Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Gospel of Grace

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A 2x4 would be a modern term for what Jesus spoke of in Matthew and Luke . Not the number 8 .
Don't you like a riddle?
No, our faith does not stand in the wisdom( foolishness) of man, but in the power ( wisdom) of God.

1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

I guess you like riddles though ( self made)

Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

That is why I shared the verses how no man can repent unless given the Spirit.

I guess you would need to clarify what you mean by “given the Spirit”.

If you mean born again, then I whole heartedly disagree.

If you mean the power of grace that enables, then I agree.

JLB

Firstly, repentance has to be granted by God, 2 Timothy 2:25, and repentance is the clearing of ourselves 2 Corinthians 7:11 ( if God gives us the Holy Spirit to do that with.)

But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:23-26

This passage is written to and pertains to Christians, who are servants of the Lord, that have been taken captive by the devil, to do his will of bringing in strife and division that comes from those brothers who have strayed from the truth.

again Paul is writing to and instructing Christians

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

I am referring to obeying the Gospel, through the power of the Spirit, the Spirit of grace that enables us to repent and be saved; born again.

Obeying the truth, the Gospel truth of our salvation.

Jesus Christ is the truth. Every word that proceeds out of His mouth is the truth:

His Gospel
His Commandments
His Doctrine

There is only one group of people that will receive eternal salvation.

Those who obey Jesus Christ.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

JLB

But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:23-26

This passage is written to and pertains to Christians, who are servants of the Lord, that have been taken captive by the devil, to do his will of bringing in strife and division that comes from those brothers who have strayed from the truth.

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

I am referring to obeying the Gospel, through the power of the Spirit, the Spirit of grace that enables us to repent and be saved; born again.

Jesus Christ is the truth. Every word that proceeds out of His mouth is the truth:

His Gospel
His Commandments
His Doctrine

There is only one group of people that will receive eternal salvation.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

JLB
Paul speaks of 'the obedience of faith' in Romans, but I don't believe he taught 'saved today, lost tomorrow'.......

This time with Romans 1, you needed to continue a little longer to see the purpose( testimony) again.

The power of God is made known to all the world, so that all the world now became without excuse before God( the world is judged)

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

The power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit; The Spirit of grace.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

The Holy Spirit is grace.

There is only Gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is both to the Jews and the Gentiles.

JLB

Paul speaks of 'the obedience of faith' in Romans, but I don't believe he taught 'saved today, lost tomorrow'.......

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:4-7

• Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’

Are you contradicting the words of Jesus Christ?

JLB

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:4-7

JLB
I just don't see that the Bible teaches saved Monday, lost Tuesday, saved again Wednesday, lost Thursday, etc...........

Philippians 1.6: "He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".

I guess you would need to clarify what you mean by “given the Spirit”.

If you mean born again, then I whole heartedly disagree.

If you mean the power of grace that enables, then I agree.

JLB

Repentance is the gift of faith, the grace of Christ, of course that is the Spirit, and no man can boast he did anything then..

Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
rit( or what sort of gift would it be)

This passage is written to and pertains to Christians, who are servants of the Lord, that have been taken captive by the devil, to do his will of bringing in strife and division that comes from those brothers who have strayed from the truth

JLB
The word is directed to Christians to avoid being in iniquity, ( iniquity is unbelief) and listening to those who destroy the faith.

2 Timothy 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

They are then instructed to be a vessel unto honour, to be of use to God. To follow after righteousness ( by fleeing from the devil/ fleeing youthful lusts) and to be with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2 Timothy 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

When the servant of the Lord is fully prepared( hearing all these instructions of preparation from the Lord.) then they have meekness and patience to teach, and instruct others( who are taken captive by satan at will as they do not obey/believe to flee youthful lusts.) and God may, or may not, grant them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth. ( as the acknowledging of the truth is after godliness and the ungodly are incapable of confessing and are the ones who do denial in very word and breath and they require correcting on all things.)

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

JLB

Paul is writing for unbelievers to stop being unbelievers and to come out from among them..

2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

2 Corinthians 7:Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

JLB

To obey the Gospel is to believe the Gospel, that is why it is the obedience OF FAITH.

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Jesus guides us into the faith, and that is who obeys Him, who has been given faith.

That is why we look to Jesus the author of our salvation, who finishes our faith ( it is obedience of faith, AND IT IS THE FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST.)

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The obedience of faith is believing in the obedience of Jesus Christ. ( that is what was manifested after all to the world.)

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit; The Spirit of grace.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

The Holy Spirit is grace.

There is only Gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is both to the Jews and the Gentiles.

JLB
Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

JLB

If we continue as lost sheep, doing our own way, we will remain as lost.

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isaiah 56:11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

I just don't see that the Bible teaches saved Monday, lost Tuesday, saved again Wednesday, lost Thursday, etc...........

Philippians 1.6: "He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".

The good work is faith, if we continue in the faith grounded...

2 Thessalonians 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

What are all of you people going to do soon, when you will have a harder time explaining your lack of answers. ( faith.) to someone who can answer much better than me.

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them,does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:4-7

So you believe it’s impossible for one of His sheep to become lost?

JLB

Repentance is the gift of faith, the grace of Christ, of course that is the Spirit, and no man can boast he did anything then..

Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
rit( or what sort of gift would it be)

This does not clarify what “you mean” by “given the Spirit”.

1. If you mean a person is first born again, then then they can “believe” the Gospel then that is not biblical.
  2. If you mean the power of grace that enables them to believe, then I agree.

Which one of the statements describes what you mean?

JLB

Back