The video thought this was "damning" evidence, and I immediately turned it off once I realized they had no interest in being intellectually honest.

lordkalvan said:
The question is, should we rate Bruce Malone and Kent Hovind's opinions equally with those of, say, fundamentalist Christian Dr Richard G Colling,

Bible denying Christian is NOT classed as "fundamentalist" last time I checked.

Where do you get your wild definition for "Fundamentalist"?

Hint this is the kind of darwinist pablum Fundamentalists do not drink -
"Evolution has stood the test of time and considerable scrutiny... What the designer designed is the random-design process," or Darwinian evolution,

Fundamentalist means ACCEPTING that the bible means what you SEE IT SAY!

the endless-shell-game of Darwinists would not "pretend" that DARWINISTS are what is meant by "fundamentalist christian"????!!

What a hoot!!

Bob

BobRyan said:
So feel free to click the link and read.

Bob

I have a better idea. Stop posting.

(btw, I love the fact that you ignored the fact that I pointed out that you're ignoring my post entirely)

BobRyan said:

Bob

(btw, nice job ignoring what I said again)

And Yeah, I just watched the whole video. It was hilariously terrible. I didn't think it was going to get worse from when I flipped it off originally, but wow.

Bob. On an entirely unrelated note, may I ask what formal education you have?

Jayls5 said:
And Yeah, I just watched the whole video.

This is a big step for you Jay... I am proud of your efforts to open your eyes to truth even if it means watching those darwinists contradict themselves in befuddled flummox after self-conflicted befuddled flummox.

Reminds us of Dawkins' own 11 second flummox when he found out he was not going to be addressed by a gaggle of cheerleading yes-men.

I have to admit -- I also found it hillarious!!

I leave it as an exercise for the serious unbiased objective reader to take note of the key points in Patterson's argument ...

Note: SALIENT points in the Darwinist argument merely ASSUMED but not PROVEN:

Colin Patterson (Senior paleontologist at the British Natural History Museum and author of the Museum’s general text on evolution) spoke at the American Museum of Natural History 1981

“Can you tell me anything you know about evolution, any one thing…that is true?
I tried that question on the geology staff at the Field Museum of Natural history and the only answer I got was silence. I tried it on the members of the Evolutionary Morphology seminar in the University of Chicago, and all I got there was silence for a long time and eventually one person said “I know one thing – it ought not to be taught in high schoolâ€Â[/b]

(Speech that was not published but transcripts are said to be available) Similar views given by Patterson in “Deducing from Materialism†National Review Aug 29, 1986)

ANTI-KNOWLEDGE
Evolution AS FAITH

Colin Patterson (Senior paleontologist at the British Natural History Museum and author of the Museum’s general text on evolution)

A 1981 lecture presented at New York City's American Museum of Natural History

[quote:9bd6d]
Colin PATTERSON:

"...I'm speaking on two subjects, evolutionism and creationism, and I believe it's true to say that I know nothing whatever about either...One of the reasons I started taking this anti-evolutionary view,well, let's call it non-evolutionary , was last year I had a sudden realization.

"For over twenty years I had thought that I was working on evolution in some way. One morning I woke up, and something had happened in the night, and it struck me that I had been working on this stuff for twenty years, and there was not one thing I knew about it. "That was quite a shock that one could be misled for so long...

It does seem that the level of knowledge about evolution is remarkably shallow. We know it ought not to be taught in high school, and perhaps that's all we know about it...

about eighteen months ago...I woke up and I realized that all my life I had been duped into taking evolutionism as revealed truth in some way."

Patterson - again quoting Gillespie accusing that those "'...holding creationist ideas could plead ignorance of the means and affirm only the fact,'" Patterson countered, "That seems to summarize the feeling I get in talking to evolutionists today. They plead ignorance of the means of transformation, but affirm only the fact: 'Yes it has...we know it has taken place.'"

"...Now I think that many people in this room would acknowledge that during the last few years, if you had thought about it at all, you've experienced a shift from evolution as knowledge to evolution as faith. I know that's true of me, and I think it's true of a good many of you in here...

"...Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, but seems somehow to convey anti-knowledge [/u], apparent knowledge which is actually harmful to systematics..."

[/quote:9bd6d]

Bob

BobRyan said:
Bible denying Christian is NOT classed as "fundamentalist" last time I checked.

Where do you get your wild definition for "Fundamentalist"?
Trotting out the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy to berate someone who is widely described as a devout conservative Christian, though clearly not of the particular variety you prefer, is not a convincing argument. As I have tried to explain to you before, the world is not divided into only black or only white, but constitutes many shades of grey.

Jayls5 said:
BobRyan said:

Bob

(btw, nice job ignoring what I said again)

And Yeah, I just watched the whole video. It was hilariously terrible. I didn't think it was going to get worse from when I flipped it off originally, but wow.

Bob. On an entirely unrelated note, may I ask what formal education you have?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that biology wasn't Bob's area of study in college, assuming that he even went there.

And what does it matter what one's area of study may or may not have been at college? All the evolutionists and atheists seem to think they're experts on God and theology. :-?

You all do it, so please stop the flaming and the rhetoric.

Free said:
And what does it matter what one's area of study may or may not have been at college? All the evolutionists and atheists seem to think they're experts on God and theology. :-?

You all do it, so please stop the flaming and the rhetoric.

Whether or not someone studied a subject as complicated as biology is not irrelevant in a conversation about evolution. I believe that the fact that very, very few people with biology degrees believe in creationism and very, very few people with geology degrees believe in a young Earth is far from an irrelevancy.

Also, I'd be inclined to say that the average armchair intellectual who has a degree in neither is a lot more likely to be better versed in theology than evolutionary biology.

Whether or not someone studied a subject as complicated as biology is not irrelevant in a conversation about evolution.
The same goes for theology. :-?

Also, I'd be inclined to say that the average armchair intellectual
I doubt it. Most have taken at least one biology course.

Taking a single course is almost entirely useless on its own if you are unconcerned with the topic. I couldn't tell you a thing about chemistry but I've taken a course in it and did fine.

Free said:
And so you have made my point.

No? Your initial point was that credentials aren't important. But then you lamented the lack of qualified theologians among the ranks of atheists.

Biology is a lot more technical than theology, and expertise becomes more relevant.

BobRyan said:
Jayls5 said:

This is a big step for you Jay... I am proud of your efforts to open your eyes to truth even if it means watching those darwinists contradict themselves in befuddled flummox after self-conflicted befuddled flummox.

It'd be an even bigger step for you if you could acknowledge what i said, what other people say, and

ehh. I'm not going to bother finishing the sentence.

You have GOT to be joking at this point.

Jayls5 said:
BobRyan said:
Jayls5 said:

It'd be an even bigger step for you if you could acknowledge what i said, what other people say, and

ehh. I'm not going to bother finishing the sentence.

You have GOT to be joking at this point.

I actually think that Bob's just a creationist bot. He's programmed to just spit out the same responses over and over again no matter how many times people point out how flawed his arguments are. That's probably why you never get a real answer from him and why he never backs up his arguments with any credible sources.

jmm9683 said:
I actually think that Bob's just a creationist bot. He's programmed to just spit out the same responses over and over again no matter how many times people point out how flawed his arguments are. That's probably why you never get a real answer from him and why he never backs up his arguments with any credible sources.

May I remind you this is a Christian site with beliefs based on scripture. Statement of Faith

There is a strong likelihood that many on this forum are indeed creationist in belief.

Let this serve as a reminder to all to keep in mind where you are and to respect the beliefs of those who have chosen to join and participate in discussion based on those beliefs throughout these forums.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back