Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Fifty-Five Questions for Skeptics

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

AndyBern

Years ago, when I was building my apologetics library, I bought a short book by Bill Cetnar called “Questions for Jehovah Witnesses.” It contains photocopies of pages from various Watchtower publications, with questions for the Jehovah Witness to answer. If you’ve ever had visits from these people, you know you can’t teach them anything from the Bible. They just won’t listen. They’ll only accept what their organization teaches. But they do like to answer questions. For this reason, the approach used in this book works very well.

Atheists are also like Jehovah Witnesses: you can’t teach them anything from the Bible. But many atheists are willing to research evidence, so I put together a short book (more like a workbook) that uses a similar approach to reach the atheist, agnostic, and skeptic. It’s called “Fifty-Five Questions for Skeptics,” and it contains simple, straight-forward questions for the reader to research and answer. I want the reader to investigate the evidence for the existence of God and the inspiration of the Bible so he can come to faith on his own.

The questions in this book center around the modern-day restoration of Israel, and how it fulfills the prophecies written thousands of years earlier, with a special focus on determining the mathematical probabilities of the various parts of the prophecies. There are a lot of questions, some of which require research to answer, but they’re all necessary to show how strong the evidence is for the supernatural restoration of national Israel.

When speaking of fulfilled prophecy in the Bible, the skeptic digs in his heals and refuses to believe. He has a small cache of responses at his disposal to deflect any effort to change his mind such as “The prophecies were written after the events happened,” and “The prophecies can mean whatever you want them to mean.” None of these objects will work in this book. The questions deal with things that are common knowledge or the reader can prove outright. After working through to the end of the book, I let the reader come to his own conclusions, whatever that may be. I feel no need to pressure the reader to come to a decision because I believe the facts will speak for themselves. People learn much better when they see the truth for themselves rather than hear it from someone else. I believe anyone who goes through this book and earnestly tries to answer the questions will come to the conclusion that God exists and the Bible is His inspired word. From there, I encourage the reader to continue studying the Bible, and especially the claims of Jesus Christ.

I just made the book available today. It's available for free at: http://dtjsoft.com/55questions.pdf. Let me know what you think.http://dtjsoft.com/#facebook

Back