Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Grace

Continued obedience is necessary for one to become saved and remain saved

We are saved by faith and we remain saved by faith, works have nothing to do with saving us or keeping us saved.

Yes we have to continue to the end, but that is to continue having faith.
How do I know you have faith, by your works of love.

We are saved by faith and we remain saved by faith, works have nothing to do with saving us or keeping us saved.

Yes we have to continue to the end, but that is to continue having faith.
How do I know you have faith, by your works of love.
NT faith includes obedience. Faith is dead, worthless without obedience.

Again, Paul's point in Rom 6 is just because a Christian is saved by grace does not give the Christian a right to sin. The Christian must still strive to obey Christ. Not obeying means one is serving sin unto death. Therefore the Christian must continue to obey for disobedience brings about condemnation.

Rom 6:16 Paul shows that each of us are serving either one of two masters, we each are serving either;
1) sin unto death (condemnation)
or
2) obedience unto righteousness (salvation)

I serve obedience unto righteousness.

Those that follow Martin Luther's faith only philosophy, which are they serving?
(Faith only denies the idea of obedience unto righteousness)

Those that follow Martin Luther's faith only philosophy, which are they serving?

Did you actual read or understand my last line of my post?

I will repeated in the hope that you will read it.

"How do I know that you have faith, by your acts of love."

It means that Christian who have been saved by God's gift of saving faith, will show that they are Christian by the good deeds they do and that these are performed as an act of Love for Jesus.

Did you actual read or understand my last line of my post?

I will repeated in the hope that you will read it.

"How do I know that you have faith, by your acts of love."

It means that Christian who have been saved by God's gift of saving faith, will show that they are Christian by the good deeds they do and that these are performed as an act of Love for Jesus.
My point is that faith itself is a work and obedient works are necessary before one can be saved for Paul wrote "obedience UNTO salvation". And obedience is necessary after one is saved in order to maintain salvation.

Galatians 2:21-3:3
I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die. Foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross. Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the Law of Moses?? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort??
Its true. By our human efforts we cannot please God the human man is sinful. There is none righteous not one.

Back