Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Hope for America: New Contract with America

Do you agree with the eight points of the New Contract with America?

• Total voters
Its more about accepting where gays can go out without feeling persecuted for there personal preference and private life. I dont believe in the practice of homosexuality but i think people who are gay there personal life is none of my business to get involved in, just as i believe my personal private life is no one elses business so do gay people.
On the surface I kind of agree with this. The problem is the homosexual community eventually becomes militant. I think that's why God considered it dangerous enough to assign it the death penalty. I'm not saying we are to put gays to death. I'm saying I understand why it must not be allowed to exist unrestrained in a society.

Reactions: JLB
But your assumption is that regular schools represent the devil. I suggest that is more opinion than fact .
Been there, done that.
Public schools represent the devil's agenda, not God's.
It's no secret that the Marxist's agenda is to take over the school system and indoctrinate young people in anti-God, Marxist ideologies. They've pretty well completed that task.

The US became a Nation called the United States of America in 1776.

The Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776.
The Constitution wasn't signed until 1787. So why not start there? What's funny is that's where most US history classes cover. The revolution is mentioned and then the 11 years of the Articles of Confederation are ignored. Why shouldn't we learn about the French and Indian Wars considering its what led people to Trust Washington as a leader and resulted in the taxation that pushed the colonies to Revelution? It is very Important in History to give context. Which is what the 1619 project does.
Please study actual history of the United States and stop getting fed “history” from the main stream media. This is why you can’t even agree on some simple points that are good for America.
You sound like my Uncle that got absorbed into the Newsmax/OAN cult. I'm not sitting in front of the tube watching CNN for history. I read history texts while in school, listen to history podcasts, and took various history courses in college. Quite frankly the history classes didn't change my view on America, it just expanded it. What your points state is we should ignore the history that led up to the Revolution and the history of the enslaved and natives.

Returning to our godly heritage is a step in the right direction. There will always be those who try to influence nations unto wickedness and ungodliness, just as it occurred in Israel. There were corrupt men involved in our Nation from the beginning, however this doesn’t mean God was not involved in raising up this Nation as One Nation under God.
That is Mythologizing the founding of our country. The US was not founded as a Christian Nation and went through revivals because most people were not very religous.a large Chunk of the Founders were not heavily religious. They were not atheists, but not heavily devout either. The First Amendment stops 90% of what you want to accomplish.
WAKE UP!

JLB
To what? A clear example of removing first Amendment rights from a large chunk of the American people and mythologizing history to support an agenda to make the US a Christian Theocracy?

Christians view the world differently. If you want to go along with whatever the current culture imposes on you, then that is between you and God.

Sexual Immorality of any kind results in the same thing as lying.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. Revelation 21:8

JLB
I think you missed the part where you and I have the freedom to make choices baked into the first Amendment. Your current points aren't good for the country. They are a means to shift power and do the thing the Founders wanted to prevent, turn this country into an authoritarian thoecracy.

I think you missed the part where you and I have the freedom to make choices baked into the first Amendment. Your current points aren't good for the country. They are a means to shift power and do the thing the Founders wanted to prevent, turn this country into an authoritarian thoecracy.
And yet the intent was to make a free Christian nation. How do you reconcile that with the fact they didn't want an authoritarian theocracy like they were fleeing from in Europe?

On the surface I kind of agree with this. The problem is the homosexual community eventually becomes militant. I think that's why God considered it dangerous enough to assign it the death penalty. I'm not saying we are to put gays to death. I'm saying I understand why it must not be allowed to exist unrestrained in a society.
If by militant, you mean persistent. The reason was due to the country becoming extremely oppressive to LGBT+ people and it boiled ovwr in the late 60s resulting in a back lash. Most of the restraints are basicly just trying to criminalize and erase lgbt+ people from public view. I don't understand why it's a surprise that people being supressed will resist being surpressed.

Last edited:
And yet the intent was to make a free Christian nation. How do you reconcile that with the fact they didn't want an authoritarian theocracy like they were fleeing from in Europe?
The Founders never stated that they wanted to make The United States a Christian Nation. The writing of the Founders and the treaties the US made with nations after the Revolution made it clear that the Us was not and is not founded as a Christian Nation. Instead the people are allowed to worship as they please. Protected by the first amendment. The people can be Chriatiam, but the government is not. The only document that makes any allusion to a creator is the Decloration of Independence, and it was purposely written with "creator" to avoid naming any specific diety.

If by militant, you mean persistent. The reason was due to the country becoming extremely oppressive to LGBT+ people and it boiled ovwr in the late 60s resulting in a back lash. Most of the restraints are basicly just trying to criminalize and erase lgbt+ people from public view.

I don't understand why it's a surprise that people being supressed will resist being surpressed.
Didn't the Nazi party use that as one of its slogans in 1939?

The Constitution wasn't signed until 1787. So why not start there? What's funny is that's where most US history classes cover. The revolution is mentioned and then the 11 years of the Articles of Confederation are ignored. Why shouldn't we learn about the French and Indian Wars considering its what led people to Trust Washington as a leader and resulted in the taxation that pushed the colonies to Revelution? It is very Important in History to give context. Which is what the 1619 project does.

The 1619 Project focuses of the black history of slaves coming from Africa.

Sorry to break the news to you, but black people is not the focus of America. That’s a racist mindset that has impregnated your mind.

America is not about one particular race of people as if only black lives matter. That’s a racist position.

America is about many different races of people coming from many nations and embracing the concept of one nation under God.

WAKE UP PLEASE!

JLB

I think you missed the part where you and I have the freedom to make choices baked into the first Amendment.

Do you have the choice to murder or steal stop people from pursuing life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Does your first amendment first give you the right to burn down buildings and kill other people because some black person was killed?

WAKE UP!

JLB

Didn't the Nazi party use that as one of its slogans in 1939?
Nope, the Nazi party was appealing to a traditional and mythical past of Germany and wanted to rid its country of Minorities and political dissenters. Also, the LGBT+ isn't trying to purify America of non lgbt+ people.

Do you have the choice to murder or steal stop people from pursuing life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?
Nope, and neither do you.
Does your first amendment first give you the right to burn down buildings and kill other people because some black person was killed?
Nope, and I have not supported that.
WAKE UP!

JLB
Are ya going to throw In a sheeple? :p

The 1619 Project focuses of the black history of slaves coming from Africa.
You mean the start of the colonies and the first shipment of Black slaves to the US. Why shouldn't kids learn about that?
Sorry to break the news to you, but black people is not the focus of America. That’s a racist mindset that has impregnated your mind.
Who said Black people were the focus? The arrival of slavery is only one aspect of US history and the rest of US history is not being removed.
America is not about one particular race of people as if only black lives matter. That’s a racist position.
No one has suggested that.
America is about many different races of people coming from many nations and embracing the concept of one nation under God.

WAKE UP PLEASE!

JLB
You keep telling me to wake up, but it seems like you are upset that black people want their American history added to general American History.

Been there, done that.
Public schools represent the devil's agenda, not God's.
It's no secret that the Marxist's agenda is to take over the school system and indoctrinate young people in anti-God, Marxist ideologies. They've pretty well completed that task.
We had our first two kids in Christian private schools until high school. I decided they needed socialization with other kids in order to cope better in the world. Worst decision ever. They learned the world all right and became like it.

Nope, the Nazi party was appealing to a traditional and mythical past of Germany and wanted to rid its country of Minorities and political dissenters. Also, the LGBT+ isn't trying to purify America of non lgbt+ people.
I've been on several LGBT(and whatever letters of the alphabet you wish to add) forums/chatrooms etc.
They do indeed have an agenda. I was told that since I was a boomer against homosexuality, I was a dinosaur soon to be extinct. I replied. "Unless you are enabled to continue to harvest the children of heterosexuals, it is you who will go extinct and you know it."

The 1619 project is about the history of the enslaved, oppressed, and natives throughout US history. Someone doesn't have to be currently enslaved to learn about past enslavement.
You sound like a young guy.
You know about past enslavement.
Who do you think doesn't?
And how much more time do you think it'll take till we get on with life
and let go of something that ended almost 150 years ago and which some today
are taking advantage of and using black persons to enrich themselves by making them
out to be victims?

Maybe if we were just allowed to treat each other like normal persons and push back on fringe
groups that are ruining relations for everyone, we'd be a lot better off.
But no....better to support groups like BLM...who are violent by their own admission.
And marxist.
And anarchist.

Do you feel like living conditions in the states are getting better or worse?
Especially in the big cities.

You mean the start of the colonies and the first shipment of Black slaves to the US. Why shouldn't kids learn about that?

Who said Black people were the focus? The arrival of slavery is only one aspect of US history and the rest of US history is not being removed.

No one has suggested that.

You keep telling me to wake up, but it seems like you are upset that black people want their American history added to general American History.
We had made so much progress away from racism here in the US until the Marxists started stirring up fake racism against blacks and instigating actual racism against whites. And it seems to have started under the Obama administration. He was, to date, the worst thing that happened to America. Biden, I think, will either prove to be the worst thing, or the second worst thing. Watch.

Back