Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Hope for America: New Contract with America

Do you agree with the eight points of the New Contract with America?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How about the Whigs?
George Washington was a Whig.
Let's bring back the Whigs.
No need to go back that far.
Reps should take a stand on exactly which party was for slavery....
I fail to understand why they don't.
Maybe it would open a can of worms....although I can't imagine what.

You keep telling me to wake up, but it seems like you are upset that black people want their American history added to general American History.
We all know that history. What change are you expecting to bring by highlighting black history? Equality with whites (that they already have), or, supremacy over whites? I think we all know the answer.

We had made so much progress away from racism here in the US until the Marxists started stirring up fake racism against blacks and instigating actual racism against whites. And it seems to have started under the Obama administration. He was, to date, the worst thing that happened to America. Biden, I think, will either prove to be the worst thing, or the second worst thing. Watch.
Agreed 100% with your first sentence.
Whites and Blacks were getting along better before than now.
With those that instigate racism, we will never achieve a time when COLOR is not seen, but the person.

You mean the start of the colonies and the first shipment of Black slaves to the US. Why shouldn't kids learn about that?

They already do.

Remember, President Lincoln the Republican, freed the slaves.

What kids need to learn from real American History is many, many white Americans fought and died to liberate black people from slavery being imposed by Democrates.

You ever hear this mentioned in schools?

Why aern't there holidays and parades each year remembering all the white Republicans who paid the ultimate price with their blood, so the black people could be free from slavery?

JLB

We had our first two kids in Christian private schools until high school. I decided they needed socialization with other kids in order to cope better in the world. Worst decision ever. They learned the world all right and became like it.
Interesting. I wonder if that experience is common for other families. Could have been other factors too. My concern with home schooling is homogenous points of view. So the parent or parents are the only teachers? Now homeschooling with a variety of skilled teachers might be a different ball game. But does that occur? And what about senior high school? Who teaches calculus? What about literature? Will the Bible suffice? What about public speaking confidence?
I admit that high schools can be wild. Bad influences such as drug taking. I would be trying to find the right school in that case.

I've been on several LGBT(and whatever letters of the alphabet you wish to add) forums/chatrooms etc.
They do indeed have an agenda. I was told that since I was a boomer against homosexuality, I was a dinosaur soon to be extinct. I replied. "Unless you are enabled to continue to harvest the children of heterosexuals, it is you who will go extinct and you know it."
How would would person on a forum harvest heterosexual children? Do they wave their hands and then hit the kids with a scythe? Then a gay person blooms?

No, it wants to oppress them the same way they think they've been oppressed.
You mean the laws that made it illegal to be gay and for gay people to gather in public? Yeah there was a reason the first pride parade was spawned out of a riot/raid of the Stonewall Inn. Oris that more American History you don't want students to be aware of?

You sound like a young guy.
30s
You know about past enslavement.
Who do you think doesn't?
Students. That is why there is a class called American History in the US curriculum.

And how much more time do you think it'll take till we get on with life
and let go of something that ended almost 150 years ago and which some today
The point of history is to learn from it to understand both context/honor heritage and not to repeat past mistakes. The same argument could be used to say why does the US have to learn about the Rebolution, it was over 230+ years ago, shouldn't we let that go?

are taking advantage of and using black persons to enrich themselves by making them
out to be victims?
Who is calling black people victims? Acknowledging history doesn't mean a person is a victim.
Maybe if we were just allowed to treat each other like normal persons and push back on fringe
groups that are ruining relations for everyone, we'd be a lot better off.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do and many people I know are trying to do. The difference is that I want to include all the information, and JLB wants to limit the information. I'm more on the freedom side.

But no....better to support groups like BLM...who are violent by their own admission.
And marxist.
And anarchist.
The reason these groups exist is because of the constant pushback and devaluing their lives and contributions to society.
Do you feel like living conditions in the states are getting better or worse?
Especially in the big cities.
I think living conditions eb and flow based on many factors. I think right now people are upset and in some cases rightfully upset right or left that aspect of society need to change. That is life.

We had made so much progress away from racism here in the US until the Marxists started stirring up fake racism against blacks and instigating actual racism against whites. And it seems to have started under the Obama administration. He was, to date, the worst thing that happened to America. Biden, I think, will either prove to be the worst thing, or the second worst thing. Watch.
What program did Obama put forward that gave workers the control of the means of production ?( hint, that's what Marxism actually is, I think you mean Authoritarianism)

We all know that history. What change are you expecting to bring by highlighting black history? Equality with whites (that they already have), or, supremacy over whites? I think we all know the answer.
Students seeing and acknowledging the contributions of Black people and Natives to the country. Black history isn't just slavery. We're you aware that the first free man to die during the revolution was a Black man? Or that one of the largest economies in the south was a segregated black city in Olklahoma? We want to encourage Black people to live up to the American dream, why not teach the history?

They already do.

Remember, President Lincoln the Republican, freed the slaves.
Who was then assassinated by Booth and Andrew Johnson started walking back agreements the Lincoln presidency made with the Southern states. Ever heard the saying 40 acres and a Mule? The freed black population of the south were supposed to recieve immediate reparations and parts of the south were carved out so the black population could recover. Johnson stopped this.

What kids need to learn from real American History is many, many white Americans fought and died to liberate black people from slavery being imposed by Democrates.
You mean that White and Black people served in the Northern Army and fought against the Confederacy a Sessesionist State that left the US and the Democratic party and formed a new nation? The Northern Democrats sided with the Union.
You ever hear this mentioned in schools?

Why aern't there holidays and parades each year remembering all the white Republicans who paid the ultimate price with their blood, so the black people could be free from slavery?
You mean Memorial Day? The Holiday started after the Cival War to commemorate the soldiers that fell? Now it's a general commemoration for all soldiers, but the original purpose of Memorial day was the Cival War.

Who was then assassinated by Booth and Andrew Johnson started walking back agreements the Lincoln presidency made with the Southern states. Ever heard the saying 40 acres and a Mule? The freed black population of the south were supposed to recieve immediate reparations and parts of the south were carved out so the black population could recover. Johnson stopped this.

You mean that White and Black people served in the Northern Army and fought against the Confederacy a Sessesionist State that left the US and the Democratic party and formed a new nation? The Northern Democrats sided with the Union.

You mean Memorial Day? The Holiday started after the Cival War to commemorate the soldiers that fell? Now it's a general commemoration for all soldiers, but the original purpose of Memorial day was the Cival War.

Im going to ask you again.

If Black Freedom from slavery is such a big issue, then why isn’t there a day we celebrate all the white people who gave their lives in the Civil war, fighting to give black people their freedom, which they have had for a long, long time in America?

Pleas answer my question if you can?

Wait are you saying you want your rights to be the ability to violate other people's rights? That's not what the Founders put in the Constitution.

No that’s what Black Lives Matter wants.

Im going to ask you again.

If Black Freedom from slavery is such a big issue, then why isn’t there a day we celebrate all the white people who gave their lives in the Civil war, fighting to give black people their freedom, which they have had for a long, long time in America?

Pleas answer my question if you can?
It's called Memorial Day, yet again. Used to be called Declorations day, but after the world wars the name was changed. If you are trying to argue we don't have a holiday, wouldn't that be more support of Systemic racism?:tongue

Great, now we have black and white fights going on the forum.
Yes, we need that, right?

It’s a discussion, Rollo.

Its not a fight.

There is no black and white, Jew or Gentile, free or slave in Christ.

If you have a race problem, then you have a love problem.

This thread is about taking some positive steps towards making America a nation that honors God, and turns away from evil laws and divisive teachings in our schools.

What we are discussing is actual real historical facts, verses a political agenda to divide Americans with racist propaganda.

Most people can see through the nonsense.

Some can’t.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back