Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

heresy... top three that we find here

should we speak out against heresy, or let it pass. Explain please.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Henry, many religious leaders in the day thought that they understood what the scriptures were teaching, but then the Lord had to enlighten them to the real meaning. Jesus Himself asked people how they read the scriptures and then He revealed the true meaning. Just because many are not quick to label just about anyone who disagrees with them as a heretic, does not mean that people don't love the truth. Just because what there are differences in understanding doesn't mean that people are intentionally trying to distort the word of God. Hopefully, we are all seeking and trusting God in our studies of His word. If we are truly trusting Him, He will bring it to light in His own time.

If you feel that strongly about UR, why wasn't it listed as a top three? Just asking. God bless.

Henry,

I have been reading this thread and was not going to comment but the last remark by you made me want to speak out.

Henry, to be honest with you, I think what you teach is heresy. I have never called you a heretic and I don't believe I have the right to call anyone such. You believe what you believe because that is what God wants you to believe, otherwise God would change your mind. I would have never said you teach heresy but you brought up the subject and are willing to call others a heretic, so, I am saying what I think just like you did. Sorry.

I know you think we are of the Devil and we make you sick but I get more worried when someone starts speaking good of me than the things you say. (Luke 6:26) Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. (Verse 27) But I say unto you which hear, Love YOUR ENEMIES, DO GOOD TO THEM WHICH HATE YOU, BLESS THEM THAT CURSE YOU, AND PRAY FOR THEM WHICH DESPITEFULLY USE YOU. So, I say " bless you Henry, and Father forgive him for he knoweth not what he doeth".

(Luke 6:22) BLESSED ARE YE, when men SHALL HATE YOU, AND WHEN THEY SHALL SEPARATE YOU FROM THEIR COMPANY, AND SHALL REPROCH YOU, AND CAST OUT YOUR NAME AS EVIL, FOR THE SON OF MAN'S SAKE.

Henry, when you speak evil of us, you are causing us to be blessed.

(Luke 6:37) Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Jesus hung around Publicans and sinners. (Luke 15:2) And the Pharisees and scribs murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

I believe Paul had the understanding and right to discern whether one was teaching heresy, but I don't think there is anyone today that is qualified to tell another they are a heretic. If Paul was alive today and he told me I was a heretic, then I would get scared and start praying for God to change my beliefs but there is so many different beliefs today and so much confusion as to what is right, plus, we don't have the original manuscripts to go by. Are you absolutely positive that what you believe is the absolute truth?

Charlotte

Shana

The bible dear not excuses, open the bible and show me.

Charlotte

Henry, to be honest with you, I think what you teach is heresy.

So what, I am not interested what you 'think' I am interested in what the Bible says. As I said already the BIBLE dear show me my error according the bible.

Oh and the heresies that I listed are historic and not merely my personal opinions, I did not make them up.

ou believe what you believe because that is what God wants you to believe, otherwise God would change your mind

Nonesence, that would mean that God would want mormons to believe they can be gods too, sorry dear that is a terrible things to say. Satan is a great deceiver and this would be his best tool ever " what ever you believe is what God wants you to beleive" or in simpler terms, "It ALL good"

I know you think we are of the Devil and we make you sick but I get more worried when someone starts speaking good of me than the things you say.

LOL, I find it interesting that you can know what I think. But anytime I say anything I am accused of being judgemental??HMMMMM

Anyways, I do not think you are of the devil. That is jsut stupid....Demons are from the devil.

you though may certainly be decieved by the devil, that is true. But I know that most the time the devils lies are so sweet and tainted with just enough truth they are hard to see.

Which is why I say BIBLE BIBLE BILBE, show me in the Bible!

I don't think there is anyone today that is qualified to tell another they are a heretic.

satan say Great news!! That is the problem, too many Christians have lost the decernment abilities and are left wide open for deception.

Paul was alive today and he told me I was a heretic, then I would get scared and start praying for God to change my beliefs

How easy is that to say, he is not alive. IF IF IF IF... well his words are recorded and he did have BIG issues with false teachings and false teachers. That dear is not something that has gotten better, but WORSE!

but there is so many different beliefs today and so much confusion as to what is right

So what? This is why I say the BIBLE dear show me in the bible.

we don't have the original manuscripts to go by. Are you absolutely positive that what you believe is the absolute truth?

Weakest argument of them all, we have a multitude of evidence far more then ANY other ancient document for the bible. And the Bible has stood the test of time, we have thousands of manuscripts that get right into the very century they were written, and they are still the same today.

This idea that the bible has been changed is just not going to pan out in the evidence and is nothing but an excuse and cop out for false teaching.

You simply say, well the parts that teach what I am saying were taken out.

Weak.

Well, I am done with this thread. I have learned that I have a big job making sure that the people in my gathering are taught truth and how to decern false teachings.

What is the problem, Henry if you are still around? If you believe that something is incorrect teaching, then by all means present your reasons for this with scriptural support. I don't disagree with this, but I am only saying that we should be careful in our approach. There are some things which I believe are nonessentials such as what Paul spoke about to the Corinthians. One may celebrate this day and one may not. It isn't a big issue, but we respond in the way of love, doing what is best for the brother in Christ. I have not studied the various theologies or beliefs concerning who believes in the Trinity and who does not in detail. It is not an essential me. The essential thing is that Jesus Christ, our Lord, came in the flesh and that He died for our sins. We have life in His name, and now, we are to live our lives for Him. I am not even sure that I would converse with you on any of the theologies you presented because I am not even sure that you have given a correct presentation of what they believe. I say this because you did not do this when you made statements concerning UR belief. Take care and God bless you.

Back