Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Fukushima cover up.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
can people not handle the truth. ?

another good balanced view point.

So are all oil and gas stations really; the trick is a slow and low level ongoing reaction rather than a fast and large instant one. The engine in your car is also a bomb, in exactly the same way.

The question about nuclear power is (iirc) whether there is enough mass in reach of each other to go critical and explode (rather than cook slowly). Well, that and the fact that its truly insane to make waste that takes longer to degrade than the human race have been living in fixed locations for.

Have a read of this interesting article. It's not dealing with Japan, but talks about nuclear reactors a bit. Yes, I know it's a newspaper article.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/opinion/nuclear-power-plants-are-not-bomb-factories/story-e6frg6zo-1225925594625

I post the following link to a very long, detailed and accurate scientific analysis of the safety of Nuclear power, form the World Nuclear Association. It's quite a large article and I haven't read much of it yet, but here it is:
http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf06.html

EDIT: fixed article link

Last edited by a moderator:
World Nuclear Association said:
Apart from Chernobyl, no nuclear workers or members of the public have ever died as a result of exposure to radiation due to a commercial nuclear reactor incident. Most of the serious radiological injuries and deaths that occur each year (2-4 deaths and many more exposures above regulatory limits) are the result of large uncontrolled radiation sources, such as abandoned medical or industrial equipment. (There have also been a number of accidents in experimental reactors and in one military plutonium-producing pile - at Windscale, UK, in 1957, but none of these resulted in loss of life outside the actual plant, or long-term environmental contamination.)

It should be emphasised that a commercial-type power reactor simply cannot under any circumstances explode like a nuclear bomb.

Well, there we have it. The reactors in Japan cannot, under any circumstances, cause a nuclear explosion.

Thats fair enough , i hope youre right and that they cannot explode in any capacity, though i dont know how old these reactors are , i think one maybe two were soon to come of line, so i hope that this applies to the older reactors
spent fuel rods, and that we will not see any kind of chain reaction.

johnny

Back