Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Believing is a Work !

Believing is a Work of the Mind, an action of the Mind as well as of the heart, which is so evident by the First and Greatest Commandment Matt 22:37

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Yes, that God observes the performances of the Mind is seen right here, and that God calls such performances Works is seen right here Gal 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now how many of these works are committed with the Mind ?

Cannot Please God in the Flesh !

The only way a person can believe on Christ, Believe God or Jesus Christ, have Faith in God even, the True God, that person must be a New Man Already, Born of God, for the man after the flesh or in the flesh, cannot and will not Believe, for its impossible, because believing/ faith pleases God, Heb 11:6, of which they that are in the flesh cannot do Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But of course this is all about pre-destination. We are all in the flesh so to speak, but God chose the lowly things. God is revealing what is vanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
child

We are all in the flesh so to speak

No doubt, all r born of the flesh by natural birth, so by natural birth alone, one cannot please God !

child

We are all in the flesh so to speak

No doubt, all r born of the flesh by natural birth, so by natural birth alone, one cannot please God !
Yes this is true. But please say something about vanity and how God is using the whole creation as a means to reveal this vanity and the cause of it, and the cure for it.
Romans 8:20

King James Version (KJV)

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

child

But please say something about vanity and how God is using the whole creation
as a means to reveal this vanity and the cause of it, and the cure for
it.

You need to do your own study on that. I am not here to do your work. Do you have anymore comments on post 1042. If all men are flesh by nature, and those in the flesh cannot please God, then how can one please God with Faith that pleases God according to Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

child

But please say something about vanity and how God is using the whole creation
as a means to reveal this vanity and the cause of it, and the cure for
it.

You need to do your own study on that. I am not here to do your work. Do you have anymore comments on post 1042. If all men are flesh by nature, and those in the flesh cannot please God, then how can one please God with Faith that pleases God according to Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
I have done my work on this, or rather the Holy Spirit has done His work on me. Not saying He is done working on me. Why is it every time I ask you to go a little deeper, you have to reply with things like,"I'm not here to do your work?" Honestly, without patronizing, do you feel any compassion for me?

The only way a person can believe on Christ, Believe God or Jesus Christ, have Faith in God even, the True God, that person must be a New Man Already, Born of God, for the man after the flesh or in the flesh, cannot and will not Believe, for its impossible, because believing/ faith pleases God, Heb 11:6, of which they that are in the flesh cannot do Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

you have twisted scripture to your liking
must be a New Man Already, Born of God, for the man after the flesh or in the flesh
this it totally %100 wrong we become a new creation creature in Christ after salvation.. that is left field theology if your all ready a new man born of God ..then one is all ready saved :readbible

King James Version (KJV)

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

The sorrow of vanity is the same sorrow that the virgin does not appreciate what a virgin is until she loses her virginity. Such is holiness and
purity and innocence. Hence her ignorance is understandable to our Merciful and Loving Father Who foreknew that vanity would appear in the
creation. And also Whom through His Foresight also had prepared a way for redemption, so that such appreciation for innocence and purity would not be lost forever.

Such is the Love which paid the price through brutality, torture, humiliation and a suffering gruesome death, so that sins may be forgiven because of our ignorance of who we were in Adam, and to come unto the knowledge of who we are in Christ.

Jn 3:36

Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

These unbelievers cannot possibly any for whom Christ died, because it plainly states here, that upon these the wrath of God abideth on them .

This word abideth denotes a continual, uninterrupted act of God. Now the problem we meet here with any of these being any whom Christ died is this, All those Christ died for, He is a propitiation 1 Jn 2:1-2, that is His Blood propitiated God God's Wrath for their sins against Him, and so, how can He now be exercising against them an continual, uninterrupted wrath, when its supposedly been propitiated ? Also notice what else is said of these same unbelievers, that they shall not see Life Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

That denotes no hope of ever coming from under God's Wrath in this life and the one to come !

you have twisted scripture to your liking
must be a New Man Already, Born of God, for the man after the flesh or in the flesh
this it totally %100 wrong we become a new creation creature in Christ after salvation.. that is left field theology if your all ready a new man born of God ..then one is all ready saved :readbible

Jn 3:36 cont

Now that these unbelievers cannot be those Christ died for is clear when we consider that the enemies that Christ died for, and reconciled them to God, even while they are being enemies and unbelievers, that being so reconciled, the Promise to them is that they shall be saved by His Life. This means in contrast to the others in Jn 3:36 who shall not see Life, they shall be saved by His Life, and shall enter into Life in the future. The difference being in the destiny of the Two Groups of enemies, is the Death of Christ ! The Death of Christ ensures that those enemies reconciled to God by His Death, they shall be saved out of that being enemies.

For it is a great contradiction to say some are reconciled to God while being enemies, and then turn around and say they lie under His Wrath at the same time !

For it is a great contradiction to say some are reconciled to God while being enemies, and then turn around and say they lie under His Wrath at the same time !
do what????????????? if a person calls out to Jesus from a true heart holy spirit conviction... THEY CAN BE SAVED the Holy Spirit quickens us the moment we are saved. there is no such scripture that GOD makes you a new man before being saved . my goodness

do what????????????? if a person calls out to Jesus from a true heart holy spirit conviction... THEY CAN BE SAVED the Holy Spirit quickens us the moment we are saved. there is no such scripture that GOD makes you a new man before being saved . my goodness

He came to save sinners !

1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Christ came to save sinners, and not merely to those sinners savable ! And He did not come to save all sinners without exception, but His People that were sinners !

Now Paul's own testimony of when he was saved,m demonstrates what it means for Christ to come and Save Sinners 1 Tim 1:12-16

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

In Paul's Testimony here there is not one word about anything he himself did for Christ to save him; and if all for whom Christ died [His People] are not saved as Paul was by Christ, then it cannot be said that Christ came into this world to save sinners.

If a person believes on Christ unto Salvation, its because Christ saved them, because one cannot believe if they are lost 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

When anyone is in a Lost state, without exception, the god of this world has blinded their minds to the Truth, by nature we are lost and blinded Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

This describes every experimentally lost person without exception, and in this state believing the Gospel is impossible !

And Unbelief is an evidence of being in this lost state, so quite the opposite and reverse is true, belief of the Gospel is an evidence of being in saved state, and having been delivered from that state we are by nature in Eph 4:18.

And that's the end of Christ coming to save. All for whom He died become believers in Him as proof that He saved them from a Lost state ! If Christ came to save any sinner that does not become a believer, then Christ failed in His Mission to come and to save sinners ! He must save all of them, not some of them, and not all sinners without exception, but all sinners that are His People Matt 1:21 !

Salvation is of the LORD !

Salvation is of the LORD or is of God, and lest we forget, God is a Triune God, and so Salvation in its entirety is the Work of the Triune God, for its of the Fathers purposing 2 Tim 1:9, The Son's Redemption, and the Spirit's Application, and there is no preaching of the whole counsel of God in Salvation, if we do not explain each Person's of the Godhead role in Saving a sinner. The most neglected I believe is the role of the Holy Spirit in His applicatory role of the meritorious death and Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. The sprinkling [application] of the Blood 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Which application is for Gospel obedience or belief of the Truth, for without this Work of the Spirit, His application, there will be no Gospel Obedience, No Faith, No Believing for it is written Zech 4:6

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

For we believe because this is true Phil 2:13

13 For it is God[The Spirit] which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

And Believing/ Faith is a result of that Working in us by the Spirit of God !!

That's why Christ forbade The Main of the Gospel Preaching Ministry until after His coming for that purpose beginning on the day of Pentecost. See Rom 15:16

16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

Gospel Obedience is the Fruit of being Sanctified by the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God[The Father] hath from the beginning chosen you[In the Son] to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Salvation is of the LORD !

nice to see your still copying and pasting
Christ came to save sinners, and not merely to those sinners savable ! And He did not come to save all sinners without exception, but His People that were sinners !
did you realize how absurd this sounds?.. Christ came to seek and that which is lost. the word ALL translated means--all everybody not willing ANY perish:readbible

This describes every experimentally lost person without exception, and in this state believing the Gospel is impossible !

Until such a person hears the Gospel.

Then they can believe. If a person does not hear the Gospel they can not believe.

13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:13-14

You whole theological reasoning in this thread just came crashing down.

JLB

Until such a person hears the Gospel.

Then they can believe. If a person does not hear the Gospel they can not believe.

13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:13-14

You whole theological reasoning in this thread just came crashing down.

JLB

yes a seed must be planted by reading or hearing .the Holy Spirit will drop seed in the heart of the LOST.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back