Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

He will show you things to come...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Eugene,

I hope that I'm wrong here... although it appears to me that you do not believe Matthew 19 and Matthew 25 with respect to the LORD then sitting upon the throne of his glory with His Apostles also sitting upon twelve thrones.

The reason I say this is because these are perfectly plain statements in the scriptures... and yet when I asked you what they mean to you... nothing... as if they aren't even there.

I really don't understand why this is.. is there something wrong with the Lord coming and then sitting upon the throne of His glory ?
Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Just what time period of Jesus’ rule do you suppose these to be? I don’t expect the exact date but just what is the Lord’s Day to you? Please explain in detail what you’re attempting to say.

When He COMES Eugene...

Is that so difficult to understand ?

And YES, this is the Lord's day... which is the LAST DAY, the DAY of His rest... literally a thousand years. When the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Just what time period of Jesus’ rule do you suppose these to be? I don’t expect the exact date but just what is the Lord’s Day to you? Please explain in detail what you’re attempting to say.

When He COMES Eugene...

Okay. Thanks anyhow.

When He COMES Eugene...

Okay. Thanks anyhow.

Okay.. Whatever that's supposed to mean...

Perhaps some don't actually believe that He is coming...

Anyhow..

I would have thought that things like His coming a second time apart from sin for salvation.. would be obvious things to come..

Maybe not...

Why wouldn't anyone believe that the Lord is coming again... imo this could not be more clear in the scriptures, but then again... evidently this isn't obvious to everyone.

How about the god of this present evil world... the prince of the power of the air... being cast down to the earth..?

How about the beast from the sea and the beast from the earth...

There are literally tons of things which shall be hereafter... and the Revelation is not the only place where we find these things... even the OT speaks of the Day of the LORD and that is clearly a thing to come.. for it shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I can't find this is the Bible.
What book?
What chapter?
What verses?
What Bible version are you using?

You should tell us these things in your OP.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

What book?
What chapter?
What verses?

This is the Gospel of John, chapter 16, verses 12-14

What book?
What chapter?
What verses?

Allen sorry, you're right, it should be in the OP.

Thanks for pointing to that mark.

Now I hope that it's obvious that understanding the things to come is not simply a matter of reading these things from a page.. although to a Christian it eventually should be that way imo, as we grow in the grace and in the knowledge of Him...

So the most important question perhaps for this thread and topic might be...

How do we know that there are things to come...?

IMO the answer to that is in the answer to how a Christian is born again in the first place...

And I'm sure that the thoughts and answers vary significantly as to how a person is born again... although biblically speaking... all are born again by the incorruptible word of God which lives and abides for ever... whether that was spoken audibly as in the ancient times of the OT saints.. or today where we have the more sure word of prophecy through the Holy scriptures..

IMO that's how we know...

But let's please not go off on a tangent about being born again... it should be considered a pre requisite for knowing the things to come...

The W O R L D to come...

Perhaps the most amazing thing to come... is the world to come...

For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. but one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him.

But now we see not yet all things put under him.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

What a wonderful world it shall be... when the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ.

Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing...

The Spirit of Truth will guide us into all truth.
We will know the Spirit of Truth from the spirit of falsehood.
We will be given fuller revelations.
Things to come...
False messiahs, false doctrines, false signs and wonders.
These too are things to come.
And they are here now.
The Spirit of Truth is revealed in the Word of God.
The Word of God reveals the Spirit of Truth.
We are without excuse.

Things to come...
And they are here now.
We are without excuse.

This is what I said in my post. Eventide has a hard time recieving what the answer to what the whole passage was about. It's about being spirit led, the Holy Spirit will show us things in our future and give us a gimps of the plan of God that we may get in the right direction.

They were confused about why Jesus was leaving them, Jesus said I will not leave you comfortless but send the Holy Spirit that will guide you into all truth and show you things to come. I gave some examples of this.

On track as always allenwynne, good post.

Mike.

Things to come...
And they are here now.
We are without excuse.

This is what I said in my post. Eventide has a hard time recieving what the answer to what the whole passage was about. It's about being spirit led, the Holy Spirit will show us things in our future and give us a gimps of the plan of God that we may get in the right direction.

They were confused about why Jesus was leaving them, Jesus said I will not leave you comfortless but send the Holy Spirit that will guide you into all truth and show you things to come. I gave some examples of this.

Mike.

Thank you Mike.
Sometimes I think everyone thinks I'm dumb.

Thank you Mike.
Sometimes I think everyone thinks I'm dumb.

Is that worse than everyone thinking your slacking off and not reaching your potential? Tough call........... but great insight and post that the Holy Spirit will lay out those things God has prepared and eye have not seen or ear heard for those that love God. The Holy Ghost will reveal those things and plans to us that we may stay focused on the prize.

I think it's more fox like. Foxes don't look like much, but that is all just a decoy until they surprise you. Ya, you have to watch them foxes.........

Blessings!!!

Mike.

Things to come...
And they are here now.
We are without excuse.

Is this all that is to come ? False messiahs, false doctrines, false signs and wonders...?

While I agree with that, there is obviously more to come...

Things like the resurrection of the dead... The marriage of the Lamb to His wife... Etc..

Thanks for sharing !

Eventide has a hard time recieving what the answer to what the whole passage was about. It's about being spirit led, the Holy Spirit will show us things in our future and give us a gimps of the plan of God that we may get in the right direction.

Mike.

And you were talking about the importance of speaking in tongues which has absolutely nothing to do with receiving revelation from the Spirit of God.

Speaking in tongues is certainly not a pre requisite for knowing or understanding things to come... although being born again by the incorruptible word of God which LIVES and ABIDES for ever certainly is.

How does a born again Christian discern the things which are (present) from the things which shall be (future) hereafter ? Is it simply because they're worded that way, or is there more to it than that ?

How do we know that the Day of the Lord is future rather than present or past ?

Back