Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gen 6

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

donadams

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!
Catholicism Overseer
Who are the “son’s of God”?

Thanks

Does the Bible tell us?

Ok thanks you can move or delete it if you like
I am not a mod but I did not think this was a "dumping ground" question you asked that is why I thought you should post where more forum members would interact .

Gen 6 context is mankind, every verse refers to man, and men, angels are never even mentioned!

Elsewhere in Genesis the writer does refer to angels but always as “angels” never as “the sons of God”!

Gen 6 context is mankind, every verse refers to man, and men, angels are never even mentioned!

Elsewhere in Genesis the writer does refer to angels but always as “angels” never as “the sons of God”!
In the Old Testament we are told of "sons of God " and the conclusion would be that indeed "sons of God " are angels . Here are verses with "sons of God " presenting themselves before the LORD .

Job1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

In Job Chapter 38 we are again told of the "sons of God " and all that we can glean from the scripture is the "sons of God" are indeed angels , we are told about creation before man was created .

Job38
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The long ago first readers of Genesis would have understood who the "sons of God " are . That is why there is no other explanation given . And this verses in Job 38 seals the deal on who the "sons of God " are . Not human .

1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

In the Old Testament we are told of "sons of God " and the conclusion would be that indeed "sons of God " are angels . Here are verses with "sons of God " presenting themselves before the LORD .

Job1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
Would not satan be the top or lead fallen angel? Why is he not a son of God? Why did he not lust after eve and have sex with her?
Job2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

In Job Chapter 38 we are again told of the "sons of God " and all that we can glean from the scripture is the "sons of God" are indeed angels , we are told about creation before man was created .

Job38
is it possible that the creation itself is “sons of God” the father of creation?
Thanks

Would not satan be the top or lead fallen angel?
With what I see in the bible I would say yes .
Why is he not a son of God?
Just because Satan is mentioned by name from among the sons of God does not mean he is not a son of God .
Why did he not lust after eve and have sex with her?
We are not told in the bible .
is it possible that the creation itself is “sons of God” the father of creation?
Thanks
Reword your question . You lost me .

With what I see in the bible I would say yes .

Just because Satan is mentioned by name from among the sons of God does not mean he is not a son of God .

We are not told in the bible .

Reword your question . You lost me .
Could the “sons of god” in the book of Job be creation itself?
God is the father of creation.

Could the “sons of god” in the book of Job be creation itself?
No , I don't see the definition changing for "sons of God" in the Book of Job because we were already told earlier in Job this .

No , I don't see the definition changing for "sons of God" in the Book of Job because we were already told earlier in Job this .

Thanks

Gen 6 NEVER says angels or fallen angels elsewhere in Gen angels are called angels

The whole context of Gen 6 is mankind

Notice Gen 4 & 5 have many references to the offspring and never a word about angels or giants

Notice also the similarities between Gen 3:6 and Gen 6:2 saw it was beautiful and took it

“food for thought” lol

67. In the beginning of time God created spiritual essences (angels) out of nothing.
68. The nature of angels is spiritual.

Dogma

Thanks

Does the Bible tell us?
Gen 6
1 When (human beings / sons of Adam) began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the (sons of God / elohiym / gods of "The Living One.") saw that the daughters of (humans / Adam) were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then (the Lord / Yahwah) said, “My Spirit will not contend with (humans / Adam / mankind) forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The (Nephilim / fallen ones) were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when (the sons of Adam,) (God / gods of "The Living One") went to the daughters of (humans / Adam) and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Nephilim means "Fallen Ones." Those who are of a very low moral grade.

Those who are to inherit life immortal are called (elohiym / gods of "The Living One.")

Thanks

Does the Bible tell us?
These are the words of Satan. Yes he calls himself a God. The demons he created, he thought they should take wife's and enjoy their children they begot. Enoch preach in those days that their children will not be, neither ascend. You can read it in that book of Enoch. Well the world became so bad that Satan himself destroyed them in a flood. Noah and many others was saved from that flood. Not in a ark either as the Bible states just another lie.

Back