Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Heresy

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Heidie and Ginger, thats why I can't back-up you guys..I don't believe the exact same ways as you do, you guys attack stuff that are trivial differences.
Because I don't believe exactly the same, I realize from readng what you guys post that sooner or later you would oust me out of your little group on my behind.
Yes, I would much rather be the lone ranger. :-D

destiny said:
Heidie and Ginger, thats why I can't back-up you guys..I don't believe the exact same ways as you do, you guys attack stuff that are trivial differences.
Because I don't believe exactly the same, I realize from readng what you guys post that sooner or later you would oust me out of your little group on my behind.

I know it is trivial to you because you want to follow easy salvation theology.

gingercat said:
destiny said:

I know it is trivial to you because you want to follow easy salvation theology.
Ever read this and really let it sink in?...

Luke 18: 9-14
"Two men went up into the temple to pray;
one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector.
The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this:
‘God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.
I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.’
But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn’t even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying,
‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

destiny said:
ke 18: 9-14
‘God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.
But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn’t even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying,
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

What does this have to do with what we are talking about? Please get to the point instead of being so vague.

gingercat said:
destiny said:
ke 18: 9-14

What does this have to do with what we are talking about? Please get to the point instead of being so vague.
The pharisees proud heart was exposed moreso than the subject he was praying on.
The heart is exposed in not so much what we say, but how we say it.
Thinking you are right isn't all there is to being a christian...You have to present Christ in your attitude and heart as well as your words.
If your words lack humility, all you are doing is fueling arguments and working AGAINST Christ, while being under the delusion that you are being persecuted for righteousness sake.

Gingercat, that scripture relates to how you are judging everyone else and telling everyone that they are wrong, evil in some cases. You are doing this deapite realising that you yourself are a sinner as well as everyone else and should be working on your forgiveness from a God a as well.

In the sripture provided by Destiny, the Pharisee compared himself to others, talking about his good deeds, ignoring is own sins. The tax collector, on the other hand, ignored what others were doing and focused on himself, his sins and not those of others.

Johny said:
Gingercat, that scripture relates to how you are judging everyone else and telling everyone that they are wrong, evil in some cases. quote]

Johny,

We are here to express our convictions.

What you are doing is one of the best tactics to silence the truth and reality.

I hope you read my thread "Satan's best tactics"

Let's not help satan by hiding the truth and reality of Christian community.

That's how hypocrisy keeps going by silencing the reality.

Johny,

I would like to add that the Bible tells us to expose the evil deeds of darkness in Ephesisans 5:11-12

"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darknessh, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disovedient do in sectret.

destiny said:
The pharisees proud heart was exposed moreso than the subject he was praying on.

So you are sayin that I am being like pharisees?

I don't believe so. I am here to express my convictions. If you judge me as you are doing, no one can stop you. Everyone has right to express their opinions. This is free country. :wink:

We will see who are telling the truth. In the mean time, I will keep on speaking up for the Lord.

BTW, who comes here to express their convictions that they don't think are right?

Johny,

Following Jesus is not easy, Jesus says in Luke 14:33

"..any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple."

This Scripture means "Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, strength and mind"

The New Testament time dicsiples are our good examples to follow. Do you think we are working like those disciples? Absolutely not!

If you are seeking easy salvation, it is not for you, Johny.

gingercat said:
Johny,

I would like to add that the Bible tells us to expose the evil deeds of darkness in Ephesisans 5:11-12

"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darknessh, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disovedient do in sectret.

You keep saying that you want to expose the evil deeds of others, but you fail to understand who the verses apply to. In the verse you provided above, the fruitless deeds apply to unbeleivers, not Christians. Although some Christians are evil, from what I've seen no one here belongs in that category. Yet you still continue to judge others here.

For example, being Catholic or going to Church doesn't make a person evil and quite frankly, there are much more important things to dwell on than attacking other Christians.

Luke 22: 36

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Johny said:
fritless deeds apply to unbeleivers,

Johny,

In the Matt 7:15 -16. "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them."

Matt 7:21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven,"

These are warnings from the Lord Jesus about false priests and pastors and brethren. Just because we call ourselves Christians Jesus will not just take it, Johny.

That's why we have to look for the fruit to discerning what people preach.

If you are not reading the Bible everyday and obey everything what it says, you cannot recognize anyone's fruit either. How long have you been reading the Bible and obeying Jesus?

gingercat said:
Heidi said:
I said the Holy Spirit in us is what convicts us of sin.

Holy Spirit convicts us of sin but we don't have to listen if don't want to. That's is our free will to resist conviction too. He does not force us to listen to Him.

Gingercat, if someone heals you of blindness, how can you not be in the light? What does that have to do with choice? Once our blindfolds are off, we cannot help but see light. That has nothing to do with choice any more than being born in sin has anything to do with choice. Even if you want to become blind again, your body will resist the desire to do so. The Holy Spirit is simply much bigger than the devil. End of story.

Good day Heide, we just have to agree to disagree on this matter. We will find out soon enough to see who is being deceived. :biggrin

Heidi said:
gingercat said:
Gingercat, if someone heals you of blindness, how can you not be in the light? What does that have to do with choice? Once our blindfolds are off, we cannot help but see light. That has nothing to do with choice any more than being born in sin has anything to do with choice. Even if you want to become blind again, your body will resist the desire to do so. The Holy Spirit is simply much bigger than the devil. End of story.

I have to agree with Heidi. Now I may be way off, but if you are filled with the Holy Spirit than how can you chose to ignore it? It is now a part of you, if you really are full of the Spirit than you know when you sin.

Fact of the matter is, we all sin but that doesn't mean that we choose to ignore God.

Hi, I found this remark on another site: It is a part of an remark by a Eugene Shubert. I thought it worth the trouble of posting it here?
---John

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is instruction that my critics and detractors need; I understand it. But if they presume to be teachers, I will listen.

All you teachers of the Law, please reconcile Matthew 7:1-2 with the following judgments:

“Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.†John 7:24.
“I have written you in my letter not to associate with immoral peopleâ€â€not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. Expel the wicked man from among you.†1 Corinthians 5:9-13.

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of Godâ€â€having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.ââ¬Â 2 Timothy 3:1

Johny said:
Heidi said:
gingercat said:

I have to agree with Heidi. Now I may be way off, but if you are filled with the Holy Spirit than how can you chose to ignore it? It is now a part of you, if you really are full of the Spirit than you know when you sin.

Fact of the matter is, we all sin but that doesn't mean that we choose to ignore God.

Absolutely! We become a new creation. The old is gone and the new has come. :)

John the Baptist said:
Hi, I found this remark on another site: It is a part of an remark by a Eugene Shubert. I thought it worth the trouble of posting it here?
---John

quote:

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

This is instruction that my critics and detractors need; I understand it. But if they presume to be teachers, I will listen.

All you teachers of the Law, please reconcile Matthew 7:1-2 with the following judgments:

“Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.†John 7:24.
“I have written you in my letter not to associate with immoral peopleâ€â€not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. Expel the wicked man from among you.†1 Corinthians 5:9-13.

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of Godâ€â€having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.†2 Timothy 3:1

Thank you John. :angel:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back