Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] From the Lodge to the Lord

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When I went into Freemasonry, it was with my eyes "wide shut". It was a "family tradition", so I did not question it. I had been told that Freemasonry was not a religion, yet I had also been told that its teachings were based on the Bible.

The longer I was involved in Freemasonry, the more questions I had about it. But even as issues would arise, I would pass them off by saying to myself, "After all, Duane, this isn't church. It's just a fraternity." Even after being instructed to never pray in the name of Jesus Christ in lodge; and even after I had been made aware that the Holy Bible on the altar could just as easily be the Koran, I still told myself, "This isn't church; it's just a fraternity."

It wasn't until after I had "gone through the chairs" and served as Worshipful Master of the lodge I was once a member of, that the Holy Spirit convicted me. The various issues I had managed to rationalize, were all brought up on the front burner.

After a week to ten days or so of what I now know was spiritual warfare raging within me, I knew I had only one of two choices: 1.) Stay in Freemasonry and embrace its heretical teachings; or 2.) Walk away from the Lodge and follow Jesus Christ. That was a "no-brainer". On Friday, January 13, 1984, I fell to my knees prayed for God's forgiveness, and received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

Duane, if you decided Freemasonry conflicted with your Christian faith, you've made the right decision. Your feeling strong in your faith is what's important.

Welcome to CF, Duane!

Thank you for your testimony.

As you can guess, there is a mixture of current Masons, former Masons, and never masons here. I am the latter.

To one anonymous poster here here I asked a question in a PM to give me his reasons why there there seems to be almost uniform similarities in the descriptions of the rites of the Freemasons among the former masons, and a corresponding uniformity of denials by those who are current Masons. I also included a description written on the website of a former 33rd degree that he was a part of a black mass in conjunction with him doing his duties in the Lodge.

Since you are a new guy, and since I promised myself that it is futile to "go after" something that a poster states when he denies what another person has posted is true, I ask your perspective on the issue. In asking this question, I am assuming that both men who write these denials, and the ones who state "thus and such goes on in the Lodge" are honorable, and well-intentioned. But it is my contention that that both groups cannot be equally true in their affirmations, because each affirmation is contradictory to what another honorable man says.

FYI I asked about the possibility of the "blood oaths" being a part of those who deny that the others are saying about the Lodge; consistent with their positions of denial, they deny the "blood oaths" play a part of their denials

My purpose is NOT to act like a jerk, and go personal; it is to get answers that give adequate answers to the situation being as it is

Thanks for your insight.

BTW thank you Potluck for permitting this to go on

Grace,

I have access to virtually every Grand Lodge monitor issued in the USA, as well as numerous Blue Lodge rituals, both "regular" Masonry, and Prince Hall Masonry. I also have several other Grand Lodge documents such as mentors manuals, officers manuals, etc..

If you will visit the website of Ex Masons For Jesus, you will find numerous articles there, explaining our position that Freemasonry is incompatible with the Christian faith. As you read through them you will plainly see that we rely quite heavily on Grand Lodge documentation. In other words, we don't just throw our own personal opinions on the wall and see if any of them will stick. Rather, we use official Grand Lodge documents - most of which are available to any Mason who cares to read them for himself - proving that what we say about Freemasonry is the truth.

If there are specific questions you would like to ask of me, choose your preferred venue, whether it be in a new thread, private messaging, email, whatever, and I will try my best to answer your questions for you.

When I went into Freemasonry, it was with my eyes "wide shut". It was a "family tradition", so I did not question it. I had been told that Freemasonry was not a religion, yet I had also been told that its teachings were based on the Bible.
The longer I was involved in Freemasonry, the more questions I had about it. But even as issues would arise, I would pass them off by saying to myself, "After all, Duane, this isn't church. It's just a fraternity." Even after being instructed to never pray in the name of Jesus Christ in lodge; and even after I had been made aware that the Holy Bible on the altar could just as easily be the Koran, I still told myself, "This isn't church; it's just a fraternity."
It wasn't until after I had "gone through the chairs" and served as Worshipful Master of the lodge I was once a member of, that the Holy Spirit convicted me. The various issues I had managed to rationalize, were all brought up on the front burner.
After a week to ten days or so of what I now know was spiritual warfare raging within me, I knew I had only one of two choices: 1.) Stay in Freemasonry and embrace its heretical teachings; or 2.) Walk away from the Lodge and follow Jesus Christ. That was a "no-brainer". On Friday, January 13, 1984, I fell to my knees prayed for God's forgiveness, and received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

It was family for me also -- my in-laws; my father-in-law. He was something like 34th order or whatever the highest in the area for their temple was. (I don't remember them calling it temple or not, but that's how they acted. )
The harm to his family was immeasurable. Broken relationships; wrongly ended lives; no remorse for a lifelong time of sinfulness and wickedness; "hidden family secrets" for decades and no inclination to repent, heal or recover from them. (Everything they did relied on keeping all their secrets, never letting them be known. Both the family's secrets and the lodge secrets). And the members would do anything needed to help one another to keep it just as it was (is?). I almost looked into being a member, and was sought after to be. They didn't know me, and I didn't know them, no; not at all. (at the time). Thankfully God arranged for us (me and wife and children) to be moved and living a long way away from them. This was divine providence and saved us at the time without us even realizing the danger we had been in. Maybe someday it won't be so painful to recall. (it is especially so because several family members are 'sunk' - their faith (apparently) ship-wrecked - because of the influence of the f-in-law and the lodge. They actually go blithely on their way skipping through life with their cares being met by those men in the group apart from God and apart from His Life, instead of trusting the Messiah Yeshua and telling the truth(to be free of their past; as His death and resurrection provided for).

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back