Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

GOD HAS MADE NO COVENANT WITH GENTILES

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Scripture still says God made man in his image and likeness.
If you don't believe scripture that is your loss.

In your personal opinion.

I take what the Bible says; not my own inventions.
Well, I take the meaning of the original Hebrew and Greek words the Holy Spirit uses to communicate those things that are important to God's people and the word "good" does not mean anything but "to specification," or "good enough" as in satisfaction at the result.

Abraham was a Gentile.
And you shall answer and say before the LORD your God: ‘My father was a Syrian, about to perish, and he went down to Egypt and dwelt there, few in number; and there he became a nation, great, mighty, and populous. Deuteronomy 26:5
God used Abraham the Gentile to show how He would, in the future, justify the Gentiles by faith.
And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” Galatians 3:8
JLB
One more time.
The Scripture says Abraham was Hebrew:

13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram. Gen. 14:13.

Receive or reject. There is no medium.

But God made no covenant with Gentiles.

So you still cannot explain what you meant. I didn't think yoiu could.
God controls how much light a person receives to understand His Word.
I gave you too much credit and thought you had all the major doctrines on this subject under your belt, but I was wrong.

1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. Genesis 17:1–7.

The Abrahamic Covenant. A covenant in which a man and his wife were given outstanding promises for not only him and his immediate children but for their descendants also. A covenant in which a Redeemer and King would be born to remove the sins of God's covenant people and give them eternal life. And from this day forward God has been working to that end using only this covenant and no other for there is no other Name by which anyone will be saved but the Name of God: Yahweh (YHWH.) It is only through this covenant will God save His Chosen people Israel. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles. But Gentiles are not excluded for there are many prophecies through the decades sent to Israel from God's prophets that Gentiles will be included, and we later find from the writings of Paul, grafted in along with the natural branches of the Olive Tree, which is Israel, that Israel will be the light to lead the Gentiles to Jerusalem to worship God alongside them.

The Church, or Great Congregation of the LORD is Israel. The Bride of Christ is Israel for God says in the Old Testament that He is betrothed to Israel forever. But God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
When all is said and done, and Israel's Messiah and King sits on the throne of David to rule His people from Jerusalem there will be a Marriage Supper of the Lamb and His Bride. Israel is there by covenant, but Gentiles will be there by invitation.
God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
But you Gentiles have receive an invitation to partake of the blessings God has bestowed upon Abram, Isaac, and Jacob, and the twelve tribes of Israel and their descendants.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 1
2 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:11–29.

All well and good but God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
Yet if one belongs to Christ then they are Abrahams "seed" and heirs according to the promise noted.

God controls how much light a person receives to understand His Word.
I gave you too much credit and thought you had all the major doctrines on this subject under your belt, but I was wrong.
Well that's nothing new.
You are consistently wrong.

Well that's nothing new.
You are consistently wrong.
Hey, if God hasn't increased your 'measure" of faith (which is based on knowledge of the Word of God) then you just don't know.
When I respond to someone, I see them as equal to my knowledge until I interact with them and judge their knowledge by what they say. Some are sharp as knives and some need to be discipled.
Have you ever been discipled?

Hey, if God hasn't increased your 'measure" of faith (which is based on knowledge of the Word of God) then you just don't know.
When I respond to someone, I see them as equal to my knowledge until I interact with them and judge their knowledge by what they say. Some are sharp as knives and some need to be discipled.
Have you ever been discipled?
All this diversion.
So you still cannot explain what you meant.

Simply repeating this - especially after its been shown from Scripture to be untrue - doesn't somehow make it true.
Show me a covenant with Gentiles. And you can't use Abraham because Scripture clearly says he was Hebrew, and his family line goes straight to Eber who was the father of the Hebrew people.
Gentiles come from Ham and Japheth.

All this diversion.
So you still cannot explain what you meant.
I already did.
You're not "there" yet which is why I said to put it in the back burner of your mind and maybe perchance God may give you this knowledge and understanding one day.
God opens the eyes, and He closes the eyes. And right now, He's closed the eyes of Israel (blindness has happen to Israel) so that Gentiles may receive the blessings of Abraham until their day in the sun is closed by God and He turn His full attention on the apple of His eye and His Bride Israel.

Prevarication. I had to look that one up.
See, you taught me something.
Now let me teach you something. Got your thinking cap on?

Page 2 #23.
I guess you mean this piece of waffle.
So, Christ abolished the Law in HIS (sinless) flesh for His people but the Law is within us in the Person of the Holy Spirit, BUT the Law was not abolished in its being for sinful man for God needs it in which to judge man who do not have Christ. The Law was abolished by Christ "in His flesh" for His people to spare us from the power of the Law to kill but He hasn't done this for unatoned man - every person NOT named in the book of [eternal] life of the lamb slain.
I'm waiting for you to explain what you mean by that.

I guess you mean this piece of waffle.

I'm waiting for you to explain what you mean by that.
So, I have to explain my explanation???
If you don't understand it then I'm not the one to enlighten you. That's the Ministry of the Holy Spirit and if He's not giving you that light bulb above your head then you're not ready. Just put it in the back burner of your mind until He's ready to give 'it' to you.
I plant, another waters, but God gives the increase.
But only if the soil is good.

So, I have to explain my explanation???
If you don't understand it then I'm not the one to enlighten you. That's the Ministry of the Holy Spirit and if He's not giving you that light bulb above your head then you're not ready. Just put it in the back burner of your mind until He's ready to give 'it' to you.
I plant, another waters, but God gives the increase.
But only if the soil is good.
Translation: No, I can't explain my waffle so I will pretend it's your problem for not understanding.

I don't care if your Isaac. Paul's theology states "seed" not "seeds" and Jesus is that seed. In regard to the covenant God made with Abraham. Which was based off a promise. The law added does not set aside that promise based covenant.

Therefore only those in Christ, the seed of Abraham, are the actual heirs of that promise based covenant.
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Translation: No, I can't explain my waffle so I will pretend it's your problem for not understanding.
What's wrong with you?
Page 2 #23.
THAT'S WHERE I explained it. If you don't understand that's not my problem. I'm not the Holy Spirit. I can't open your eyes or your mind.

We are heirs of the promise (literally) What was the promise? To His seed.
TO ABRAHAM'S SEED.
And the Seed is Christ.

Where God makes covenant, He says so.
Here's two examples.

11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
Gen. 9:11.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. Gen. 17:2.

God made no covenant with Gentiles.
Gentiles are grafted in.
At the Marriage Supper of the Lamb Israel will be there by covenant.
Gentiles will be there by invitation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back