Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Holding Them Accountable

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Uncle J

Starting a thread to keep track of all the cases related to the "Big Lie" of the 2020 election.

Today, we have....

Judge holds Giuliani liable in Georgia election workers’ defamation case and orders him to pay fees

"WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge on Wednesday held Rudy Giuliani liable in a defamation lawsuit brought by two Georgia election workers who say they were falsely accused of fraud, entering a default judgment against the former New York City mayor and ordering him to pay tens of thousands of dollars in lawyers’ fees."

Next, the case goes before a jury to determine how much money he has to pay the two workers he defamed.

In court, Trump supporter faces election official he violently threatened

"PHOENIX — The election officials piled into the front row of a federal courtroom — a show of support for a local public official who has endured more than two years of attacks for his role in helping to certify Donald Trump’s loss in Arizona in 2020.

Clint Hickman’s simple act — which was required by law and his oath as chairman of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors — resulted in hundreds of mostly anonymous threats. Hickman, a 58-year-old Republican who has served as a supervisor for a decade, says he is so tired of election denialism and hostility toward rank-and-file staff that he has not yet decided if he will run for reelection next year.

On Monday, he came face-to-face with one of his harassers.

Mark Rissi, a 65-year-old from Iowa who has worked in customer service in recent years, walked into the courtroom using a cane. He slowly passed Hickman as he made his way to the defendant’s table. In April, he pleaded guilty to sending threatening communications to Hickman and the state’s former attorney general, Mark Brnovich, also a Republican....

...Rissi called Hickman’s office and left a voice mail.

“Hello, Mr. Hickman, I am glad that you are standing up for democracy and want to place your hand on the Bible and say that the election was honest and fair,” Rissi said, according to court records and an audio of the recording obtained by The Washington Post. “I really appreciate that.”

Rissi spoke slowly and calmly, giving the initial impression that his message was one of support. Then his voice quickly changed.

“When we come to lynch your stupid lying commie a--, you’ll remember that you lied on the f---ing Bible, you piece of s---,” Rissi angrily said. “You’re going to die, you piece of s---. We’re going to hang you. We’re going to hang you.”

Weeks later, on Dec. 8, 2021, Rissi left a message for the attorney general. Rissi said he and his family members were victims of a crime — “the theft of the 2020 election,” court records said.

“Do your job, Brnovich, or you will hang with those son-of-a-b----es in the end,” Rissi said. “We will see to it, torches and pitchforks. That’s your future. … Do your job.”...

...Lanza issued a sentence of 30 months — six months more than requested by the Justice Department, drawing audible gasps in the courtroom.

The judge said he hoped the punishment would deter those dissatisfied by future election outcomes, showing that there is an “unambiguous and serious line” that cannot be crossed when contacting public officials. He echoed concerns voiced by a prosecutor about an alarming exodus of government election workers amid a hostile and threatening environment. He said a “general deterrence” was “extremely important.”

“This cuts to the core of how our democracy works,” Lanza said.
"

HI Uncle J

Yes, I've often marveled at the difference in intelligence between a Democrat and a Republican politician. The Republican seems to get caught in every little issue in which he/she might try to break the law. Leaving evidence all over the place. The Democrat, on the other hand, is soooo much smarter in that they seem to be able to get away with, according to their accusers, pretty much the same crimes and not leave a shred of evidence lying around.

God bless,
Ted

Proud Boy leader Joseph Biggs sentenced to 17 years for Jan. 6 crimes

"A former leader in the far-right Proud Boys group was sentenced Thursday to 17 years in prison, just shy of the longest punishment imposed on a participant in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“That day broke our tradition of peaceful transfer of power,” said U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly as he sentenced Joseph Biggs, 39, of Florida. “We don’t have it anymore.”

Biggs was one of four Proud Boys found guilty at trial earlier this year of engaging in a seditious conspiracy to keep Donald Trump in power by force, along with obstructing Congress and other crimes.

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes, found guilty of a separate seditious conspiracy involving his extremist group, was sentenced earlier this year to 18 years in prison. In both cases, judges applied enhancements for terrorism that pushed the sentencing range they must consider. But Kelly told Biggs, “It’s not my job to label you a terrorist, and my sentence today won’t do that. That’s for other people to argue about.”
"

Proud Boy Zachary Rehl receives 15 years in prison, half of government request

"Proud Boy Zachary Rehl was sentenced Thursday to 15 years in prison after being convicted of leading an inflamed mob toward the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, in an attempt to stop the certification of the 2020 election results.

Addressing the court Thursday, the former Philadelphia Proud Boys chapter president said he let politics consume his life, causing him to “lose track of who and what mattered most.”

Jan 6., he said, was a “despicable day.”

“I’m done with politics, done with peddling lies for other people who don’t care about me,” Rehl said, taking breaks from speaking to wipe his tears and catch his breath.

Rehl’s sentence is just half of the 33-year sentence prosecutors requested, a decision U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly attributed to ensuring Jan. 6 sentences do not have too great a disparity between them.
"

HI Uncle J

It's going to be a hard nut to swallow, as this man did, for those in the GOP 'power' group to one day sit back and come to the realization that it's always all been a lie. And people are letting politics get in the way of a working government. It honestly no more matters whether anyone has a good bill or is championing some just cause of the people. It's now about hate and division between the two major parties that has the country in a complete governmental gridlock.

This new attitude came from none other than Donald John Trump. He has foisted upon a very sizeable segment of the Republican organization this new attitude of hate and division and everything has to be my way or no way. That's not what the U.S. has ever looked for in its presidential leadership. But now we have it and it just seems to be taking forever for people to come to their senses as to what all they're being told.

There is no 'undeniable evidence' that the 2020 election was any different than any other, as to its validity. There aren't now, nor were there ever, any 'hundreds of thousands' of uncounted Republican ballots left out anywhere. And the nation is not being run by Marxist fascists, but by people who were duly elected by the people to be where they are, doing what they're doing. The U.S. will not be destroyed if we don't elect what's his name the blabber mouth, as president again. We will endure for a time with a democratically elected government of the people, for the people. But that clause has never meant or inferred that everyone gets their way all the time. It's a government of the majority of us. Elected by, supported by a majority of the people.

It wasn't ever designed to allow someone who only has some small core of rabid followers to reach the position of power. It's the voice of the people and I'm confident that the people were tired of Trump's old song and dance routine of being victimized and everything weaponized against him. They wanted a sane and reasonable leader!! Sadly, the only alternative, when it got down to making the final choice, was Joe Biden. He won because most everyone who's really ever dealt with Trump can't stand the man. The only people it seems who can, are those getting rich off of him and his charade.

The 2020 election was as accurate and valid as any election we've had in the last 40 years. It's time for everyone to accept that the lies aren't coming from anyone but the orange man.

Now, has Pres. Biden done something untoward with his son's work? I haven't seen any evidence of that as yet. Again, the GOP now for over two years keeps holding out the carrot, "It's coming! It's going to be the next big reveal!!! Stay tuned we're going to find that evidence if it takes us 50 lifetimes and a 1,000 presidencies. ROFL!!!! These guys got nothing! They're just upset that they aren't able to clear their golden boy and are really frustrated that they can't prove that Pres. Biden is just as crooked as their boy is. And to stand out here looking in, it's desperately sad what has become of our politics.

God bless,
Ted

It's going to be a hard nut to swallow, as this man did, for those in the GOP 'power' group to one day sit back and come to the realization that it's always all been a lie.
The two guys that were sentenced today cried in court. Maybe it's callous of me, but I find that hilarious given how they presented themselves as such tough guys.

The second guy, Zach R., straight up blamed Trump for everything, so yeah....I think the realization you describe is setting in for some of these folks. Just a bit late though.

And people are letting politics get in the way of a working government. It honestly no more matters whether anyone has a good bill or is championing some just cause of the people. It's now about hate and division between the two major parties that has the country in a complete governmental gridlock.
Yup. It's been fascinating to read the accounts of MAGA faithful getting elected to local government positions, but then struggling to do the actual work of running the government. I've been in those types of jobs before and they're incredibly tedious, repetitive, and boring (at least for me), but they have to be done to keep things like road repairs and the like going.

Not that long ago we had some MAGA people running for local positions and some of them were on a local AM radio show going on and on about abortion, gays, guns, Bibles in schools, immigration, etc. So I called in and asked why they were talking about those things given how the positions they were running for had no say in any of them. They hung up on me and the host apologized for the call screener "letting a liberal in".

This new attitude came from none other than Donald John Trump. He has foisted upon a very sizeable segment of the Republican organization this new attitude of hate and division and everything has to be my way or no way. That's not what the U.S. has ever looked for in its presidential leadership. But now we have it and it just seems to be taking forever for people to come to their senses as to what all they're being told.
That's an interesting question, because a lot of liberal commenters, pundits, and bloggers are saying the GOP started down this road a long time ago and Trump just took it to the next obvious level.

Personally, I see it as primarily (but not exclusively) a result of the intersection of right-wing media and a voter base that tends to be very tribal and lacking in critical thinking skills. As we found out from Dominion's suit against Fox News, FN knew what they were telling their viewers wasn't true but they also knew those viewers would bail on them if they told them the truth. They pretty much said (internally) outright "If we stop telling them what they want to hear and start telling them the truth, they'll leave".

It's gotten so bad that now the right-wing lives in a completely different reality than the rest of us.

There is no 'undeniable evidence' that the 2020 election was any different than any other, as to its validity. There aren't now, nor were there ever, any 'hundreds of thousands' of uncounted Republican ballots left out anywhere. And the nation is not being run by Marxist fascists, but by people who were duly elected by the people to be where they are, doing what they're doing. The U.S. will not be destroyed if we don't elect what's his name the blabber mouth, as president again. We will endure for a time with a democratically elected government of the people, for the people. But that clause has never meant or inferred that everyone gets their way all the time. It's a government of the majority of us. Elected by, supported by a majority of the people.
There ya' go, Exhibit A....the right-wing alternate reality covers waaaaaaay more areas than it used to.

It wasn't ever designed to allow someone who only has some small core of rabid followers to reach the position of power. It's the voice of the people and I'm confident that the people were tired of Trump's old song and dance routine of being victimized and everything weaponized against him. They wanted a sane and reasonable leader!! Sadly, the only alternative, when it got down to making the final choice, was Joe Biden. He won because most everyone who's really ever dealt with Trump can't stand the man. The only people it seems who can, are those getting rich off of him and his charade.
Very, very well put and I fully agree.

The 2020 election was as accurate and valid as any election we've had in the last 40 years. It's time for everyone to accept that the lies aren't coming from anyone but the orange man.
Unfortunately I think that's highly doubtful. A lot of them are so wedded to the alternate reality that it would likely be psychologically traumatic for them to leave it, similar to leaving a cult.

Now, has Pres. Biden done something untoward with his son's work? I haven't seen any evidence of that as yet. Again, the GOP now for over two years keeps holding out the carrot, "It's coming! It's going to be the next big reveal!!! Stay tuned we're going to find that evidence if it takes us 50 lifetimes and a 1,000 presidencies. ROFL!!!! These guys got nothing! They're just upset that they aren't able to clear their golden boy and are really frustrated that they can't prove that Pres. Biden is just as crooked as their boy is. And to stand out here looking in, it's desperately sad what has become of our politics.
They know all that and they're not stupid people either. They know their loyal voters will vote R no matter what as will loyal D voters. Their targets are the "undecided voters" who don't really pay much attention to politics. If they can get things like "Biden under investigation", "Biden accused of taking bribes", or "Biden crime family" into the news cycle, they know some of those undecideds won't look beyond the headlines and will just assume Biden is corrupt.

IOW, it doesn't matter if the narrative is true, it just has to be out there.

BTW, excellent post! I very much appreciate the thought and effort you put into it. :)

This new attitude came from none other than Donald John Trump. He has foisted upon a very sizeable segment of the Republican organization this new attitude of hate and division and everything has to be my way or no way.

That's an interesting question, because a lot of liberal commenters, pundits, and bloggers are saying the GOP started down this road a long time ago and Trump just took it to the next obvious level.

I think there is truth to both. I think the GOP started down this path back in the 90's with Newt. By the time Obama was elected, the outraged right presented themselves as a tea party. Trump was the direct result of the USA electing a black man to serve as President for two full terms. Before many might have held their tongue or fumed in private, but Tump took it to another level, and made it acceptable for others to act in like manner. If Obama hand't been elected as President in 2008, I suspect Americans would have never voted for Trump in 2016; but he was their anti Obama hero, chorus leader of the birtherism crap.

Uncle J, I have read your other posts where you have mentioned the strained friendships when it comes to the political climate. I have a friend who is the same way, just can't seem to discuss even the simplest of political issue anymore without him becoming agitated and angry, and can tell you, his attitude began changing after Obama was elected, it got much worse after Trump was elected. It's nearly impossible when they think the election was stolen.

There is no left or right there is only right and wrong.

People neeed wake up. If someone lean so called left or right thats just a delusion thats keeps everyone divided i dont care, i got love for all, i just stand up for what i believe is morally right. I disagree with both so called left and right wingers, both have there minority of roton eggs but not everyone is a roton egg.

There is no left or right there is only right and wrong.

People neeed wake up. If someone lean so called left or right thats just a delusion thats keeps everyone divided i dont care, i got love for all, i just stand up for what i believe is morally right. I disagree with both so called left and right wingers, both have there minority of roton eggs but not everyone is a roton egg.
The terms left and right are really good at getting people to assume a lot about a canidate.

The terms are so amorphis. If you tell me someone is a Democrat or Republican I can at least know a basis of what their views are, but right and left could mean anything.

Right could mean the middle class career man who likes their retirement portfolio the way it is, or it could mean something as extreme as a Monarchist who wants Trump as king.

Left could mean a Union carrer man that believes in strong labor and general equal rights for all, or an extreme Stalin loving tanky that thinks that all markets be owned by the state.

SCEPGcB.jpeg

Quick and dirty mockup of various political isms.

Hi Alfred Persson

You do realize that fake news isn't real news...right? While the protesters 'calmly walked through the Capitol taking selfies'. Right. My guess is that this guy that's being interviewed wasn't actually in the Capitol. Otherwise he would have known the truth as to 'what' those who entered the Capitol actually did. This is a farce piece.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Alfred Persson

You do realize that fake news isn't real news...right? While the protesters 'calmly walked through the Capitol taking selfies'. Right. My guess is that this guy that's being interviewed wasn't actually in the Capitol. Otherwise he would have known the truth as to 'what' those who entered the Capitol actually did. This is a farce piece.

God bless,
Ted
Its satire, not funny unless its based in truth. Satire employs hyperbole, irony, but still communicates truth.

It subverts the narrative.

What, pray tell, does "BB" represent?

Hi Alfred Persson

God bless,
Ted
Is satire that unknown today that you speak of the "protesters" as if they were real? Its SATIRE:

: a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn

: trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

Hi Alfred Persson
Its satire, not funny unless its based in truth.
Certainly the subject of a satire is usually some true event that's being discussed, but the satire itself is not based on any truth as in what it says on the subject. That's the very definition of satire. You should update your dictionary:

Satire: the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues:
"the crude satire seems to be directed at the fashionable protest singers of the time"

I'd say ridicule to expose people's stupidity is just about what this piece accomplishes for those who might harbor the idea that the Capitol insurrection was just a bunch folks taking a tour of the grounds.

Now, the Capitol insurrection was a true event. Something that really happened, but all of the stuff said in the provided video is "ridicule to expose people's stupidity' concerning that true event.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Alfred Persson

Certainly the subject of a satire is usually some true event that's being discussed, but the satire itself is not based on any truth as in what it says on the subject. That's the very definition of satire. You should update your dictionary:

Satire: the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues:
"the crude satire seems to be directed at the fashionable protest singers of the time"

I'd say ridicule to expose people's stupidity is just about what this piece accomplishes for those who might harbor the idea that the Capitol insurrection was just a bunch folks taking a tour of the grounds.

Now, the Capitol insurrection was a true event. Something that really happened, but all of the stuff said in the provided video is "ridicule to expose people's stupidity' concerning that true event.

God bless,
Ted
That's not satire, this is and its based on true events, that's what makes it funny and thought provoking:

Back