Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

FREE WILL

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So I guess the knot is...
I have not thought I was created in
HIS image but that Adam was.
But that I was born in ADAM'S deformed image....because it says, and then Adam had a son born in his own image and named him Seth.

It has seemed to me tht when people say we were created in HIS image, it gives them warm, gooey....tender feelings for themselves as if there is anything good in them or as if they are special instead of the deformed and crippled beast that I feel I am. (Or was...)

Knots Knots who's there? ;)

Jennie

Jennie who

I dont know I'm dreaming
i dream of jeanie,,lol

that was filmed in part near the cape, on a base called patrick air force base. the buildings are still there. and there was a sign on that base that marked the area where filmed.

So I guess the knot is...
I have not thought I was created in
HIS image but that Adam was.
But that I was born in ADAM'S deformed image....because it says, and then Adam had a son born in his own image and named him Seth.

It has seemed to me tht when people say we were created in HIS image, it gives them warm, gooey....tender feelings for themselves as if there is anything good in them or as if they are special instead of the deformed and crippled beast that I feel I am. (Or was...)

We take on the nature of our father. In the case of Christians, it is according to a new birth from above by the will of God. In this way HIS nature is placed within us. God becomes our father in this way!

So when we surrender our old lives to God, He crucifies it in order to let the new life shine through.

Unless a grain of wheat dies....

So the husk that is over our hearts is broken to let the new life out! :)

But pain will be experienced! :sad

jennie, have you asked GOD to teach you?

it works. trust me . i was talking to a brother and he goes through what i went through. where the hs will have him jump to other books and chapters and link them together.

that is how i can remember certain verses and where they are and what doctrine they support. though that doesnt always mean i cant be off. i am not five point calvinist. i accept free will, but its not a free will without consequences.
i dont want to confuse what i am saying with the calvinist views here as you are way to young in christ.

my views on freewill arent that far from calvin.

We take on the nature of our father. In the case of Christians, it is according to a new birth from above by the will of God. In this way HIS nature is placed within us. God becomes our father in this way!

So when we surrender our old lives to God, He crucifies it in order to let the new life shine through.

Unless a grain of wheat dies....

So the husk that is over our hearts is broken to let the new life out! :)

But pain will be experienced! :sad

Oh yes, Adullam!!!
I know this!!
It is the most amazing miracle!
But they say it as if in our literal, human birth that we are born in His image! They say: All men are born in God's image. And I think: well...I sure wasn't!

Oh yes, Adullam!!!
I know this!!
It is the most amazing miracle!
But they say it as if in our literal, human birth that we are born in His image! They say: All men are born in God's image. And I think: well...I sure wasn't!
men have warped form of God's image, till regenerated in christ. you as christian now have the image of God.

men have warped form of God's image, till regenerated in christ. you as christian now have the image of God.

I am probably just being too picky.
I judt can't accept that I was born in a warped form of His image.
I rather think I was born in satans image.
But like I said, I am probably just being too picky.
I guess it is that....I feel if it was just warped, He could fix it and I could remain.
But I am not allowed to remain. All of me has to go.
That is not really a warped board to me but rather a house where ALL the boards are warped. Not one of them needs to be replaced, but all of them.

If I had had His Spirit in me but lying dormant, I could maybe accept it...

Hi there,

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" 2 Peter 3:9

It is the Lords will that "all" should come to repentance, but we know that not all will come. If there was no such thing as freewill, then God's will would prevail here and all wouldl be saved. Also, if there is no such thing as freewill, what is the job of the devil, why does he try so hard to get us to sin?

God Bless,

Natasha

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

We are not created in the same way Adam & Eve were. They were created we are hatched!

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I am probably just being too picky.
I judt can't accept that I was born in a warped form of His image.
I rather think I was born in satans image.
But like I said, I am probably just being too picky.
I guess it is that....I feel if it was just warped, He could fix it and I could remain.
But I am not allowed to remain. All of me has to go.
That is not really a warped board to me but rather a house where ALL the boards are warped. Not one of them needs to be replaced, but all of them.

If I had had His Spirit in me but lying dormant, I could maybe accept it...

are you a christian, saved?

Allow me to just address the OP. If what I say has already been said, than oops...
I have gotten myself tied up in some knots regarding "free will."
Coming here is smart, but also don't forget you have the invaluable resource of God at your disposal!!!

Here is what seems to be my problem:
We are all born blind to God. I was born this way, same as everyone else.
Uh, Romans 1 would lead us to believe otherwise. We may become blind to God, but we are not born blind to God. We become blind through culture and society. Do you think that in a entirely Christian community a child is raised not knowing God? Nope, that child knows God. An interesting psychology experiment found that children are more in tune with the spiritual side of life than the average adult. Jesus declared His great love for children because He knew that they see without needing "evidence". It is only as we become older and more skeptical (and of course, society puts our blinders on) that we become blind to God.

I feel that this pretty much makes your remaining questions either answered or obsolete, however I shall continue anyways :biggrin

So when I hear someone say to another that they have willfully chosen to reject God, it bothers me.

It is like saying....free will is this good thing that we have within our SELVES and we use it to find God. But there is nothing good in us...
They willfully choose sin because they live in a Christian culture yet decide to abhor it. Furthermore, Romans 1 comes in handy once more!!! Let's quote it this time, shall we?

Romans 1:
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
It is made clear that people CHOSE to turn from God in this passage of scripture.

I don't THINK I used free will.....
One day, I just suddenly SAW that He WAS.
I seriously doubt it, for the Bible reads that we must OPEN the door at Jesus' knocking. Jesus is not a petty thief, he does not steal hearts or break down the door tot he heart! He knocks and only enters when invited!

I guess I am thinking if there is any such thing as free will, it must only come into play AFTER He has cured our blindness...
If anything this is backwards. We have free will before Jesus comes into our lives and when He comes we give our lives to Him, and allow Him to steer us in the correct course. We freely give reign of our lives to Him for in exchange He gives us all the joys in the world. :clap:clap:clap

Allow me to just address the OP. If what I say has already been said, than oops...
Coming here is smart, but also don't forget you have the invaluable resource of God at your disposal!!!

Uh, Romans 1 would lead us to believe otherwise. We may become blind to God, but we are not born blind to God. We become blind through culture and society. Do you think that in a entirely Christian community a child is raised not knowing God? Nope, that child knows God. An interesting psychology experiment found that children are more in tune with the spiritual side of life than the average adult. Jesus declared His great love for children because He knew that they see without needing "evidence". It is only as we become older and more skeptical (and of course, society puts our blinders on) that we become blind to God.

I feel that this pretty much makes your remaining questions either answered or obsolete, however I shall continue anyways :biggrin

They willfully choose sin because they live in a Christian culture yet decide to abhor it. Furthermore, Romans 1 comes in handy once more!!! Let's quote it this time, shall we?
Romans 1:
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
It is made clear that people CHOSE to turn from God in this passage of scripture.

I seriously doubt it, for the Bible reads that we must OPEN the door at Jesus' knocking. Jesus is not a petty thief, he does not steal hearts or break down the door tot he heart! He knocks and only enters when invited!

If anything this is backwards. We have free will before Jesus comes into our lives and when He comes we give our lives to Him, and allow Him to steer us in the correct course. We freely give reign of our lives to Him for in exchange He gives us all the joys in the world. :clap:clap:clap

It isn't wise to try to put God in a box! :shame

jennie, have you asked GOD to teach you?

it works. trust me . i was talking to a brother and he goes through what i went through. where the hs will have him jump to other books and chapters and link them together.

that is how i can remember certain verses and where they are and what doctrine they support. though that doesnt always mean i cant be off. i am not five point calvinist. i accept free will, but its not a free will without consequences.
i dont want to confuse what i am saying with the calvinist views here as you are way to young in christ.

my views on freewill arent that far from calvin.

Oh yes, Jason!
I have asked Him to teach me because I would have even MORE knots if He did not! And then, I would REALLY work poor Reba to death!:)

But I become impatient sometimes and wish He would answer all of my questions at once, so I ask here because of impatience....uh....not good, huh? I will stop. I have to wait for Him.

I met Him five years ago. I would think I'm not a baby anymore, but I guess I am.
Maybe these things I get knotted on aren't even important...Mom says I am just annoying the way I must always pick everything to death and take it all apart to see how it works. I don't know why I can't stop doing it.

Hitch, I am working through that website you gave me. Thanks.

Huh? Who put Him in a box? I didn't even know they made boxes that could hold God... :confused

Statements such as...

I seriously doubt it,
If anything this is backwards

...said to someone who is sharing her testimony is not called for in the least! God does not follow our ideas or is He limited to our musings!

As we LISTEN to others we may gain an appreciation for the wonderful things that God is doing...even if these particular things have not happened to us. ;)

Oh yes, Jason!
I have asked Him to teach me because I would have even MORE knots if He did not! And then, I would REALLY work poor Reba to death!:)

But I become impatient sometimes and wish He would answer all of my questions at once, so I ask here because of impatience....uh....not good, huh? I will stop. I have to wait for Him.

I met Him five years ago. I would think I'm not a baby anymore, but I guess I am.
Maybe these things I get knotted on aren't even important...Mom says I am just annoying the way I must always pick everything to death and take it all apart to see how it works. I don't know why I can't stop doing it.

Hitch, I am working through that website you gave me. Thanks.
:lolwelcome to theology 101, its never really simple. you must learn to decide what fits the model with the most logically done with solo scriputura.

you will find out how biased you are in time. elsewhere i have some questions from an anti-calvinist(not on this forum).

Romans 1:

Hi Pard!
It is very nice to meet you!
Am going to look at Romans 1 right now!
None of what you have said seems to match up with my experience but I will think on what you've said - thank you! Going to read Romans 1 right now!

Statements such as...

I seriously doubt it,
If anything this is backwards

...said to someone who is sharing her testimony is not called for in the least! God does not follow our ideas or is He limited to our musings!

As we LISTEN to others we may gain an appreciation for the wonderful things that God is doing...even if these particular things have not happened to us. ;)
I still fail to see what you are trying to get at.

Besides, read her words. She was guessing. I'm trying to help her here, her idea isn't supported by the Bible so I was telling her that. I've got a post somewhere that I've been looking for so I can C&P it over here just for her. It's about how once we find God we give our free will over to Him and allow Him to take the steering wheel. That's why I didn't supply any Bible support (though I didn't feel it was needed as some of the other posters did a good job supplying).

Jen,

Sounds good to me! The bulk of what I was referring to is in the last half of it, but it's all a good read! :biggrin

Back