Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fox News Poll: Most Americans think Trump lacks "mental fitness" to be president.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Not me and I would say I am not alone .
You're not alone, but you're in a distinct minority:

52948613479_9350556bd9_o.jpg

Later link is CNN wow
The Affordable Care Act was for people who would not otherwise have health coverage. It's not a middle-class program.

There is some effort being made to make it applicable to middle-class people with higher incomes, but it probably won't happen any time soon.

Key takeaways:
  • The Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, gives most uninsured people in the U.S. access to health insurance as long as they are U.S. citizens who live in the country, are not incarcerated, and are not covered by Medicare.
  • Under Obamacare, consumers who earn limited income qualify for financial assistance that will reduce their health insurance and healthcare costs.
  • In some states, Obamacare has expanded the number of people who are eligible for Medicaid.

Republicans are strongly opposed to providing coverage for middle-class people.

So if the state folds and has to go into congressional recievership they will still have better roads .
For example, Alabama gets a net income from federal taxes for roads. Illinois has a net loss; it pays in more than it gets. And some of that money goes to state welfare for Alabama.
You literally are arguing blue states have better roads and bridges and utilities in all cases then red ones
No. Depends on what they think of roads. I'm just pointing out that blue states generally pay more to the federal government than they get back, and it tends to be the reverse for red states that get more than they pay in. Illinois is paying welfare for those states.
News flash Florida doesn't acknowledge Illinois water treatment licensing
Maybe so. As I pointed out, Florida takes less state welfare than most red states.

But the reverse isn't the case . California Texas and my state have highest water and sewer license standard .
Could be. Sounds more like spending priorities to me.
My point was to verify what maygodheal was saying
He pays more taxes and sees no improvement.i would be mad too.im not even against grants but imagine paying more and more and getting less and you have no choice
I hope he never goes grocery shopping.

My point was to verify what maygodheal was saying
He pays more taxes and sees no improvement.i would be mad too.im not even against grants but imagine paying more and more and getting less and you have no choice

I worked and payed taxes during lockdown while the government spent large and gave big business subsidies who profit and for people to stay home and play computer games. Now I have to pay back that debt.

Other people spend and you pay it back, with interest of course.

I guess the people are paying back those big business subsidies who profit large off the people and the CEO is on a million dollar salary.

For example, Alabama gets a net income from federal taxes for roads. Illinois has a net loss; it pays in more than it gets. And some of that money goes to state welfare for Alabama.

No. Depends on what they think of roads. I'm just pointing out that blue states generally pay more to the federal government than they get back, and it tends to be the reverse for red states that get more than they pay in. Illinois is paying welfare for those states.

Maybe so. As I pointed out, Florida takes less state welfare than most red states.

Could be. Sounds more like spending priorities to me.

I hope he never goes grocery shopping.
You missing my point .the state is taking money and it's not fixing any roads but paying it's pensions they can't print bonds.

Water treatment licenses are not based on money but who set the standards and other states meeting them or not

Can't buy a well ,drill it serve more then you in my state without the state license .

According to barbarian this is why the state swimming in money .

The state doesn't collect federal taxes.

It's amazing when I see the cost of fixing a slice of road, after all the meetings and lunches and consulting, to fill a small pothole will probably cost like 20 million through the government contractor.

Why are there so many safety road cones?. They are rented by council at the rwte payers expense. It's like a mile of road safety cones both directions for someone to work on a bot of road like a foot long. Well not someone filling the hole, more like 10 people, 1 person acturally working while the other 9 stand there and watch.

You missing my point .the state is taking money and it's not fixing any roads but paying it's pensions they can't print bonds.
I've heard that Florida is having some problems in that respect.

An underappreciated aspect of the need for infrastructure investment is population growth.

The state already has 408 bridges and over 3,564 miles of highway in poor condition. We can’t expect our highways to weather the increased load.

The infrastructure bill will provide at least $13 billion in federal funds to improve Florida’s highways and another $245 million for bridge replacement and repairs over five years.

The investment is urgently needed because every delay just runs up the cost for Floridians along with every American taxpayer. In 2019, Americans lost 99 hours throughout the year due to traffic congestion with an average cost of $1,377. Seven of the 50 worst commutes in the United States are right here in Florida.

That’s productive time wasted, and it causes a drain on our economy. But it isn’t bad just because it takes longer to get to work, childcare, or to the doctor — it’s also more expensive in the long run.

Illinois...

Illinois to Improve Highways in $34.6 Billion Program

That doesn't mean that every person who supports Trump is evil, or even that every person who supports Putin against America is evil. But it is foolish.

Its also then foolish to support these evil presidents (politicans) that act all goody goody but do evil behind people's backs. A president doesnt use health coverage to tax people, doesnt destroy gas engines to force people to buy new, a president doesnt use high gas prices to push an agenda or target the 1% that still buys incandescent bulbs or whatever it is.

Point is these greedy politicians have too much power, control over the American people and greed is a bad sin. Why anyone with a conscious would support these politicians is beyond me. They've fooled you and you don't even see it. I see it. Others see it. Can't ever move forward when these people continue to destroy our values, morals and integrity.

Its hopeless...

I've heard that Florida is having some problems in that respect.

An underappreciated aspect of the need for infrastructure investment is population growth.

The state already has 408 bridges and over 3,564 miles of highway in poor condition. We can’t expect our highways to weather the increased load.

The infrastructure bill will provide at least $13 billion in federal funds to improve Florida’s highways and another $245 million for bridge replacement and repairs over five years.

The investment is urgently needed because every delay just runs up the cost for Floridians along with every American taxpayer. In 2019, Americans lost 99 hours throughout the year due to traffic congestion with an average cost of $1,377. Seven of the 50 worst commutes in the United States are right here in Florida.

That’s productive time wasted, and it causes a drain on our economy. But it isn’t bad just because it takes longer to get to work, childcare, or to the doctor — it’s also more expensive in the long run.

Illinois...

Illinois to Improve Highways in $34.6 Billion Program

2022 .I mentioned that .

Don't assume that I'm not but given waste and all that money paid it should be better.

I
But no one
Should complain about a sway bridge built at a creek costing millions and only has one lane.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back