Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Exalt Mary and glorify God!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

donadams

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!
Catholicism Overseer
Exalt Mary and glorify God!
Lk 1:48

Exalted did dignity and prerogatives of the divine mother:

Mary is Filled with the plenitude of divine grace. Lk 1:28
Lord is with Mary. Lk 1:28
Blessed. Lk 1:28

Mother of our savior. Matt 2:11
Mother of our salvation. Lk 2:30
Found our salvation. Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation. Lk 1:38

My soul “existence” does magnify the Lord! Lk 1:47

Mary practices of the virtues of Jesus Christ. Prov. 31

The immaculate conception:
Gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Song of Solomon 4:7 & 6:9-10 rev 12:1
Perpetual virginity: Isa 7:14 Matt 1:21-23 Lk 1:34
Divine maternity: Lk 1:43
Assumption: rev 12:1

What is the new song of salvation?

Psalm 33:3, 40:3, 96:1, 98:1, and 149:1

Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Psalm 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Psalm 96:1 O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord, all the earth.

Psalm 98:1 O sing unto the Lord a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.

Psalm 149:1 Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

The new song of salvation:

Hail Mary, full of Grace!
Blessed art thou among all women! Lk 1:28 & Lk 1:45 & Lk 1:48

All generations shall call me blessed! Lk 1:48

A new song of salvation!

Actually this is an exultation of thanksgiving for having obtain thier eternal salvation!

Exalted did dignity and prerogatives of the divine mother: continued

Mary is the ark of the covenant and the temple of God, God consecrated and dwelt in Her for 9 months and cannot be used for a ordinary purpose, and it is God who glorified his dwelling!

King david has love of Mary!

Psalm 26:8
Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

Exalting Mary is idolatry?

Mary and all the saints obtained grace, virtues, and merits from God’s infinite goodness, mercy and love and their praises end in the glory of Christ the source of all grace and of God. Jn 1:16-17 Lk 1:49

Not by nature but by supernatural grace!

Mary and the saints are what God made them not according nature but by the supernatural grace of God!
Lk 1:49

Glory to God for His mighty works and grace and mercy in His saints!
2 thes 1:10

For my eyes have seen Your salvation. Luke 2:30

Nothing here about Mary being the mother of our salvation.
Simple logic required
Jesus is our salvation:
Mary is His mother:
So she is mother of our salvation!
Thanks

Simple logic required
Jesus is our salvation:
Mary is His mother:
So she is mother of our salvation!
Thanks

Again, the scripture you referenced, says nothing about Mary being the mother of our salvation.

The context of the scripture refers to Simeon the priest who was led by the Spirit to declare what we see in verse 30.

And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law, he took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said:
“Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace,
According to Your word;
For my eyes have seen Your salvation
Which You have prepared before the face of all peoples,
A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles,
And the glory of Your people Israel.”
Luke 2:25-31

My point:

You made this reference about Mary being the mother of our salvation, and tagged your statement with a scripture reference.

There is no scripture that says … Mary is the mother of our salvation.

JLB

Again, the scripture you referenced, says nothing about Mary being the mother of our salvation.

The context of the scripture refers to Simeon the priest who was led by the Spirit to declare what we see in verse 30.

And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law, he took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said:
“Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace,
According to Your word;
For my eyes have seen Your salvation
Which You have prepared before the face of all peoples,
A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles,
And the glory of Your people Israel.”
Luke 2:25-31

My point:

You made this reference about Mary being the mother of our salvation, and tagged your statement with a scripture reference.

There is no scripture that says … Mary is the mother of our salvation.

JLB
The point of Lk 2:30 is to establish the simple fact that Jesus Christ, not just His doctrine, not just His sacrifice but He Himself in His person is our salvation; ok
Simple logic if Christ is our salvation and Mary is His mother then she must be the mother of our salvation!
Also mother of God:
Mother of the word incarnate:
Mother of our savior:
Are you doubting the fact that Jesus is our salvation?
Or are you doubting that Mary is His real mother?
See Matt 2:11
Thanks

The point of Lk 2:30 is to establish the simple fact that Jesus Christ, not just His doctrine, not just His sacrifice but He Himself in His person is our salvation; ok

That may be the point you are making now, but when you posted you said and I quote…

You started this thread which is titled Exalt Mary and glorify God.

Also mother of God:

Mary is certainly not the Mother of God.

Mary is the mother of the flesh and blood Man Jesus Christ.

God is Spirit.

Mary gave birth to flesh.

For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5

Mary is not a mediator between God and man.

Only Jesus is.

JLB

Perpetual virginity:

Mary had children after she gave birth to Jesus.

While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. Then one said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You.”
But He answered and said to the one who told Him, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.” Matthew 12:46-50

Jesus said that those who hear the word of God and obey it would be more blessed than Mary.

And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!”
But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” Luke 11:27-28

JLB

That may be the point you are making now, but when you posted you said and I quote…

You started this thread which is titled Exalt Mary and glorify God.

Mary is certainly not the Mother of God.

Mary is the mother of the flesh and blood Man Jesus Christ.

God is Spirit.

Mary gave birth to flesh.

For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5

Mary is not a mediator between God and man.

Only Jesus is.

JLB
Is your mother the mother of your body, your flesh and blood or the mother of your person?
Mary is the mother of the divine person of christ
Don’t confuse mother with source
There is only one mediator but that’s on the level of justice
Anyone can pray and sacrifice and intercede in the communion of saints
And Mary found favor Lk1:30
Mary consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mary was the faithful one Lk 1:45
Daughter of the father
Mother of the son
Spouse of the Holy Spirit
Thanks

Mary had children after she gave birth to Jesus.

While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. Then one said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You.”
But He answered and said to the one who told Him, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.” Matthew 12:46-50

Jesus said that those who hear the word of God and obey it would be more blessed than Mary.

And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!”
But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” Luke 11:27-28

JLB
Christ is exalting and glorifying Mary
She was faithful to the will of the father Lk 1:45

Does brothers really mean the same mother?
The 12 sons of Jacob were brothers but they had four different mothers!
Thanks

A good tree!

Biblical principle:

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

So Mary CANNOT be a sinner or a bad tree!

Mary’s throne is the throne of divine grace! Heb 4:16

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Found our Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

By Mary’s intercession Christ is presented to be worshipped by the angels, shepherds, and the kings at the stable! Cos Mary found the grace of our salvation! Lk 1:30

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mary found this grace! Lk 1:30
Mary believed for us! Lk 1:45
Mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mary found this grace! Lk 1:30
Mary believed for us! Lk 1:45
Mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

False!

Mary has zero to do with believing for us.

Mary gave birth to a flesh and blood baby.

The Man Jesus Christ is our salvation.

False!

Mary has zero to do with believing for us.

Mary gave birth to a flesh and blood baby.

The Man Jesus Christ is our salvation.
You believed 2000 years ago?
Eph 2:8 is past tense already done and it says it’s not your faith “not of yourselves “!
Thanks

You believed 2000 years ago?
Eph 2:8 is past tense already done and it says it’s not your faith “not of yourselves “!
Thanks

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

This passage has nothing to do with Mary believing for us or having faith for us.

JLB

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

This passage has nothing to do with Mary believing for us or having faith for us.

JLB
Then who’s faith is it referring too?

Ark of the new covenant!
The dwelling place of God!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
read exodus or any place in the Old Testament where something came into contact with God or was consecrated to the service of God it had to be pure and Holy!
And cannot be used for any common purpose!
In the ark was the word of God!
In Mary the new ark is the living Word!
In the ark was the mana!
In Mary was the bread come down from heaven! Jn 6
Bethlehem means house of bread!

Ex 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.

Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

2 Sam 6:2 And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the Lord of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.

Lk 1:39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

2 Sam 6:3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.

4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.

5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

2 Sam 6:16 And as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord;

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

2 Sam 6:9 And David was afraid of the Lord that day, and said, How shall the ark of the Lord come to me?

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

2 Sam 6:11 And the ark of the Lord continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the Lord blessed Obededom, and all his household.

Lk 1:56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

2 Sam 6:12 And it was told king David, saying, The Lord hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

Lk 1: 67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied…

King David took the ark of the covenant up to the earthly Jerusalem! 2 Sam 6:10

King Jesus takes the ark of the new covenant up to the heavenly Jerusalem! Rev 12:1

Biblically Mary is the royal and reigning queen mother!

In ancient Israel not kings wife but his mother was crowned queen!

1 kings 2:18 And Bathsheba said, Well; I will speak for thee unto the king.

19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

20 Then she said, I desire one small petition of thee; I pray thee, say me not nay. And the king said unto her, Ask on, my mother: for I will not say thee nay.

A Seat: throne
King bows in respect
Right hand position of authority equal to the king:

The queen received the petitions of the people and presented them to the king Her royal Son:

Lk 1:32-33 Christ is king:
Rev 12:1 Mary is His royal queen:

Song of Solomon 8:5 Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved? I raised thee up under the apple tree: there thy mother brought thee forth: there she brought thee forth that bare thee.

And the birth of our Saviour is one that Mary, herself, with her freewill, said "YES", and delivered salvation for all mankind. Lk 1:38

Death by eve:
Life by Mary:
Lk 1:30

Eve was of the First creation: carnal
Mary of the New creation: spiritual

Eve the cos of Sin and curse disobeyed God! Gen 3:12
Mary cos of salvation, Lk 1:30 & consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 obeyed God & found our salvation Lk 1:30

Eve mourned:
Mary rejoiced: Lk 1:46

Eve gave birth to the all sinners: mother of all the living. Gen 3:20
Mary to the savior of all men: mother of all living in Christ. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mary the mother of God! Lk 1:43

Eve brought punishment: gen 3:16
Mary salvation: Lk 1:30 & 38 Lk 2:30

Eve source of sin: gen 3:16
Mary source of grace: Lk 1:30 & 38

Eve brought death: gen 3:19
Mary life: Jn 1:16-17 & Jn 10:10

Eve only wounds & suffering: gen 3:19
Mary healing:

Eve infidelity: gen 3:6
Mary faithfulness: Lk 1:45

Eve offended the Lord: gen 3:6-7
Mary’s soul (being) doth magnify the Lord: Lk 1:46

Eve cursed: gen 3:17-19
Mary blessed: Lk 1:28

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women!
Lk 1:28

Sirach 24
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition

24 I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope.
25 In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue.
26 Come over to me, all ye that desire me, and be filled with my fruits.
27 For my spirit is sweet above honey, and my inheritance above honey and the honeycomb.
28 My memory is unto everlasting generations.
(I know this scripture is deleted by the tradition of men in the KJV)

The Dove, & rainbow signs of peace are types of Mary mother of our salvation who obtained peace for all men!

Song of Solomon 1:2
Smelling sweet of the best ointments. Thy name is as oil poured out: therefore young maidens have loved thee.
Oil heals and fuels the flame, and is the fruit of the olive (peace) so the name of Mary is our peace, and healing, and fire of divine love!

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

There is another point that Jesus is making when he says: what does it have to do with you and me? My hour hath not yet come. Indicating that when it does come Mary will have a prominent role to play. See Lk 2:35

Back