Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Get Rid Of It

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well hey Hidden. Nice to see you! This is an awesome forum I think you will like.

Hey, sister! I'm still needing to stay away from forum life for the most part before it consumes me again, LoL. But I couldn't help but join a debate with a new member named Iconoclast over at CB, so I noticed the desire is still there. But I'm resisting the urge to go full on active member mode again for now.

Yeah, this place looks nice : ) I noticed they seemed to have my old avatar on file already, presumably from CF.com I suppose. Btw, I left you a few messages over there if you didn't know.

Might be nice to do a little interacting with somebody somewhere, and this forum seems to have some nice people on it, so when I can I'll try to throw in my two cents : )

Good morning, and hope you have a good day!

Hey, sister! I'm still needing to stay away from forum life for the most part before it consumes me again, LoL. But I couldn't help but join a debate with a new member named Iconoclast over at CB, so I noticed the desire is still there. But I'm resisting the urge to go full on active member mode again for now.

Yeah, this place looks nice : ) I noticed they seemed to have my old avatar on file already, presumably from CF.com I suppose. Btw, I left you a few messages over there if you didn't know.

Might be nice to do a little interacting with somebody somewhere, and this forum seems to have some nice people on it, so when I can I'll try to throw in my two cents : )

Good morning, and hope you have a good day!

Hey Hidden! One thing about cf.com is when you leave convoes, I guess it doesn't tell the other person. Sorry, brother. I can't talk dreams anymore... I just need to stop. You are welcome on here though. You are a blessing.

Hey Hidden! One thing about cf.com is when you leave convoes, I guess it doesn't tell the other person. Sorry, brother. I can't talk dreams anymore... I just need to stop. You are welcome on here though. You are a blessing.

Not a problem. It's actually very good news regarding them, but now is not the time.

Like I said, about forum involvement it might only be here and there when there's some time, but it might be nice to meet some new people, so thanks for the invite : )

Not a problem. It's actually very good news regarding them, but now is not the time.

Like I said, about forum involvement it might only be here and there when there's some time, but it might be nice to meet some new people, so thanks for the invite : )

For sure! Most loving forum I've seen on the net. Anyhow Sweetvineshema thanks for devo. It is a good one.

For sure! Most loving forum I've seen on the net.

I noticed Rollo Tamasi and God's Grace (Wondering) are here. I "wondered" where they went. Those two are fun : )

I truly hate to bring the enemy here and mess things up. He follows me around... But a little here and there might not hurt.

Wow! Good smilie selection! I like this one for sure. :rocking

God/Jesus forgives only on our repentance.
Luke 23:34
But Jesus was saying, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.” And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.

I see no repentance there. And if anyone could get prayers answered in the positive it was our Lord.

How do you mention people 😇🙂 and it highlights their profile?

What "who Me" said is very important approach outlined to forgive fellow Christian who already knows the right thing and does the wrong. They need to repent but for us to forgive is for our own good. We must be careful to allow unrepentant people do what they do to hurt us.

We have to be careful of holding grudge against those who offend us because it could lead to bitterness and depression that is why Jesus asks us to forgive.

Luke 23:34
But Jesus was saying, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.” And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.

I see no repentance there. And if anyone could get prayers answered in the positive it was our Lord.

Hi, Dave. I see you're Messianic now : ) I was guessing by the avatar until I saw your signature, which confirmed it. I was leaning that way but the strictness spooked me a little bit. But then maybe I'm assuming things.

You bring up a good point. Those who sin unknowingly are judged differently than those who know they're doing so.

47 That servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. (Luke 12:47-48)

So how have you been. Everything good?

Blessings in Christ Jesus our Lord,
Hidden In Him

How do you mention people 😇🙂 and it highlights their profile?

What "who Me" said is very important approach outlined to forgive fellow Christian who already knows the right thing and does the wrong. They need to repent but for us to forgive is for our own good. We must be careful to allow unrepentant people do what they do to hurt us.

We have to be careful of holding grudge against those who offend us because it could lead to bitterness and depression that is why Jesus asks us to forgive.

Do you mean like tagging? You do the little a circle with their name.

@ that one

I also think it's because there is absolutely no place for unforgiveness in the coming kingdom of God. It would amount to letting an evil spirit in again, and He has promised that He will weed out from His kingdom everything which offends.

I don't think people realize how offensive it is to God when we are unforgiving, hence the parable places a higher degree of importance on it than many would expect.

Greetings, btw. I noticed Sister has you on her followers list, and any friend of hers is a friend of mine as well : )

I also think it's because there is absolutely no place for unforgiveness in the coming kingdom of God. It would amount to letting an evil spirit in again, and He has promised that He will weed out from His kingdom everything which offends.

I don't think people realize how offensive it is to God when we are unforgiving, hence the parable places a higher degree of importance on it than many would expect.

Greetings, btw. I noticed Sister has you on her followers list, and any friend of hers is a friend of mine as well : )

Yeh like most the site. Bahaha. The people here are wonderful.

There are certain things in our lives even after being Spiritually born again from above that we need to rid ourselves of as we examine our own self within deeds and words we speak that we may always be pleasing to the Lord. We are made righteous by God's righteousness as our own righteousness is as a filthy rag to God.

Lord, examine me and show me that which I need to change so I may always bring you glory and honor, amen.

No. search the bible you will not find that taght anywhere.

God/Jesus forgives only on our repentance.

We like God have to forgive if someone is sorry for what they have done.
No repentance, then no need to forgive and like Jesus on the cross we hand that situation over to God to deal with, while we continue to pray intelligently for the offenders good.
What did Jesus say to the thief on the cross who the thief knew he was paying the price for his deeds, but knew Jesus never sinned. in Luke 23:39-43?
Did he ask for forgiveness, or did he say "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom."

We are to forgive others as Christ forgave us.

Thanks 😊😊😊

Greetings, Who Me. I decided to join as I am an old friend of Sister from another forum.

I'd have to disagree with you here that it is not a command to forgive. It is in fact a commandment that is so important it can cost one his salvation if it is not obeyed. This is implied in the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant:

21 Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times. 23 “Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants. 24 When he began to settle, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 And since he could not pay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26 So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you everything.’ 27 And out of pity for him, the master of that servant released him and forgave him the debt. 28 But when that same servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii, and seizing him, he began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay what you owe.’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down and pleaded with him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you.’ 30 He refused and went and put him in prison until he should pay the debt. 31 When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they went and reported to their master all that had taken place. 32 Then his master summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. 33 And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And in anger his master delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all his debt. 35 So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.”

His being labelled a "wicked servant" and then being delivered over to the torturers are good signs these references are to the loss of salvation, though it is clear at the outset that he is forgiven of his sins when his huge debt load is forgiven. I find many people have a problem with this parable because of its implications and tend to dismiss the idea that it should be taken too seriously as a result. But it should be remembered this was a teaching of the Lord Himself, which should carry the utmost weight.

God bless,
Hidden In Him
Welcome to CF and God bless you. Looking forward to more of your replies and feel free to start your own threads.

I think God knows the intents of our heart when we come before Him that He has already forgiven us before the words of repentance comes out of our mouth. Repentance is a requirement for salvation as far as acknowledging we are sinners needing God's mercy and grace.

There are five requirements to Salvation

1. Confession - Acts 2:21; Romans 10:9, 10
2. Repentance - Mark 1:14, 15
3. Faith - John 3:14-18
4. Regeneration - John 3:3-8
5. Holy Scripture - 2 Timothy 3:15

Welcome to CF and God bless you. Looking forward to more of your replies and feel free to start your own threads.

God bless, and thank you for the warm welcome : ) I'll likely be a dedicated forum guy for decades to come, so I'm certain we'll have some great conversations down the road. And this community looks just as advertised, so very glad to have become a member today.

And I like your smilies, LoL. :salute

Back