Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Forever Secure

Your theology says..you sin, then die of unreperntant said..you go to hell.

so I can say...you won't remain in Christ. Your theology sends people to hell,

Willful sin will cause God's judgment to be brought upon those who put the sacrifice of Christ on the cross to shame. Willful sin is saying, I can walk in disobedience to God and still remain in Christ and be saved in the end. The word of God says different as this makes us enemies of God.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Reactions: JLB
Your reasoning is too cut and dry.
You don't leave any room for God to decide for himself, you've already decided for him.

I would agree with you, but since my post contained only a passage from James and not a word from me, I will have to respectfully disagree with you sir.

JLB

I would agree with you, but since my post contained only a passage from James and not a word from me, I will have to respectfully disagree with you sir.

JLB
Well Mother Mary and Joseph!
What a surprise.
You disagree with me, sir.

JLB, the problem I have with that theology is that we often find ourselves not walking in the Spirit but rather according to our flesh.
This would mean we fall into and out of salvation all the time...or...there is a threshold we have to cross or accumulate as we walk in the flesh before we no longer have "no condemnation"

Hi Cygnus, nice to meet you!

I am not of the opinion that one sin at a particular point or even a series of sins in concert around a particular point of circumstance means one has lost their salvation. John tells us the it is the expectation that a believer should not sin (as opposed to the notion that one sins every day in word, thought and deed), but if we do sin, we have an advocate with the Father. (1Jn 2:1-2) John has already established that confession of sin will be responded to by God with forgiveness and purification of all sin and the continual maintaining of fellowship/relationship with the believer. (1Jn 1:9)

The loss of salvation will only occur in the loss of confession and advocacy, and thereby the loss of continuous cleansing. We are not under law, but grace, which means, in part, that God deals with us through compassion as a first response (or second or third) instead of condemnation (Rom 5:1). But if we persist in disobedience and rebellion, we too may be cut off the olive tree and destroyed. (Rom 11:17-24). Under law we are condemned by one sin, but under grace we are loved and disciplined toward correction, nouthesia.

Doug

Back