Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

He is a pure God and we must be pure.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike

The first posts were separated from a thread I took off topic. Sorry to have done that in your thread, Classic!

If He'd come at night, then great advantage - because so many reconcile with Christ before going to bed - for they have the Fear that they Could die in their sleep. So if He comes at night many people would make heaven.
But I prefer He comes on a Sunday. Many people try and enter and leave churches concentrated.

This is not on topic, but I couldn't let this pass. Is our salvation dependent on us reconciling our last sin before we pass? This makes it sound like you're saying (for example) if someone were to die in an instant car accident, and he hadn't reconciled a sinful thought he was having at the moment, he wouldn't "make Heaven". Does a person who dies in his sleep (after asking for forgiveness) stand a better chance of "making Heaven" than the person in the car wreck?

Hebrews 10:12 "But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God."

1 Peter 2:24 "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."

Maybe this wasn't your intent, or maybe you were just joking. Apologies if I was making more of this than you intended, but I think it's worth a look. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Could Christ come at night?

This is not on topic, but I couldn't let this pass. Is our salvation dependent on us reconciling our last sin before we pass? This makes it sound like you're saying (for example) if someone were to die in an instant car accident, and he hadn't reconciled a sinful thought he was having at the moment, he wouldn't "make Heaven". Does a person who dies in his sleep (after asking for forgiveness) stand a better chance of "making Heaven" than the person in the car wreck?

Hebrews 10:12 "But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God."

1 Peter 2:24 "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."

Maybe this wasn't your intent, or maybe you were just joking. Apologies if I was making more of this than you intended, but I think it's worth a look. :)
I do not want to change the topic too. We could even move to a new thread.

If i understood your question, or If I could rephrase it...

Our making Heaven strictly depends on our 100% purity. 99.9% purity is not enough to take us to the Holy Kingdom of God.

James 2:10:
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point , he is guilty of all.

Mattew5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

You said:
( if someone were to die in an instant car accident, and he hadn't reconciled a sinful thought he was having at the moment, he wouldn't "make Heaven".)
You already called it a sinful thought. Lust is one! Christ made it clear.

You also wrote:

( Does a person who dies in his sleep (after asking for forgiveness) stand a better chance of "making Heaven" than the person in the car wreck?)

Yes - if the prayer is a sincere one. But I should not try to trick God by this - sinning all morning and reconciling with Him at night. Before travel, Before bedtime etc People do pray in case something happens. Not that it is the right time to reconcentrate your life to Him. We should Always be ready. Just in case you are guilty of any offence and could not have time to deal with it...
I do not understand your use of the two chapters.

Our making Heaven strictly depends on our 100% purity. 99.9% purity is not enough to take us to the Holy Kingdom of God.

I'll never make Heaven if i have to rely on my purity.

Jesus Christ, the blood He shed for my sins on the Cross is my covering for sin. His sacrifice alone is the atonement. My purity is as filthy rags...

Gal 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

I'll never make Heaven if i have to rely on my purity.
wow!
I guess you never understood my use of 'purity'. If someone (take for example) sinned against God and later goes back to Him in prayer, and says: Father, I Admit I have sinned...forgive me. Blah Blah Blah. He presents himself before God and reconciles with Him. God forgives him. He is now pure again in the sight of God. That is purity - Without which no single person is worthy to enter His Kingdom. He is a pure God and we must be pure.
Jesus Christ, the blood He shed for my sins on the Cross is my covering for sin. His sacrifice alone is the atonement. My purity is as filthy rags...
fantastic!
Yes: our purity is filthy rags - when we think our 'self-righteousness' is enough. The blood covers our sins...justification. And that does not imply the blood condones our deliberate wrongdoinig. (I don't refer to you here, dear Reba. You already know it. But I refer to the others who misinterpret what the Blood does)
Gal 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
This is lovely.
So if I have a sin in me, and I am conscious of it, I strongly believe it is big enough to contaminate that purity God deserves from me.
Is that okay?
Wow! It's like we need a thread.

I guess you never understood my use of 'purity'. If someone (take for example) sinned against God and later goes back to Him in prayer, and says: Father, I Admit I have sinned...forgive me. Blah Blah Blah. He presents himself before God and reconciles with Him. God forgives him. He is now pure again in the sight of God. That is purity - Without which no single person is worthy to enter His Kingdom. He is a pure God and we must be pure.
Maybe I'm not understanding either but I don't think I agree completely with this statement as I understand it. We can apologize until we are blue in the face and still none of us is ever worthy without the blood covering of the Lamb. That's why Jesus had to be sacrificed isn't it? It is through Him (Jesus) and Him alone. "No one comes to the father but by me," says the Lord. (paraphrased)

Classisk I sure dont understand your use of the word purity.

Nothing i do makes me acceptable to Him. Should i repent? yup always. :yes

As Ricky says to Lucy 'SLPANE" :)

Maybe I'm not understanding either but I don't think I agree completely with this statement as I understand it. We can apologize until we are blue in the face and still none of us is ever worthy without the blood covering of the Lamb. That's why Jesus had to be sacrificed isn't it? It is through Him (Jesus) and Him alone. "No one comes to the father but by me," says the Lord. (paraphrased)

Exactly that! The Blood does our redeemption. It is through Christ that we get to the Father. There is no other way. And when we sin and refuse to talk to Him about it, are we still worthy? Are we still blameless and pure before the Son and Father?

Reading Hebrews 10 everyone likes to quote the part about Jesus cleaning our sins forever but they never quote <sup>26</sup> For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, <sup id="en-NKJV-30157" class="versenum">27</sup> but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. <sup id="en-NKJV-30158" class="versenum">28</sup> Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. <sup id="en-NKJV-30159" class="versenum">29</sup> Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? <sup id="en-NKJV-30160" class="versenum">30</sup> For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,â€<sup class="footnote" value='[e]'>[e]</sup> says the Lord.<sup class="footnote" value='[f]'>[f]</sup> And again, “The LORD will judge His people.â€<sup class="footnote" value='[g]'>[g]</sup> <sup id="en-NKJV-30161" class="versenum">31</sup> It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I know it's trendy now to claim that the OT laws all went away but this follows the OT verses exactly. Accidental or inadvertent sin was covered by the blood of the sacrifice while willful sin there was not sacrifice to cover. I'm a bible literalistic and I believe that Jesus's blood on the Cross does not cover wilful sin either. You have to go to the Father and ask for Mercy in repenting wilful sin just like they did in the OT.

I have an idea this next exchange will be the endless semantic circle

When do we not sin? We are not worthy.

All the world see me sister Sue as a Christian i serve the Lord. Pray daily just about all the time give to the poor and needy always a kind word trust in the Lord wiht all my heart etc etc... I am driving down the road some guy steps in front of me i cuss:sad in a split second the simi hits me i am dead did i die a saved christian?

Classisk I sure dont understand your use of the word purity.

As Ricky says to Lucy 'SLPANE" :)

First of all, I can't stop loving your profile pix. It makes me remember my childhood fun.
It makes me remember Christ's saying: Let little children come to me...
It deserves a powerpoint animation.

those innocent eyes show the remarkable looking eyes...

Now, in order not to change the topic:

There is. You mentioned it Right. Your repentance makes you pure before Him. He looks at you and sees Christ. Christ is that purity in you.

And when man sins?
O o! Does He still see Jesus and the miracle of the cross in him? Even Christ will deny man - unless we go back to Him in repentance.

His death on the cross is insignificant when we refuse to acknowledge Him - when we refuse to turn away from our sins and cling to Him.

Our purity or self-righteousness is complete decay if we don't have Christ (through repentance)
Even Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo combined - Without Christ - is complete nonsense (forgive my use of soccer stars). Our fame can't get us to His Kingdom; our self-righteousness can't get us to Heaven!

The first step to our purity is the miracle of the cross and John 3:16.
And when we sin, do we still have that purity or blamelessnes.
That purity is Jesus in us. We lose That purity when we sin again.

Classik, here's a question to consider. If our salvation is constantly in question because of a cycle of sin, confession, sin, confession... and our slate is cleaned because we confess them, doesn't this sound like we are doing something to prompt it. It sounds to me like we are doing the work.

You asked why I felt these verse were pertinent.

Jesus offered Himself as a single sacrifice for all time, all sins. I believe it is to ignore this sacrifice if one feels he needs to go to God and confess each one they commit before His Blood is sufficient. I find it very hard to see how scripture can be used to support the notion that any particular unrepentant sin will prevent someone's salvation. I don't know how I can be more clear than this seems to openly be.

As I see it, Jesus bore our sins Himself, in full. All our sins were future sins, yet He bore them. I don't believe we could say that He bore them if we had to do more. Of course, Romans 6 talks about how we shouldn't use this as an excuse so that sin may abound. But as I see it, living according to God's purpose is a response to His Forgiveness, not a requirement to earn it. The requirements of earning salvation through works and praying for forgiveness for each individual sin are both "works" as far as I can tell. :nod

There is. You mentioned it Right. Your repentance makes you pure before Him. He looks at you and sees Christ. Christ is that purity in you.
Here we disagree my repentance dose not make me pure His Blood alone does.
And when man sins?
O o! Does He still see Jesus and the miracle of the cross in him? Even Christ will deny man - unless we go back to Him in repentance.

His death on the cross is insignificant when we refuse to acknowledge Him - when we refuse to turn away from our sins and cling to Him.
God did not send Christ to fail.
Our purity or self-righteousness is complete decay if we don't have Christ (through repentance)
His sacrifice is my salvation
Even Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo combined - Without Christ - is complete nonsense (forgive my use of soccer stars). Our fame can't get us to His Kingdom; our self-righteousness can't get us to Heaven!
Willy McCovey or Joe Montana i know of.....:lol sorry
The first step to our purity is the miracle of the cross and John 3:16.
And when we sin, do we still have that purity or blamelessnes.
That purity is Jesus in us. We lose That purity when we sin again.
I cant go there we sin all the time... we are covered all the time His covering makes the difference not what we do ( speaking of Christians here )

Reading Hebrews 10 everyone likes to quote the part about Jesus cleaning our sins forever but they never quote <sup>26</sup> For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, <sup id="en-NKJV-30157" class="versenum">27</sup> but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. <sup id="en-NKJV-30158" class="versenum">28</sup> Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. <sup id="en-NKJV-30159" class="versenum">29</sup> Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? <sup id="en-NKJV-30160" class="versenum">30</sup> For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,â€<sup class="footnote" value='[e]'>[e]</sup> says the Lord.<sup class="footnote" value='[f]'>[f]</sup> And again, “The LORD will judge His people.â€<sup class="footnote" value='[g]'>[g]</sup> <sup id="en-NKJV-30161" class="versenum">31</sup> It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I know it's trendy now to claim that the OT laws all went away but this follows the OT verses exactly. Accidental or inadvertent sin was covered by the blood of the sacrifice while willful sin there was not sacrifice to cover. I'm a bible literalistic and I believe that Jesus's blood on the Cross does not cover wilful sin either. You have to go to the Father and ask for Mercy in repenting wilful sin just like they did in the OT.

That is indeed our problem! Thanks for the quotation!

His death on the cross is not a ticket for us to continue in sin hoping that His Blood covers us!

As man, we can't avoid continual repentance. At the knowledge of any - Simply kneel and pray to Him to revive the cross!
Thanks again.

I have an idea this next exchange will be the endless semantic circle

When do we not sin? We are not worthy.

All the world see me sister Sue as a Christian i serve the Lord. Pray daily just about all the time give to the poor and needy always a kind word trust in the Lord wiht all my heart etc etc... I am driving down the road some guy steps in front of me i cuss:sad in a split second the simi hits me i am dead did i die a saved christian?

God watches the heart! Not all outbursts are really intended. What was the cuss?
peter did it and Christ immediately corrected him; He took the knife from him. He watches the heart. And when we come to our senses...what happens?

Is Sam's accidental sin the same as Joe's?

Are addictions sin? are controlled addictions sin?

That could apply to a new convert and the LORD would help him/her stop. If after my 10 years journey with the LORD I get addicted to something wouldn't my christianity be questionable? I could have fallen away or could have long quenched the Spirit!

God watches the heart! Not all outbursts are really intended. What was the cuss?
peter did it and Christ immediately corrected him; He took the knife from him. He watches the heart. And when we come to our senses...what happens?
WOAH!! So we're in his Grace one moment and out when we stumble???

Classic, I hope you don't thing we're (I'm) labeling you as a heretic. I feel your heart for the Lord. But, I really think this way of thinking is to not be living as a Forgiven child of God. We are not so easily taken in and out of salvation.

I heard a sermon the other day by David Jeremiah about a foreign prison that was run by Christians. They had a room that had been used for the torture of inmates. He toured this prison. When they got to the room that was once used for torture, the guard asked if he really wanted to see inside. He said there was one person who now lived in it. David said, "yes". When they opened the steel door, there was no one there but Jesus. He did it ALL, and we cannot live under the pretense that we ought to constantly reject that sacrifice.

We do not move out of salvation with each sin. God does not hold that threat over our necks. No, we don't use this as an excuse to sin all the more. Rather, we strive (as Paul said) to become more like him. :yes

Classik, here's a question to consider. If our salvation is constantly in question because of a cycle of sin, confession, sin, confession... and our slate is cleaned because we confess them, doesn't this sound like we are doing something to prompt it. It sounds to me like we are doing the work.

You asked why I felt these verse were pertinent.

Jesus offered Himself as a single sacrifice for all time, all sins. I believe it is to ignore this sacrifice if one feels he needs to go to God and confess each one they commit before His Blood is sufficient. I find it very hard to see how scripture can be used to support the notion that any particular unrepentant sin will prevent someone's salvation. I don't know how I can be more clear than this seems to openly be.

As I see it, Jesus bore our sins Himself, in full. All our sins were future sins, yet He bore them. I don't believe we could say that He bore them if we had to do more. Of course, Romans 6 talks about how we shouldn't use this as an excuse so that sin may abound. But as I see it, living according to God's purpose is a response to His Forgiveness, not a requirement to earn it. The requirements of earning salvation through works and praying for forgiveness for each individual sin are both "works" as far as I can tell. :nod

This should just do:

Our Father, which art in heaven,

Hallowed be thy Name.

Thy Kingdom come.

Thy will be done in earth,

As it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses,

As we forgive them that trespass against us.And lead us not into temptation,

But deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,

The power, and the glory,