Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Extreme Anti-aging Techniques

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yeah, I think you found a snake in the hole one time too!
This was an electric only route .the only dangers there was the idiots on Indian river Blvd and the golf course and that one lone bathroom in the Google imagery you can't see as it sometimes would lock you in.

St James place has a house with a vicious rottie and he would bite .

The snake one I remember taking to toi about was probably the three black racers at the start of the old seagrove route .

I had to move fast on both as I had to pace myself at about 100 reads per hour . Oak harbor wasn't the longest eletric route that was the colonial terrace route where I had a community of about 100 reads at the start .

Wood duck ,those reddish buildings are Spanish revival .that had about 60 meters in that .I did not walk that out usually but I have .those I wish I took photos of the oaks there as it reminds me of old savannah,ga with it's Forsyth Park .

A friend my age is getting Botox. She hopes to have her eyelids lifted or something at 40. She’s also taking to her Botox doctor about fillers. And…

I dunno 🤷‍♂️ I try to at least act supportive when she calls. To me it seems like a really ridiculous but understandable reaction to ageism in her field…

A friend my age is getting Botox. She hopes to have her eyelids lifted or something at 40. She’s also taking to her Botox doctor about fillers. And…

I dunno 🤷‍♂️ I try to at least act supportive when she calls. To me it seems like a really ridiculous but understandable reaction to ageism in her field…
The thing with Botox that most people don't understand, is that it is meant to relax muscles and keep them from being used. What ends up happening, if it is done repeatedly for many years in the same muscles, is that those muscles will eventually atrophy, and a person will look much worse if they stop getting the injections than if they never began them in the first place. All those parts end up drooping.

And, of course few know that, since it could mean lost business if those injecting it actually said what happens in the long-run.

The thing with Botox that most people don't understand, is that it is meant to relax muscles and keep them from being used. What ends up happening, if it is done repeatedly for many years in the same muscles, is that those muscles will eventually atrophy, and a person will look much worse if they stop getting the injections than if they never began them in the first place. All those parts end up drooping.

And, of course few know that, since it could mean lost business if those injecting it actually said what happens in the long-run.
Botox is using a bacterium that causes botulism

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I understand rich and or famous people doing anti aging. My concern is that they are setting ridiculous standards that the vast majority of people won’t be able to afford at all. And…

The sort of anti aging this man and presumably some others with sufficient resources are doing involves more than the stuff dermatologists offer some people. I’m thinking if my friend with her Botox. It’s not all that remarkably effective and I worry that she and people like her will find nothing but frustration…

All the while helping reinforce ageism sexism and elitism and funding the sometimes shady side of dermatology and plastic surgery.

Extreme and expensive :eek2! What are your thoughts ?

How to Be 18 Years Old Again for Only $2 Million a Year

"Johnson, 45, is an ultrawealthy software entrepreneur who has more than 30 doctors and health experts monitoring his every bodily function. The team, led by 29-year-old regenerative medicine physician Oliver Zolman, has committed to help reverse the aging process in every one of Johnson’s organs. Zolman and Johnson obsessively read the scientific literature on aging and longevity and use Johnson as a guinea pig for the most promising treatments, tracking the results every way they know how. Getting the program up and running required an investment of several million dollars, including the costs of a medical suite at Johnson’s home in Venice, California. This year, he’s on track to spend at least $2 million on his body. He wants to have the brain, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, tendons, teeth, skin, hair, bladder, penis and rectum of an 18-year-old."
Vanity of vanities.... Playing God. And if one eats Biblically, nourishes their spirit as well, plenty of fresh air and sunshine with clean water and the like, it will do more for staying younger by obeying God than a man-made "solution". And as a side note here, I'm wondering why a 45-year-old wants to be a "young" 18-year-old? 45 IMO is still young enough that they should not be showing their age and otherwise needs to be young again unless they are not practicing what I just mentioned. Good grief; it sounds like this fellow would rather shellac a wilting flower up instead of watering it.

See Madonna ,while I question her soul salvation ,her appearance was once normal and quite attractive instead of aging gracefully .gah .

Add the sane to gwen Stefani who at my age 50 she didn't need to have surgery and did and wow looks worse .
The problem is they sell youthful vitaly and vanity and base their identity on it .

I seen it happen to several celebrity ladies. Meg Ryan used to be very attractive and they botched her and ruined her.

If a rich husband lets his Wife get all this plastic surgery that she may want, does she get less soft anf cuddly with each treatment? Slowly turning to plastic? Who would want that? Why? So they look good from a distance? Ok, i'll keep my distance!

I hardly even like any makeup on a woman because then it ruins their skin and they have to keep using makeup to cover it up.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

My friend has now talked to her doctor about fillers and a surgical procedure on her eyes once she hits 40.

I did some cursory research and…the overall effect in terms of looking younger…not so impressive. A recent study found that a full facelift could reduce the appearance of one’s age by 8 years maxing out at about 10 years with additional facial work thrown in…

So I’m trying to sound supportive and such while wondering what is going on? And what will happen when the tweaks don’t fix whatever the real problem is?

Back