Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Four Things God Wants You to Know

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
DIME Ministries said:
This is yet another reason why I can't believe in OSAS. There have to be so many passages "explained away" or hidden behind some theological wall.

Why not just read and accept all of Scripture for what it says?

I do read scripture and accept all of it for what it says.

Do you know what this verse means?

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

What applies to Israel doesn't necessarily apply to the church etc. etc.

You have been taught wrong...

bibleberean said:
DIME Ministries said:
This is yet another reason why I can't believe in OSAS. There have to be so many passages "explained away" or hidden behind some theological wall.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The end of Galatians and also in 1 Thessalonians give strict warnings to Christians that they could still be judged and condemned.

Galatians 5:19-21; 6:7-10
The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions, and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God...Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
It is God's will that you be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should take advantage of him. The LORD will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man, but God, who gives you His Holy Spirit.

Please tell me how these clear instructions (warnings) given to born-again Christans aren't a warning that they could still end up in the lake of fire.

DIME Ministries said:
bibleberean said:
[quote="DIME Ministries":28bd2]This is yet another reason why I can't believe in OSAS. There have to be so many passages "explained away" or hidden behind some theological wall.

The end of Galatians and also in 1 Thessalonians give strict warnings to Christians that they could still be judged and condemned.

Galatians 5:19-21; 6:7-10
The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions, and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God...Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
It is God's will that you be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should take advantage of him. The LORD will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man, but God, who gives you His Holy Spirit.

Please tell me how these clear instructions (warnings) given to born-again Christans aren't a warning that they could still end up in the lake of fire.[/quote:28bd2]

Simple... Every believer will appear before the Christ and will suffer reward of loss of reward for the works of his or her flesh.

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Christians are capable of sin but we are not to sin.

A true Christians salvation is dependent upon God's grace.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Romans 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

We can sin but we should not live any longer in sin.

Grace will abound but a true Chrisitian knows that sin harms his or her relationship with God.

in fact we know that their are Christian brothers who sin that we are not even to eat with.

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

1 Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

There are those in the body of Christ which may or may not be saved but either way we are not to fellowship until that errant brother be restored.

There is absolutely nothing that can separate a true believer from Christ.

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There is nothing that can separate me from Christ.

I feel sorry for people who believe they can lose what they didn't deserve and couldn't keep in the first place.

Salvation is a gift not a earned or kept reward for our own righteousness.

We are all sinners saved by grace. The only thing that separates believers from non -believers is grace through faith.

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Belief and child like faith in the gospel is all that can save a man.

It is God who will keep us until that day.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Question:

How many lies does it take to make a man a liar?

Answer:

One

Question:

How many sins does a man have to commit before he is considered a sinner?

Answer:

One

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Every man that ever lived deserves to be in the lake of fire.

It is unmerited grace received by believing on Christ that saves us from our just reward.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

BB, what you are doing is taking a few verses that seem to prove your position, and then form your doctrine from just those verses.

And then any passage that seems to disagree with your position, you ignore, demote, or deny so that you can continue to believe what is comfortable.

Try again. Tell me how Paul (God speaking through Paul) can warn born-again, saved by grace, Christians that they can still end up not entering God's kingdom and OSAS to be true at the same time.

I never downplay scripture to make myself feel comfortable!

True Believers according to the Scriptures, are forever saved and eternally secure for the following reasons:

Believers are born, again of incorruptible seed which results in the fruit of everlasting life (1 Peter 1:23) and are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30; Romans 8:23).

Believers stand in the sight of God clothed in the imputed (credited) righteousness of Christ, and not in their own (2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 5:19-21).

God's sheep have been given eternal life-they shall never perish (John 10:28).

Believers have eternal life and are forever hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:1-3).

Believers have been delivered from the wrath to come (1 Thessalonians 1:9,10; 5:8-10).

Believers are already seated in the heavenlies in Christ (Ephesians 1:3; 2:6).

All penalty for all sin has been forever settled through the perfect and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 4:23-5:2; 5:6-9).

Loss of reward at the Judgment Seat of Christ is certain for sinful and selfish Christians, but not loss of salvation (1 Corinthians 3:10-15).

God rebukes and punishes His children evn to the point of taking taking the physical lives of those who refuse their Heavenly Father's correction (Hebrews 12:6-11; 1 Corinthians 5:1-5; 11:28-32).

Born again believers are kept by the power of God, through faith, not through the efforts or the works of the one who is saved. (1 Peter 1 :5).

The Lord knoweth them that are His; false professors and Christians in name only will be revealed as such at the White Throne Judgment (2 Timothy 2:19; Revelation 20:11-15; Matthew 7:21-23).

God is the one Who has begun the good work in the believer, and He has promised to perform it until the day of Jesus Christ; they are to "work out," not "work for" their salvation (Philippians 1:6; 2:12,13).

Believers are in the present living stones in the spiritual building of God of which Christ Himself is the Chief Cornerstone (1 Peter 2:5; Ephesians 2:20-22).

All true believers are members of the Body of Christ, each member has a particular function and without each member, the Body would not be complete (1 Corinthians 12:12-27).

Born again believers are kept by the power of God, through faith, not through the efforts or the works of the one who is saved. (1 Peter 1 :5).

True believers are incorruptible, and have everlasting inheritance is reserved for them by God. (1 Peter 1 :1-4).

They are God the Father's irrevocable gift to God the Son (John 17:6,7).
By one offering He hath perfected forever them that are sanctified (Hebrews 10:10-14).

Backsliding is a sin, but the blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son, cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1 :7-9)

He is able to save them to the uttermost because Christ "ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25).
Believers put their complete trust upon Christ and are made "accepted in the Beloved" (Ephesians 1:6).

Nothing can separate Believers from the love of Christ (Romans 8:38-39).
Once "born again" a believer cannot be unborn (John 3:6-8).
Jesus dwells in them for ever (2 John 2).

No man can pluck the Christian out of His Father's hand, and that must include the believer himself (John 10:29).

No believer who is justified and finally glorified can be lost along the way (Romans 8:28-30).

Paul states that In the the flesh dwelleth no good thing; believers are saved by grace (unmerited favor) and not by their own works (Ephesians 2:8, 9).

The gifts and calling of God are without repentance; God will never annul or go back on His promise nor will He cast out those who have come unto Him through Christ (Romans 11:29; John 6:37; 17:2).

In short I can know without a shadow of a doubt I am saved and that my salvation is not dependent upon me or any effort on my part.

Those who believe other wise have another Jesus another Gospel until they realize their error and understand that they can bring nothing to the finished sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

Theire erroneous teachings are the same as those of the harlot church of Rome who also claim that no man can be saved without sacraments are his own works.

A true believers faith is in the finished work of Christ period.

The work is finished. A simple English dictionary will give illumination to what the word finished means.

If lying can place a man in the lake of fire then what hope has any man?

According to the teachings of the "once saved(maybe) kinda saved" crowd if a man tells a lie and then dies suddenly of a heart attack without repenting that person is lost because all liars have their part in the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

According to logic of the kinda saved crowd a man who dies suddenly after having a lustful thought without repenting then that person is going to burn in the lake of fire.

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

How much sin does it take for a "kinda born again believer" to lose his or her salvation?

bibleberean said:
I never downplay scripture to make myself feel comfortable!
This is my third request for you to answer my statement.

Paul told born-again Christians that they could still end up in hell.

WHY would Paul do this if we are unconditionally secure?

bibleberean,

this has always confused me.

Paul says in:

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

But then, when Jesus had the last supper, Judas was present. And in the bible even the Pharasee's questioned the types of people Jesus hung out with.

So what about the company Jesus was in?

Hello Relic: the operative portion of that passage is underlined below:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner
The word in Greek is adelphos, meaning Christian brother. What Paul is saying is don't fellowship with
1. hypocrites or
2. antinomians- ie, those who flagrantly disregarded the commandments of God, presuming upon their freedom in Christ.

The whole counsel of God makes it clear that we do not turn our backs on those brothers who stumble (James says that if anyone stumbles, those who are spiritual should restore such a one), nor does it mean that we are to avoid the sinners of the world (we are told rather to win them through love and good conduct).

It is the immoral and loveless so-called brother that we are to avoid.

O.C.

I thought this would be a good place to bring this up. I heard this sermon today, April 10 th, on a local radio broadcast, and thought I would share it. In it are more reasons why people should look to Jesus for salvation.

This sermon is about the truths and fallacies of hell. A subject not many churches these days will talk about.

It's entitled:
The Shocking Surprises That Await Millions
by, Dr. Richard Powers
(senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church, Brunswick, Oh)

http://gbcheartline.org/sermons/audio/20050410-2.ram

Based on Luke 12:4-5 and the importance to know what eternity in hell is like as opposed to eternity in heaven with Christ Jesus.

Choose wisely. Don't reject Jesus. Accept Him instead.

Orthodox Christian said:
Hello Relic: the operative portion of that passage is underlined below:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner
The word in Greek is adelphos, meaning Christian brother. What Paul is saying is don't fellowship with
1. hypocrites or
2. antinomians- ie, those who flagrantly disregarded the commandments of God, presuming upon their freedom in Christ.

The whole counsel of God makes it clear that we do not turn our backs on those brothers who stumble (James says that if anyone stumbles, those who are spiritual should restore such a one), nor does it mean that we are to avoid the sinners of the world (we are told rather to win them through love and good conduct).

It is the immoral and loveless so-called brother that we are to avoid.

O.C.

Yes, I understand that.

But it still doesn't clarify for me what I was asking.
sorry. Dont' mean to confus the issure.

Judas was such a brother, was he not?
He betrayed Jesus. But yet, Jesus had that last supper with Judas in the room, eating food with them all. So how is it that Paul writes such words?

If you are you saying that we are to "not take on the sin they commit to" ... Then of course, that is not misunderstood, by no means. But to not eat with them because they are sinners? .... That is what I don't understand, because Jesus ate with Judas, the very one who betrayed him. Let alone Peter, who did so on another level. Jesus knew they would betray him. But yet, he shared meals with them.

So, what Paul wrote still leaves me in a quandry. :-?

Relic said:
bibleberean,

Paul says in:

But then, when Jesus had the last supper, Judas was present. And in the bible even the Pharasee's questioned the types of people Jesus hung out with.

Jesus called sinners to repentance these were lost souls who needed to hear the message of repentance and have a change of heart.

For instance...

Luke 19:2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.

Luke 19:4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.

Luke 19:5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

Luke 19:6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

Luke 19:7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

Luke 19:8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

Luke 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to "go and sin no more"

A Christian who refuses to repent needs to be rejected until he or she is restored. That is why Paul is stating that we should not even eat with someone "called a brother" who is blatantly living in sin and refuses to repent...

We must not be partakers with them by acting as though every thing is alright when it isn't.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Calling sinners to repentance and fellowshipping with those who are blatantly living in sin are two separate things.

Hope this helps get you out of your quandry...

About Salvation and Becoming Born Again

John 3: 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3: 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1 Peter 1: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

2 Corinthians 5: 17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This is what happens to a person that is not born again.

John 8: 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.

John 3: 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

1 John 5: 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

The Fate of Those not born again

Revelation 20: 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21: 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 14: 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

What the Lord Jesus Christ did for us on the cross

Isaiah 53: 5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 John 1: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Romans 5: 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Steps to being born again

Revelation 3: 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

John 1: 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Come to Christ by believing the gospel and receive the free gift of eternal life

Acts 16: 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Do not add sacraments, good works or even the law to the gospel or it becomes a false gospel, another gospel and a perverted one.

Galatians 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Galatians 1:5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Galatians 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

This is the knowledge that saves

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Although Satan knows the gospel too he is not saved. He does not love the truth.

People that know the truth but reject it have never been born again...

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Embrace the truth and call upon Christ and be saved today.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

You can have eternal life and know it.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

4th request.

Paul repeatedly told born-again Christians that they could still end up in hell.

DIME Ministries said:
4th request.

Paul repeatedly told born-again Christians that they could still end up in hell.

I have already answered you. You just won't see it. Not my problem...

bibleberean said:

From the Peoples Gospel Hour.

1. You Need To Be Saved

"Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

"There is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not." (Ecclesiastes 7:20)

"We are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags." (Isaiah 64:6)

2. You Cannot Save Yourself

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us." (Titus 3:5)

"By the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Galatians 2:16)

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." (James 2:10)

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12)

3. Jesus Has Already Provided For Your Salvation

"Who [Jesus] his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness." (1 Peter 2:24)

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God." (1 Peter 3:18)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

4. Jesus Will Enable You to Overcome Temptation

"The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished." (2 Peter 2:9)

"If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Your Part:

1. Repent (Turn from your sins)

"Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:3)

2. Believe

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." (Acts 16:31)

3. Do It Now

"Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near." (Isaiah 55:6)

"Behold, now is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 6:2)

"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation?" (Hebrews 2:3)

4. Remember

"Every one of us shall give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:12)

"It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." (Hebrews9:27)

"But he that believeth on him...shall not come into judgment." (John 5:24)

"Choose you this day whom ye will serve." (Joshua 24:15)

These 4 things are very important...

bibleberean said:
DIME Ministries said:
4th request.

I have already answered you. You just won't see it. Not my problem...
Please post it again, I must have missed it. Sorry. :)

bibleberean said:
Relic said:
bibleberean,

Paul says in:

Jesus called sinners to repentance these were lost souls who needed to hear the message of repentance and have a change of heart.

For instance...

Luke 19:2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.

Luke 19:4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.

Luke 19:5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

Luke 19:6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

Luke 19:7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

Luke 19:8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

Luke 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to "go and sin no more"

A Christian who refuses to repent needs to be rejected until he or she is restored. That is why Paul is stating that we should not even eat with someone "called a brother" who is blatantly living in sin and refuses to repent...

We must not be partakers with them by acting as though every thing is alright when it isn't.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Calling sinners to repentance and fellowshipping with those who are blatantly living in sin are two separate things.

Hope this helps get you out of your quandry...

Here is another passage which may help...

1 Corinthians 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

1 Corinthians 5:2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

1 Corinthians 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Late this man is believed to have been restored.

2 Corinthians 2:6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.

2 Corinthians 2:7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

2 Corinthians 2:8 Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.

2 Corinthians 2:9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.

The man was restored when he was no longer practicing fornication.

Does this make it clearer?

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." -1 Timothy 1:15

Sinners%20Only.jpg

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Galatians 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

1 John 5:12-13

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back