Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Feminism - Let's just do it

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No and he obviously doesn't. But, blame must be attributed where it is deserving.

The holocaust of abortion is the direct result of feminism. Forty-five million babies ahve been aborted - murdered - on the altar of "equality". That, in and of itself is enough to condemn it in toto.
Abortion is the direct result of sex. To make a baby it takes male and female. One is not more to blame than the other.

You are making a lot of generalizations.... I am a woman i don't like shopping. Our monies are joint. You are way off base....

I tried working out side home when the kids were little it didnt work .... He could make more $$ so i stayed home.. later on i worked out side home..... Bills, yup bills, 57 vettes cost $$$ as do GTXs and camaros 56 ford pickups as do his kids (They were his as much as mine ). 32 fords ..bowling TVs Dirt bikes ( i got the old one :) ) Fishing gear..... Women are not the only ones who can run up bills... people run up bills mostly selfish dumb people... Most of us fit that description ever so often..

I dont know one woman who feels that way. But then i am 65 and the world is different.... What a bad attitude on women... What a shame i find yours and Joes thoughts so very sad....

Reba, you are old enough to have personally witnessed the rise in abortion, divorce, illegitimacy, teen suicide, teen crime and drug use. You are also old enough, as I am, to remember a time when these problems were present, but not crises as they are today.

Reba, you are old enough to remember, as I am, when hardly a single child in our respective elementary schools was illegitimate or from a broken home. You are old enough to remember when kids did not go home after school to an empty house, but to a mother who could encourage, console or just keep their lives ordered and safe.

I revere my mother and the women in my old neighborhood (Mrs. Pandel, Mrs. Combs, Mrs. Mason, Mrs. Johnson and scores of others) who were always there for us and protected us - because they were good wives and mothers who understood the greatest job God could ever give a woman was wife and mother. We were always safe because they were always there. We were protected from bullies because they were there. There was always safety because they were always there. We didn't commit suicide because they were always there to encourage and console. We didn't get abducted because they were always there - watching kids playing kickball even if they weren't their own.

This isn't about women, it's about an ideology that murdered more babies than the Nazis (but, not Marxists) through abortion. You know these things, Reba.

Male, 20's, attending university for sciences (Zoology & Physics; I've taken practically nothing outside those disciplines.)

Any particular reason you ask?

Just as I suspected - except for the male part (simply because your avatar seems feminine to me) - you are a child that knows nothing from personal experience before feminism except what you've been told.

You have no long-term view because you were born long after the dramatic - and evil - change was made to society. You know nothing other than what you've been told.

Where have i said different Roger?

You lay blame on women.... How about SOME of the blame, for working moms, being on the guy who wants toys. I dont believe it is one sided ( male /female) it is selfish human ungodly nature.

He is oblivious to it because it's all he has ever experienced.

Right you are! In a way he and others of his generation can be excused for their ignorance because they don't know the truth of an America before feminism when illegitimacy, divorce, teen suicide, teen crime, abortion were almost unheard of.

All children like him know is what they've been told by their parents - the goverment run re-education camps...er, the schools.

Where have i said different Roger?

You lay blame on women.... How about SOME of the blame, for working moms, being on the guy who wants toys. I dont believe it is one sided ( male /female) it is selfish human ungodly nature.

Dearest Reba, you're too busy taking offense and not paying enough attention to what I write. This thread is about feminism, not women. To the extent that most women today are feminists (because they've been indoctrinated) the two terms are mostly synonymous.

Do I blame women? Where applicable. The massive wave of change that so horribly "fundamentally change America" - in the words of the evil being in the White House - were largely driven by women.

That men do bad things is outside the scope of this thread and, although absolutely true, are irrelevant.

Right you are! In a way he and others of his generation can be excused for their ignorance because they don't know the truth of an America before feminism when illegitimacy, divorce, teen suicide, teen crime, abortion were almost unheard of.

All children like him know is what they've been told by their parents - the goverment run re-education camps...er, the schools.

I think the issues you've referred to go beyond 1 cause

I am sure the anger displayed here is teaching folks a lot.

Reba, there is a time and a place for such things even as Jesus displayed anger and used violence in the Temple.

I think - and you would too - that an ideology that has murdered 45 million babies, destroyed the family as an institution is probably deserving of anger and those defending it are deserving of being figuratively slapped down.

I am sure the anger displayed here is teaching folks a lot.

You know, you sound just like my Mom or the other Ladies in my old neighborhood when they broke up a minor scuffle between boys. This is yet another reason why women are important as a civilizing force.

But, as I said, there's a time and place for the display of wrath.

Dearest Reba, you're too busy taking offense and not paying enough attention to what I write. This thread is about feminism, not women. To the extent that most women today are feminists (because they've been indoctrinated) the two terms are mostly synonymous.

Do I blame women? Where applicable. The massive wave of change that so horribly "fundamentally change America" - in the words of the evil being in the White House - were largely driven by women.

That men do bad things is outside the scope of this thread and, although absolutely true, are irrelevant.

I do pay attention you come across as hate filled and angry.

You say to change America ... Think which sex was/is mostly in power at the time of this changing...

I think the issues you've referred to go beyond 1 cause

I agree with you. Cultural marxism encompassed more than one offensive against the social order. However, this thread is about feminism and feminism is one component of that destructive ideology. Feminism is the single greatest contributing factor.

I do pay attention you come across as hate filled and angry.

You say to change America ... Think which sex was/is mostly in power at the time of this changing...

Reba, Reba, Reba...that's what makes women truly good mothers - by His design. In Anglo-Saxon England, women were referred to as "peace weavers".

But, as I said, the anger is justifiable and needed. Be honest with me Reba, wouldn't most women have said the same thing of Jesus anger and violence in the temple? Come on, be honest with old Roger. ;)

As to whom is in change, America has an education, infotainment and governmental elite that is in the evil clutches of cultural marxists - some are women and some are men - as you well know.

I think - and you would too - that an ideology that has murdered 45 million babies, destroyed the family as an institution is probably deserving of anger and those defending it are deserving of being figuratively slapped down.

Trying to find a way to say what i wish politely ain't happening :nono2

I lay the trash of feminism at the feet of a Godless society. Those neighbourhood ladies you spoke of... How many went to church alone? Men got some idea that Christianity was sissy they stepped out of the picture. (meaning Christianity) That left the gate open. Just as Adam was not 'man enough' to stand against Eve... God put men in leadership rolls the men fail we get to many women running church stuff and it bled over to secular society....

Men fail to be godly men leaders etc.. and women fail to see Sarah as an example.

I think i will go ...:couch

But, as I said, the anger is justifiable and needed. Be honest with me Reba, wouldn't most women have said the same thing of Jesus anger and violence in the temple? Come on, be honest with old Roger. ;)
Not this one Roger but then i am weird....

I don't think feminism destroyed the family. The US has always had a higher divorce rate than many other similarly developed nations, dating back to the 19th century (which is amazing, considering how hard it was to divorce back then).

I forget all the reasons, but good ole fashioned American individualism (of which some forms of feminism are a logical outgrowth) is partly to blame. We don't have as many people connected to extended families or the larger community. We move around more. Relationships tend to be short-lived, shallow, and fragmented.

Factor in working ever increasing hours to sustain a certain standard of living, cultural acceptance of divorce and "alternative lifestyles," and how even the church has more or less accepted fragmented families as a part of modern life, and I think anyone can see that feminists (and there are all sorts of feminism and feminists, by the way) really isn't to blame.

The holocaust of abortion is the direct result of feminism. Forty-five million babies ahve been aborted - murdered - on the altar of "equality". That, in and of itself is enough to condemn it in toto.

More like the altar of "choice". If it men could somehow get pregnant and have abortions, no doubt the same excuse would be made for them--"but it's their choice!!"

I realize that they do try to make abortion into a women's rights issue, but if you ask me that's just them trying to get people to react to prolife efforts without using their goshdang brains. (I mean, that argument doesn't even make friggen sense if you think about it.)
They'll use any tactic that they know people will eat up without a second thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think feminism destroyed the family. The US has always had a higher divorce rate than many other similarly developed nations, dating back to the 19th century (which is amazing, considering how hard it was to divorce back then).

I forget all the reasons, but good ole fashioned American individualism (of which some forms of feminism are a logical outgrowth) is partly to blame. We don't have as many people connected to extended families or the larger community. We move around more. Relationships tend to be short-lived, shallow, and fragmented.

Factor in working ever increasing hours to sustain a certain standard of living, cultural acceptance of divorce and "alternative lifestyles," and how even the church has more or less accepted fragmented families as a part of modern life, and I think anyone can see that feminists (and there are all sorts of feminism and feminists, by the way) really isn't to blame.

Hadn't thought of that myself, but it makes sense. I'm pretty sure I agree with you.

Trying to find a way to say what i wish politely ain't happening :nono2

I lay the trash of feminism at the feet of a Godless society. Those neighbourhood ladies you spoke of... How many went to church alone? Men got some idea that Christianity was sissy they stepped out of the picture. (meaning Christianity) That left the gate open. Just as Adam was not 'man enough' to stand against Eve... God put men in leadership rolls the men fail we get to many women running church stuff and it bled over to secular society....

Men fail to be godly men leaders etc.. and women fail to see Sarah as an example.

I think i will go ...:couch

None of those ladies went to church alone, Reba. The men dressed in their "Sunday go-to-meeting clothes" and drove the wife and the kids to church and, yes, was right there with them.

Did men "step out of the picture" as you stated? Yes. Women broke the social contract and refused to be ladies (just as Eve was first in sin, desiring to have equality with God himself), therefore, men no longer felt they should be gentlemen - quite wrong, but understandable.

As far as Christianity being for "sissies", that didn't happen until cultural marxism (including the feminist component) portrayed it as such. Your own deliberate refusal to acknowledge that Jesus employed justified anger and physical violence when needed shows the real problem - women want a "sissy" Jesus instead of the masculine Jesus who stood up to the Pharisees, often insulting them, and used violence when it was called for.

Your final comment was absolutely opposite of reality. The secular feminization bled into the church - which was the last holdout of male leadership as well as scripturally commanded female obedience.

The point isn't that certain evils have always existed, but the level to which they exist at this time compared to the past, pre-feminism. Divorce and illegitimacy have always existed and in every society just as crime does. However, post-feminism we have 500% more than any previous period. That's the difference. Feminism didn't cause divorce, illegitimacy and a host of other social pathologies. It transformed it from a phenomena that affected a small proportion of society to being the norm for society a few decades later.

Yes, feminism is indeed to blame - whether you wish to admit it or not.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back