Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Getting Back In Shape

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Would you say the Leg extension machine is a leg "builder?" I don't enjoy squats.
Johann.
You can use it that way. Some people say leg extensions are harder on the knees than squats because the squat is a natural movement. If you were going to pick something up you squat down and pick it up. There is no natural movement where you extend your leg with resistance on it.
But if it doesn’t bother your knees go ahead and do what you like to do.
Something is better than nothing.

You can use it that way. Some people say leg extensions are harder on the knees than squats because the squat is a natural movement. If you were going to pick something up you squat down and pick it up. There is no natural movement where you extend your leg with resistance on it.
But if it doesn’t bother your knees go ahead and do what you like to do.
Something is better than nothing.
Reason why I ask is Jay Cutler said it is is favorite all over leg development.
Johann.

Reason why I ask is Jay Cutler said it is is favorite all over leg development.
Johann.
It will build quad muscle for sure, but that's about it. Squats are hard because they focus on so much more than just your quads--glutes, back, core, etc.--and, as BPPLEE stated, it is more "functional," that is, it will help much more with natural movement. Having said that, there are quite a variety of squatting methods and while there are core bits of technique to keep in mind, there is some room for adjustment based on physiological differences.

Remember, body builders are looking for symmetry and size for every possible muscle, so they have to focus on a ton of isolation exercises, which isn't necessarily ideal or even necessary for the vast majority of people. However, leg extensions are better than nothing and if they work for you, do them.

Generally, less is more for the average person, which is where compound movements such as squats come in, with some relevant accessory exercises to benefit and support the compound lifts. Of course, it's really not either/or but both/and for optimal development.

You might know all this, so sorry if you do (hopefully it will be of benefit to someone).

For the record, I hate squats and suck at them, but I do them (quite irregularly, for health reasons) because of the overall benefit. I also workout at home, so some form of squat is all I have for quads. lol Personally, I would add in leg extensions if I was at a gym.

It will build quad muscle for sure, but that's about it. Squats are hard because they focus on so much more than just your quads--glutes, back, core, etc.--and, as BPPLEE stated, it is more "functional," that is, it will help much more with natural movement. Having said that, there are quite a variety of squatting methods and while there are core bits of technique to keep in mind, there is some room for adjustment based on physiological differences.

Remember, body builders are looking for symmetry and size for every possible muscle, so they have to focus on a ton of isolation exercises, which isn't necessarily ideal or even necessary for the vast majority of people. However, leg extensions are better than nothing and if they work for you, do them.

Generally, less is more for the average person, which is where compound movements such as squats come in, with some relevant accessory exercises to benefit and support the compound lifts. Of course, it's really not either/or but both/and for optimal development.

You might know all this, so sorry if you do (hopefully it will be of benefit to someone).

For the record, I hate squats and suck at them, but I do them (quite irregularly, for health reasons) because of the overall benefit. I also workout at home, so some form of squat is all I have for quads. lol Personally, I would add in leg extensions if I was at a gym.
Thank you-I think I will incorporate half squats or chair squats-and same here-I have my own home gym-but I won't tell you from what I made them-Lol!
I have pulleys everywhere and work out "rural style"

This is very innovative and creative.

Like this-and it is not me!
Lol!
Johann.

Well my off days are here again and I need some motivation. I want to lose 50 more pounds and build muscle at the same time. I am halfway to my goal having lost 50 pounds.
I need some motivation to workout these 3 days that I have off.

I got the results of my MRI today. There is a 65% chance that I have prostate cancer. I have a biopsy on the 12th.
Even if I have cancer I am going to workout and reach my goal of losing 100 pounds. I am halfway there now.

I had my biopsy Thursday and they told me not to do anything strenuous for a few days so I can’t workout this weekend.

I got the results of my MRI today. There is a 65% chance that I have prostate cancer. I have a biopsy on the 12th.
Even if I have cancer I am going to workout and reach my goal of losing 100 pounds. I am halfway there now.
I have a firefighter/pastor friend who just had surgery for that three weeks ago. He said the biopsy was interesting—took something like 20 samples from different regions.

I had my biopsy Thursday and they told me not to do anything strenuous for a few days so I can’t workout this weekend.
Definitely better to play it safe. You’ll get there.

I have hit a plateau with my weight loss so I’m going to cut carbs and use less points on WW. I have lost 50 pounds and I am going to lose 50 more in 6 months. If I don’t meet my goal I will keep trying until I reach 100 pounds of weight loss.

I have hit a plateau with my weight loss so I’m going to cut carbs and use less points on WW. I have lost 50 pounds and I am going to lose 50 more in 6 months. If I don’t meet my goal I will keep trying until I reach 100 pounds of weight loss.

Im glad someone mentioned akwanda. I'm a girl and don't need terstrone. I'm trying to find ways to control my cortisol. I see that people with some weight on them can really bulk up. I'm just a skinny girl with a hang over belly and bloated. I got me pre and pro bioticts, but don't know if they work. I see no results. How do you do resistance training? I think that would be best for me. Any healthful tips? I have really small bones, but my stomach has gotten me a lot of, " when are you due,?" "Oh your glowing. " apparently people understand skinny fat girls. I try my best to cover it. Then people are like, "you need to gain weight." 🙄 "you need to eat McDonald's and greedy burgers." Meh. Solving a problem by getting a new one. I can't stand it when people tell me to eat unhealthy.

Im glad someone mentioned akwanda. I'm a girl and don't need terstrone. I'm trying to find ways to control my cortisol. I see that people with some weight on them can really bulk up. I'm just a skinny girl with a hang over belly and bloated. I got me pre and pro bioticts, but don't know if they work. I see no results. How do you do resistance training? I think that would be best for me. Any healthful tips? I have really small bones, but my stomach has gotten me a lot of, " when are you due,?" "Oh your glowing. " apparently people understand skinny fat girls. I try my best to cover it. Then people are like, "you need to gain weight." 🙄 "you need to eat McDonald's and greedy burgers." Meh. Solving a problem by getting a new one. I can't stand it when people tell me to eat unhealthy.
You would have to diet to lose the stomach, resistance training can help you put muscle on and lose fat. Do you plan on going to a gym or working out at home?

Back