Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Hope for America: New Contract with America

Do you agree with the eight points of the New Contract with America?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
“US HISTORY” needs to be viewed beginning in 1776.

Before that it was mostly European and British influenced.

Here is a basic snap shot.

The arrival of Christopher Columbus in 1492 started the European colonization of the Americas. Most colonies were formed after 1600, and the United States was the first nation whose most distant origins are fully recorded.[a] By the 1760s, the thirteen British colonies contained 2.5 million people along the Atlantic Coast east of the Appalachian Mountains. After defeating France, the British government imposed a series of taxes, including the Stamp Act of 1765, rejecting the colonists' constitutional argument that new taxes needed their approval. Resistance to these taxes, especially the Boston Tea Party in 1773, led to Parliament issuing punitive laws designed to end self-government. Armed conflict began in Massachusetts in 1775. In 1776, in Philadelphia, the Second Continental Congress declared the independence of the colonies as the "United States".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States
Yes. American History should start with the beginning of America (1776). Anything before that is Colonial History involving several European countries including Spain and Portugal.

It seems to only be the USA where slavery gets talked about where its been around for thousands of years all around the world and still goes on in some places today. What about the islamic slave trade under the ottoman empire that included white europeans who were enlsaved up to the 19th century. What about the hebrews. What about the many.
This is usually covered in world history classes. I learned about this in the 2000s in high school. The issue is that in many American History classes a lot of the native American and Slave history is not taught unless its a blurb.

Yes. American History should start with the beginning of America (1776). Anything before that is Colonial History involving several European countries including Spain and Portugal.
So no more Pilgrims, puritans, French and Indian War, indentured Servititude of the Irish, Calvanism and its influence on Maryland, wars with the Native Americans, The tax system that lead to the revolutionary War, why Thanksgiving was the first Federal Holiday?

“US HISTORY” needs to be viewed beginning in 1776.

Before that it was mostly European and British influenced.
That doesn't work because 1776 was a culmination of the several hundred years of setting up the colonies that formed the Early United States. Without that information many aspect of the Decleration of Independence don't make sense.. also why 1776? Why not 1781? When the Constitutional Convention formed the modern United States?
Here is a basic snap shot.

The arrival of Christopher Columbus in 1492 started the European colonization of the Americas. Most colonies were formed after 1600, and the United States was the first nation whose most distant origins are fully recorded.[a] By the 1760s, the thirteen British colonies contained 2.5 million people along the Atlantic Coast east of the Appalachian Mountains. After defeating France, the British government imposed a series of taxes, including the Stamp Act of 1765, rejecting the colonists' constitutional argument that new taxes needed their approval. Resistance to these taxes, especially the Boston Tea Party in 1773, led to Parliament issuing punitive laws designed to end self-government. Armed conflict began in Massachusetts in 1775. In 1776, in Philadelphia, the Second Continental Congress declared the independence of the colonies as the "United States".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States
That's a snap shot, but why are you opposed to students learning about the formation of the colonies that started in 1619?

in which a great effort is being made normalize the LGBQT perspective.
That's true in Australia. I don't like it. But I think parents need to protest so they don't normalize it. By that I mean that it becomes the predominant perspective. Homosexuality is not normal. As much as I feel sympathy for gays, I don't like them promoting their lifestyle in schools.

That's true in Australia. I don't like it. But I think parents need to protest so they don't normalize it. By that I mean that it becomes the predominant perspective. Homosexuality is not normal. As much as I feel sympathy for gays, I don't like them promoting their lifestyle in schools.

Its more about accepting where gays can go out without feeling persecuted for there personal preference and private life. I dont believe in the practice of homosexuality but i think people who are gay there personal life is none of my business to get involved in, just as i believe my personal private life is no one elses business so do gay people.

Last edited:
The unions themselves are promoting many corrupt things such as gender neutral language, as well as the gay lifestyle as being normal, in which a great effort is being made normalize the LGBQT perspective.
So What, public schools serve the entire public. The first amendment applies to all US citizens. If schools use gender nuetral language and acknowledge the reality that LGBT+ people exist then its just part of the world now.

Not all teachers agree with this, but by and large we are seeing this mindset “growing“ instead of “shrinking”.
Mainly because people have realized they are just people. You don't have to agree with them, and schools are not set up to be Christian Missions.
Critical Race Theory is just that, a theory. It’s not history.

JLB
This tells me you don't understand that most history is theoretical and that it's understood with a combination of records, dates, and theories. It is the same problem many have with understanding why Evolution is taught in Biology, and why The Big Bang and Climate Change are taught in Physics/ Earth Science.

But your assumption is that regular schools represent the devil. I suggest that is more opinion than fact .
Do public schools teach kids to honor and obey God or do they teach kids to honor each other, no matter what their character contains.
That is idolatry.
That is of the devil.

Do public schools teach kids to honor and obey God?
Forcing theism, in this case, Christianity, on the whole population. You think God really wants this?
I thought Jesus wanted people to come to him freely. Jesus is in favour of democracy. Christianity is all about democracy. That's why I like it. If it becomes totalitarian or authoritarian no thanks.

Forcing theism, in this case, Christianity, on the whole population. You think God really wants this?
Nope, but He also doesn't want parents shuffling their kids off to be raised by the unGodly.
I thought Jesus wanted people to come to him freely. Jesus is in favour of democracy. Christianity is all about democracy. That's why I like it. If it becomes totalitarian or authoritarian no thanks.
There is nothing "democratic" about Christianity.
We have a King who is to be loved , honored, and obeyed.

That doesn't work because 1776 was a culmination of the several hundred years of setting up the colonies that formed the Early United States.

The US became a Nation called the United States of America in 1776.

The Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776.

Please study actual history of the United States and stop getting fed “history” from the main stream media. This is why you can’t even agree on some simple points that are good for America. Returning to our godly heritage is a step in the right direction. There will always be those who try to influence nations unto wickedness and ungodliness, just as it occurred in Israel. There were corrupt men involved in our Nation from the beginning, however this doesn’t mean God was not involved in raising up this Nation as One Nation under God.

WAKE UP!

JLB

Yeah they do. It an entire section of the curriculum in world history that is available to high school students.

Do you ever hear it being talked about on any of the News Channels?

So What, public schools serve the entire public. The first amendment applies to all US citizens. If schools use gender nuetral language and acknowledge the reality that LGBT+ people exist then its just part of the world now.

Christians view the world differently. If you want to go along with whatever the current culture imposes on you, then that is between you and God.

Sexual Immorality of any kind results in the same thing as lying.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. Revelation 21:8

JLB

Last edited:
My parents had 7 kids. We still went to regular schools. We all have unique points of view. Would that have occurred, had we home schooled? I doubt it? Home schooling encourages sameness of thought rather than individuality.
Christianity is about sameness of thought.
(Not that you meant christianity...)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back