Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Four Things God Wants You to Know

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?
by Alan Yusko

Acts 16:30
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED, and thy house.

ALL HAVE SINNED

Romans 3:23
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Isaiah 64:6
6. But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

ALL MUST REPENT (BE SORRY FOR AND TURN AWAY FROM A LIFE OF SIN)

Isaiah 55:7
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Psalms 38:18
18 For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

Acts 3:19
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

SIN HAS A PENALTY

Ezekiel 18:20
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Romans 6:23
23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Revelation 20:15
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

THE LORD JESUS PAID THE PENALTY ON THE CROSS

Isaiah 53:4
4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

SALVATION IS A GIFT

Ephesians 2:8
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION (you are not promised tomorrow!)

2 Corinthians 6:2
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now [is] the accepted time; behold, now [is] the day of salvation.)

Hebrews 4:7
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

THE BIBLE SAYS

ALL HAVE SINNED:

Romans 3

SIN HAS A PENALTY:

Ezekiel 18
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Luke 13
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

JESUS PAID THE PENALTY:

Isaiah 53
4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

YOU MUST RECEIVE THE LORD JESUS:

John 1
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

Revelation 3
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

bibleberean said:
by Alan Yusko
Personally....I prefer what Jesus Christ (and the 'whole' Bible) has to say, OK ?
31 And they said, BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED, and thy house.
And....Believing in Jesus Christ requires, the intense and careful Bible study of what Jesus said and did, as found in the 4 gospels of Matthew , Mark, Luke and John.

ALL HAVE SINNED

6. But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
And....to understand what sin is.....one must know what the 10 commandments says (Exodus 20:3-17), as they reveal just exacly what is sin.
"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law", (1 John 3:4)

7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
AGAIN.....One must look into the Law of God, the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:3-17) to see where their personal sin is.
Because whithout knowledge of what the Bible defines as sin, one will continue sinning !
And the Bible tells us, the no man or woman, who continues in sin, will be allowed into heaven !
SIN HAS A PENALTY

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
AND......even the who believe themselves to be Christian can....be LOST...."Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21-23)

AND.....Jesus Christ paid the price for our 'PAST' sins (Romans 3:25), not our present sins, of future sins.
But that thru the power of God alone....we can live a life without committing any further sins (1 John 3:9).
SALVATION IS A GIFT
NOWHERE (in the Bible) will anyone, ever find a Bible verse, that says ...that Salvation is a gift !!!
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
Notice that only ...faith....and grace....are gifts of God.
[/quote] It is always best to finish the context of this Bible verse....
2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Stopping at verse 9, leaves the impression that works are not neccessary for salvation, which verse 10 tells us that the Christian is made for good works, thru the power of our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done,
(in our own human strenght)
but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
AND...the Holy Spirit tells us, in scripture, that the converted person obeys God's commandments, because the converted person loves Jesus Christ.

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
AND....Jesus said to someone who wanted eternal life....."And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew)

2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now [is] the accepted time; behold, now [is] the day of salvation.)
[quote:10576] Man is only granted a certain time of probation, in which to learn of God's plan of salvation and to comply with the conditions that must be met, before that probation time is ended.
[quote:10576]Hebrews 4:7
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
AND..the 7th day Sabbath (4th commandment) is but one of those conditions to be met, as Hebrews 4:4-11 explains.
THE BIBLE SAYS
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God...."(Hosea 4:6)
"The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple", (psalms 19:7)

These Bible verses blend perfectly, with the Bible texts below........

ALL HAVE SINNED:

Romans 3

SIN HAS A PENALTY:

Ezekiel 18

Luke 13

JESUS PAID THE PENALTY:

Isaiah 53

John 1
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

Revelation 3
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.[/quote:10576][/quote:10576]

bibleberean said:
by Alan Yusko
Personally....I prefer what Jesus Christ (and the 'whole' Bible) has to say, OK ?
And....Believing in Jesus Christ requires, the intense and careful Bible study of what Jesus said and did, as found in the 4 gospels of Matthew , Mark, Luke and John.

ALL HAVE SINNED

And....to understand what sin is.....one must know what the 10 commandments says (Exodus 20:3-17), as they reveal just exacly what is sin.
"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law", (1 John 3:4)

AGAIN.....One must look into the Law of God, the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:3-17) to see where their personal sin is.
Because whithout knowledge of what the Bible defines as sin, one will continue sinning !
And the Bible tells us, the no man or woman, who continues in sin, will be allowed into heaven !
SIN HAS A PENALTY

AND......even the who believe themselves to be Christian can....be LOST...."Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21-23)

AND.....Jesus Christ paid the price for our 'PAST' sins (Romans 3:25), not our present sins, of future sins.
But that thru the power of God alone....we can live a life without committing any further sins (1 John 3:9).
SALVATION IS A GIFT
NOWHERE (in the Bible) will anyone, ever find a Bible verse, that says ...that Salvation is a gift !!!
Notice that only ...faith....and grace....are gifts of God.
[/quote] It is always best to finish the context of this Bible verse....
2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Stopping at verse 9, leaves the impression that works are not neccessary for salvation, which verse 10 tells us that the Christian is made for good works, thru the power of our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done,
(in our own human strenght)
but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
AND...the Holy Spirit tells us, in scripture, that the converted person obeys God's commandments, because the converted person loves Jesus Christ.

AND....Jesus said to someone who wanted eternal life....."And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew)

[quote:bfeee] Man is only granted a certain time of probation, in which to learn of God's plan of salvation and to comply with the conditions that must be met, before that probation time is ended.
[quote:bfeee]Hebrews 4:7
AND..the 7th day Sabbath (4th commandment) is but one of those conditions to be met, as Hebrews 4:4-11 explains.
THE BIBLE SAYS
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God...."(Hosea 4:6)
"The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple", (psalms 19:7)

These Bible verses blend perfectly, with the Bible texts below........

ALL HAVE SINNED:

Romans 3

SIN HAS A PENALTY:

Ezekiel 18

Luke 13

JESUS PAID THE PENALTY:

Isaiah 53

John 1

Revelation 3
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.[/quote:bfeee][/quote:bfeee]

I have never posted obviously, although I read these post almost daily. I have a question for everyone in this discussion.

If we can lose our salvation because of sin will anybody make it to heaven?

Is there anyone here who does not sin at all? I thought Jesus was the only one to live a sin free life!

Are you saying we need to ask for forgiveness everyday or am I missing something.

To the OSAS christians are you saying we only need to accept Christ one time and never ask for forgiveness again?

I know these questions may sound elementary to many of you, but I am on the fence in this debate and desire to know more.

Thanks Lou

Where does it say in the bible that we are to ask for fogiveness?

Luke 11:2-4
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. 3 Give us day by day our daily bread. 4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Matthew 6:9-13
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

First and foremost when I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior, I was asking him for forgiveness of my sins. I believe that!

Where does it say in the bible that we are to ask for fogiveness?

This is exactly what I am trying to find out, In John 1:5-10 it seems to be saying that if we sin we are not in the light and should ask for forgiveness. I believe I am saved but I still sin, although as a christian I try to turn away from it and I am more sucessful in doing so, but by know means am I even close to where I would like to be.

So I am confused is it nessesary to ask God for forgiveness for sin after I have accepted Christ.

When I have sinned, the Holy Spirit convicts me and drives me to prayer and I always ask for forgiveness for affending God!

I hope this makes sense! I am searching for answers. Not trying to debate anyone.

True believers have eternal life because those who have placed their trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ receive a gift. A gift has no strings attached.

Believers suffer reward or loss of reward when they stand before the judgement seat of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Any man who states that he has no sin is a liar...

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

All men sin and all men are sinners. Salvation is to be saved from the wages of sin. If a man is saved by works then he does not need a Saviour.

1 Kings 8:46 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,)...

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gifts are not earned

Tract_Page_10_What_He_Did_GIF.gif

FREE GIFT

SALVATION IS A GIFT OFFERED TO ANYONE WHO WILL RECEIVE IT:
by Alan Yusko

Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

SALVATION IS NOT BY GOOD WORKS:

Titus 3: 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Isaiah 64: 6. But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Romans 5: 1. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

THE GIFT OF SALVATION IS ONLY THROUGH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST:

Matthew 7: 13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 14: 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4: 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

TO RECEIVE GOD'S GIFT REPENTANCE IS NECESSARY:

Repentance is admitting you are a sinner with a willingness to turn away from a life of sin and rebellion toward God.

Isaiah 55: 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Psalms 38: 18 For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

Acts 3: 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Acts 3: 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Luke 13: 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

TODAY IS THE DAY TO RECEIVE THIS GIFT FROM GOD:

2 Corinthians 6: 2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now [is] the accepted time; behold, now [is] the day of salvation.)

Proverbs 27: 1. Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.

1 Thessalonians 5: 9 FOR GOD HATH NOT APPOINTED US TO WRATH, BUT TO OBTAIN SALVATION BY OUT LORD JESUS CHRIST,

THE BIBLE SAYS:.....

ALL HAVE SINNED:

Romans 3: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Ezekiel 18: 20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

SIN HAS A PENALTY:

Luke 13: 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

THE LORD JESUS PAID THE PENALTY:

Romans 5: 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 1: 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

DISconect2 said:
Yes !
Those who have learned the power of God to enable a person to live a sinless life ...after conversion.
It has been done, and it will be done !
The Lord Jesus Christ is more powerful than satan's power over a person who yeilds to satan's suggestions, that it is impossible to live a life without committing sin.
I thought Jesus was the only one to live a sin free life!
Jesus Christ is our 'example' of how to rely upon God to live that sin. Jesus Christ came to earth to show us how it was to be done, and that is why the study of the Life of Christ as revealed in the 4 gospels is SOOO...important !
[/quote] Revelation 14:4,5,12 shows us that God has ad (and will have) a people who have gotten the victory over sin......
14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [being] the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

DISconect2 said:
Yes !
Those who have learned the power of God to enable a person to live a sinless life ...after conversion.
The Lord Jesus Christ is more powerful than satan's power over a person who yeilds to satan's suggestions, that it is impossible to live a life without committing sin.
Jesus Christ is our 'example' of how to rely upon God to live that sin. Jesus Christ came to earth to show us how it was to be done, and that is why the study of the Life of Christ as revealed in the 4 gospels is SOOO...important !
[/quote] Revelation 14:4,5,12 shows us that God has (and will have) a people who have gotten the victory over sin......
14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [being] the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

It is impossible to commit sin, if you are able to keep all 10 commandments, thru the power which Jesus Christ freely gives, which is called ...grace.

DISconect2 said:
Yes !
Jesus Christ is our 'example' of how to rely upon God to live that sinless life. Jesus Christ came to earth to show us how it was to be done, and that is why the study of the Life of Christ as revealed in the 4 gospels is SOOO...important !
[/quote] Revelation 14:4,5,12 shows us that God has (and will have) a people who have gotten the victory over sin......

It is impossible to commit sin, if you are able to keep all 10 commandments, thru the power which Jesus Christ freely gives, which is called ...grace.

Disconnect2 - Your life is not your own anymore. But you are made righteous in Christ Jesus. No one can say that they are sinless, if they do then they are a liar. But spiritually we are made spotless before God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you believe that Christ paid the penalty for sin? Do you have faith in his finished work on the cross or do you believe that YOU still have to work for your salvation and that Christ's work wasn't enough?

Bottome line is, you are saved by grace through faith. Faith in what? Your own works? Or Christ's finished work on the cross? The choice is yours! :)

I have thought and more importantly been praying about this!

I do not feel I can live a sin free life, what I do feel through prayer is God wants me to turn from my transgressions. If I fail, I do feel I need to humbly pray and apologize for affending God, and ask for the strength that only HE can arm me with, through JESUS CHRIST!

More shall be revealed!

I do not feel I can live a sin free life,

No one can!

what I do feel through prayer is God wants me to turn from my transgressions.

That's called repentence and the Holy Spirit led you to that point - go with it! But fall back into Jesus arms so he does the changing in you :)

If I fail, I do feel I need to humbly pray and apologize for affending God,

YOu will fail but you don't need to apologise for anything. What happens, when I fail is that I realise that NUMBER ONE I'm going it on my own, which is why I fail and NUMBER TWO that the Holy Spirit has led me to repentence through this conviction. And then God does the work because I have faith in him.

and ask for the strength that only HE can arm me with, through JESUS CHRIST!

Don't ask for it...BELIEVE IT! He is your strength.

When I See The Blood

by C.H. Spurgeon

GOD'S PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS SAFE. But God's people are only safe through the blood of Christ. They are bought with the precious blood of Christ. Nothing can hurt them because "the blood" is upon them. It was so that night in Egypt; God spared because He saw the blood-mark on the lintel and on the two side-posts. And so it is with us.

In the case of the Israelites, it was the blood of the paschal lamb. In our case, it is the blood of a divinely appointed victim. Jesus Christ did not come into this world unappointed. He was sent by His Father.

Sinner! The blood of Christ is well pleasing to God; for God Himself did send Christ to be the Redeemer and He Himself did lay upon Him the iniquity of us all. It was God's will that the blood of Jesus should be shed. Jesus is God's chosen Saviour for men. Sinner! He is able to save you.

Christ Jesus, like the lamb, was not only a divinely appointed victim, but he was spotless. Had there been one sin in Christ, He had not been capable of being our Saviour-but He was without sin. Turn, then, your eye to the cross and see Jesus bleeding there and dying for you. Remember, "For sins not His own, He died to atone." The blood of Jesus; is able to save thee because "He died, the Just for the unjust."

But some will say, "Whence has the blood of Christ such power to save?" Not only because God appointed that blood and because it was the blood of a spotless being, but because Christ Himself was God. If Christ were man only, there would be no efficacy in His blood to save.

The blood is once shed for the remission of sin. The paschal lamb was slain every year. But Christ, once for all, hath put away sin by the offering of Himself. He has said, "It is finished." Let that ring in thine ears.

For a moment, try to picture to yourself Christ on the cross. Lift now your eyes and see the three crosses upon that rising knoll. See in the center the thorn-crowned brow of Christ. See the hands nailed fast to the accursed tree! See His face, more marred than that of any other man. See it now as His head bows upon His bosom in the agonies of death! He was a real man, remember. It was a real cross. Do not think of these things as fancies and romance. There was such a being and He died as I describe it. Sit still a moment and think: "The blood of that Man, whom now I behold dying, must be my redemption. And if I would be saved, I must put my only trust in what He suffered for me." God says, "When I see the blood, I will pass over you. "

The blood of Christ-nothing but it can ever save the soul. If some foolish Israelite had despised the command of God and had said, "I will sprinkle something else upon the door posts," or, "I will adorn the lintel with jewels of gold and silver," he must have perished. Nothing could save his household but the sprinkled blood.

And, now, let us all remember that "Other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." My works, my prayers, my tears cannot save me. The blood, the blood alone, has power to redeem. Sacraments cannot save me. Nothing but the blood of Jesus has the slightest saving power. O you that are trusting in baptism, confirmation or the Lord's Supper-nothing but the blood can save.

I care not how right the ordinance, how true the form, how scriptural the practice: it is all vanity to you if you rely on it to save. God forbid that I should say a word against ordinances or against holy things-but keep them in their places. If you make them the basis of your soul's salvation, they are lighter than a shadow. There is not-I repeat it again-the slightest atom of saving power anywhere but in the blood of Jesus. That blood only has the power to save. The blood stands out the only rock of our salvation.

So jealous is God about this that anything you put with Christ, however good it is, becomes, from the fact of your putting it with Him, an accursed thing. And what is it that thou wouldst put with Christ? Thy good works? What! Wilt thou yoke a reptile with an angel-yoke thyself to the chariot of salvation with Christ? What are thy good works? Thy righteousnesses are "as filthy rags"-and shall filthy rags be joined to the spotless Christ? It must not be. Rely on Jesus only, and thou canst not perish. But, rely on anything with Him and thou are as surely condemned as if thou shouldst rely on thy sins. Jesus only-this is the rock of our salvation.

"Oh," says one, "I could trust in Christ if I felt my sins more." Sir, is thy repentance to be a part-Saviour? The blood is to save thee, not thy tears; Christ's death, not thy repentance. Thou art bidden this day to trust in Christ, not in thy feelings on account of sin. Many a man has been brought into great soul-distress because he has looked more at his repentance than at Christ:

Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone,
Thou must save and Thou alone.

"Nay" says another, "But I feel that I do not value the blood of Christ as I ought, and, therefore, I am afraid to believe." My friend, that is another insidious form of the same error. God does not say, "When I see your estimate of the blood of Christ I will pass over you." No, but, "When I see the blood. " It is not your estimate of that blood-it is the blood that saves you. As I said before, that magnificent, solitary blood must be alone.

"Nay" says another, "but if I had more faith then I should have hope." That, too, is a very deadly shape of the same evil. You are not saved by the efficacy of your faith but by the efficacy of the blood of Christ. I bid you believe, but I bid you not to look to your believing as the ground of your salvation. No man will go to heaven if he trusts to his own faith. You may as well trust to your own good works as trust to your own faith. Your faith cannot hang upon itself-it must hang on Christ. You must not think of your faith, but of Christ. Faith comes from meditation upon Christ. Turn, then, your eye, not upon faith but upon Jesus. It is not the efficacy of your believing in Him; it is the efficacy of His blood applied to you through the Spirit.

I do not know how sufficiently to follow Satan in all his windings into the human heart. But this I know-he is always trying to keep back this great truth: The blood, and the blood alone, has power to save.

"Oh," yet says another, "If I had such-and such an experience, then I could trust." Friend, it is not thine experience-it is the blood. God did not say, "When I see your experience," but, "When I see the blood of Christ." Acquire experience, cultivate the Christian graces. But, oh, do not put them where Christ's blood ought to be.

I hear Thy welcome voice
That calls me, Lord, to Thee
For cleansing in Thy precious Blood
That flowed on Calvary.
All hail, Atoning Blood!
All hail, Redeeming Grace!
All hail, the Gift of Christ, our Lord,
Our Strength and Righteousness.

C. H. SPURGEON

DISconect2 said:

I do not feel I can live a sin free life, what I do feel through prayer is God wants me to turn from my transgressions. If I fail, I do feel I need to humbly pray and apologize for affending God, and ask for the strength that only HE can arm me with, through JESUS CHRIST!

More shall be revealed!

Jesus Christ said: 'go and sin no more', (John 5:14 & 8:11).

1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God".

The Bible reveals to us that God has had a people who have done it....and a people who will do so again, thru the power which God supplies, which is called ....grace.

DON'T DIE..................Without the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour!!!
by Alan Yusko

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH TO A PERSON WHO HAS ACCEPTED THE LORD JESUS AS HIS SAVIOUR AND HAS RECEIVED THE GIFT OF FORGIVENESS AND ETERNAL LIFE

2 Corinthians 5: 6 Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Philippians 1: 21. For to me to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain. 22 But if I live in the flesh, this [is] the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

John 14: 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH TO A PERSON WHO HAS REJECTED THE LORD JESUS AS SAVIOUR AND DIED IN THEIR SINS?

John 8: 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.

Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Revelation 20: 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21: 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 14: 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

DO WE COME BACK AFTER DEATH?

Hebrews 9: 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Psalms 78: 39 For he remembered that they [were but] flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.

Job 7: 9 [As] the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no [more].

Isaiah 55: 6. SEEK YE THE LORD WHILE HE MAY BE FOUND, CALL YE UPON HIM WHILE HE IS NEAR: 7 LET THE WICKED FORSAKE HIS WAY, AND THE UNRIGHTEOUS MAN HIS THOUGHTS: AND LET HIM RETURN UNTO THE LORD, AND HE WILL HAVE MERCY UPON HIM; AND TO OUR GOD, FOR HE WILL ABUNDANTLY PARDON.

The Bible says:

ALL HAVE SINNED:

Romans 3: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

SIN HAS A PENALTY:

Ezekiel 18: 20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

THE LORD JESUS PAID THE PENALTY:

Romans 5: 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 1: 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

Jay T said:
DISconect2 said:

More shall be revealed!

Jesus Christ said: 'go and sin no more', (John 5:14 & 8:11).

1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God".

The Bible reveals to us that God has had a people who have done it....and a people who will do so again, thru the power which God supplies, which is called ....grace.
JT,
As long as you live in your corrupt, mortal sinful body you will sin. You are not sin free, and won't be until Jesus returns. Your new creature will not sin, but your old creature will continue to sin. You do not serve God all day long every day. You serve your flesh. Read Romans prayerfully for a full understanding. Paul is more spiritual than anyone I have ever known, and he recognizes the sin within his members, to the point that he calls himself a wretched man. Are you a wretched man?

"My flesh does what my spirit doesn't want to do"

"It's not I that sins but my flesh that does what I do not want to do"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back