Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Getting Back In Shape

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

BPPLEE

When I went into the 7th grade I was picked on bullied and beat up repeatedly. One time they held me down and slammed a door on my head and gave me a concussion.
Then one day in PE we started lifting weights. There was a universal machine with a bench press and I could bench more than anyone else.
I started lifting weights and by the 9th grade I was a different person.
Someone started a fight with me the second week of school and I hit him so hard his eye swole shut.
After that, I was popular. That’s the thing every kid wants. I got in a lot of fights that year but I never started one.
Lifting weights became part of my identity.
I never competed but I became pretty strong for someone that didn’t use steroids.
My best lifts were Bench Press 405 x 5, Squats 405 x 10, 315 x 20,
Leg Press 1,000 x 10 and Dumbbell Curls 80 x 10
Lifting weights helped me during my time in law enforcement when I got in a tussle with someone.
6 years ago I got married and moved 60 miles from my job. I had to sell all my equipment because I didn’t have a place to put it.
I was driving 2 and 1/2 hours every day and I stopped working out.
I gained 100 lbs.
8 months ago I started a new job that requires a lot of walking. I have issues in my back that cause nerve pain in my left leg and I need a knee replacement on the right side.
3 months ago I started working out again and doing Weight Watchers. I have lost 35 pounds and went down 4 sizes in my pants.
I plan to lose another 40 pounds by December and a total of 100 pounds in a year since I started.
I was totally out of shape when I started and needed a program for people like me. I started doing DDP Yoga, You start out with workouts you can do in a bed or on a mat.
Next you start working out in a chair. Next you use the chair for balance and after that you’re ready for beginner.
I also bought the X3 Bar Gym which is resistance bands. The bar was too short so I bought a long bar. I use it, a Total Gym and dumbbells.
I feel so much better. My 60th birthday is December 2nd and I want to be down to 260 by then.
My plan is to keep working into my 70s.
I recommend DDP Yoga and the X3 Gym if you’re looking to get in shape.

When I went into the 7th grade I was picked on bullied and beat up repeatedly. One time they held me down and slammed a door on my head and gave me a concussion.
Then one day in PE we started lifting weights. There was a universal machine with a bench press and I could bench more than anyone else.
Someone started a fight with me the second week of school and I hit him so hard his eye swole shut.
After that, I was popular. That’s the thing every kid wants. I got in a lot of fights that year but I never started one.
I never competed but I became pretty strong for someone that didn’t use steroids.
Lifting weights helped me during my time in law enforcement when I got in a tussle with someone.
6 years ago I got married and moved 60 miles from my job. I had to sell all my equipment because I didn’t have a place to put it.
I gained 100 lbs.
8 months ago I started a new job that requires a lot of walking. I have issues in my back that cause nerve pain in my left leg and I need a knee replacement on the right side.
3 months ago I started working out again and doing Weight Watchers. I have lost 35 pounds and went down 4 sizes in my pants.
I plan to lose another 40 pounds by December and a total of 100 pounds in a year since I started.
I was totally out of shape when I started and needed a program for people like me. I started doing DDP Yoga, You start out with workouts you can do in a bed or on a mat.
Next you start working out in a chair. Next you use the chair for balance and after that you’re ready for beginner.
I also bought the X3 Bar Gym which is resistance bands. The bar was too short so I bought a long bar. I use it, a Total Gym and dumbbells.
I feel so much better. My 60th birthday is December 2nd and I want to be down to 260 by then.

I gained 100 lbs.
Another great thing about the X3 and resistance bands is they don’t take up much space at all. I fit everything neatly in a duffel bag and stick it in a corner.

Another great thing about the X3 and resistance bands is they don’t take up much space at all. I fit everything neatly in a duffel bag and stick it in a corner.
I added pushups to my routine yesterday and did pretty good considering I still weigh 300 pounds. I have something called The Power Push-Up. It’s a band that wraps around you and you push against as you do push-ups. It’s adjustable for how much resistance you use.

I had my testosterone levels tested and mine is low. But my PSA is high so they won’t give me testosterone. I just have to make do with what I have naturally

I had my testosterone levels tested and mine is low. But my PSA is high so they won’t give me testosterone. I just have to make do with what I have naturally
I think for most that test tends to vary due to diet, exercise, and stress. Mine used to be low but is now mid-range. Being overweight generally results in low test, so it should increase with the more fat you lose, the more muscle you gain, and the heavier you lift. I read in the past that lifting heavy is a good way to naturally increase test, but take your time getting there, or your tendons and ligaments will complain loudly. I found out the hard way, but it sounds like you know what you're doing. You'll get there and in the end, the payoff will be huge.

Man I miss the old dojo of thirty years ago . Wasn't a perfect art and we knew our weaknesses and strove to learn more but a guy could get in shape and be decent at self defense there.

Now a days one has to use MMA to get close and negate legit full on self defense.mma has useful stuff but against a knife or multiple fighters not so much

Man I miss the old dojo of thirty years ago . Wasn't a perfect art and we knew our weaknesses and strove to learn more but a guy could get in shape and be decent at self defense there.

Now a days one has to use MMA to get close and negate legit full on self defense.mma has useful stuff but against a knife or multiple fighters not so much
I trained and tried this and that but when the fertilizer hit the ventilator I usually ended up with someone in some variation of a headlock and choked them out. You can’t do that anymore but it sure worked for me

I trained and tried this and that but when the fertilizer hit the ventilator I usually ended up with someone in some variation of a headlock and choked them out. You can’t do that anymore but it sure worked for me
How many hours a week do you work out?

thanks

3 20 minute DDP Yoga workouts and 3 to 4 30 minutes resistance training
DDP Yoga is on Monday Wednesday and Saturday.
I’m off half a day on Wednesday then off Thursday Friday and Saturday so I do my lifting on those days

These herbs work well to boost testosterone naturally, ashwagandha and mucuna. Takes about 8 weeks to kick in.

Last edited:
I've been taking ashwagandha for around 10 years now. It definitely helps with hormone balancing.

I was diagnosed with a under active thyroid in my early 40's. Since taking ashwagandha my thyroid works just fine, t3 and t4 are in range without prescription medication for hypothyroidism.

I've been taking ashwagandha for around 10 years now. It definitely helps with hormone balancing.

I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid in my early 40's. Since taking ashwagandha my thyroid works just fine, t3 and t4 are in range without prescription medication for hypothyroidism.
Wow I’ll have to try that I have to take Synthroid

I was diagnosed with a under active thyroid in my early 40's. Since taking ashwagandha my thyroid works just fine, t3 and t4 are in range without prescription medication for hypothyroidism.
What brand do you take? Some reviews on Amazon mention it causing anxiety or affecting their mood. Have you experienced this?

What brand do you take? Some reviews on Amazon mention it causing anxiety or affecting their mood. Have you experienced this?
Ashwagandha reduces the stress hormone cortisol, I've had nothing put positive effect from taking it. My mood stays calm.

It makes me feel good I don't have any anxiety and I doubt it was the ashwagandha that caused anxiety in some of those reviews. The herb works just the opposite of anxiety. It's a stress reliever.

I get mine from Swanson vitamins, I take 250mg a day.

Swanson Ultra- Ultimate Ashwagandha - KSM-66

Last edited:
Wow I’ll have to try that I have to take Synthroid
I was too 10 years ago, taking prescribed synthetic hormones causes the thyroid to slowing shutdown even more because the hormones are being supplied orally and the body will slow its own production of t3 and t4 over time.

If you have to increase the dose every so often that's the reason.

Thyroid can be repaired by taking herbs that help support it's function.

my thyroid doctor was amazed at how well my thyroid bounced back.

I've longed stopped taking synthroid

Back