Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How about taking Christ OUT of Christmas?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
jasoncran said:
menno, this forum has rules on the discussion of the catholic faith, and the reasons are a long story.
in short long before i came here there was a lot uncivility between the protestants and catholics so it was decided to limit those discussions to a minumim.

If I am to understand, there can be no discussion of the Catholic Faith Tradition?

I would consider myself "catholic" in the purest form of the word - ie: universal. But I would not be "Catholic" in referring to the denomination.

TheCatholic said:
Menno said:
If I am to understand, there can be no discussion of the Catholic Faith Tradition?

Pretty bigoted for a Christian forum, isnt it

Please do not turn my questions into an accusation or a platform to spring from.

i edited that out as the tos states no public discussions of pm's.
jasoncran moderator

You can choose to look for the "bigotry" in it, or for the grace - the decision is yours.

As has been explained the reason behind the Catholic discussion being limited is there were too many attacks between those of differing denominations for it to continue without unwanted hostility. So it is now kept to a bare minimum. I am sure if you desired to discuss something it can be arranged in the proper fashion.

i see no reason why not to go to back to topic, keep in mind what is sent via pm needs to stay there in private between the parties involved.

Spose I'll start off.

This video explains the Pagan connections very well:

[youtube:1ozczs8x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_s9NWchEo8&feature=sub[/youtube:1ozczs8x]

of course theres pagan connections in christmas, shoot most of the holydays are, even easter, as the date is the orginal babylonian date for god astart. That invovles painting of eggs and burying them and celebrating the coming spring. the egg thing sound familar doesnt it.

jasoncran said:
of course theres pagan connections in christmas, shoot most of the holydays are, even easter, as the date is the orginal babylonian date for god astart. That invovles painting of eggs and burying them and celebrating the coming spring. the egg thing sound familar doesnt it.

Exactly, that's why it's not a naturally Christian holiday.

If you define Christmas as a day where we all celebrate the birth of Jesus then I (And most of the population) don't celebrate it.

Does celebration of Halloween mean you secretly believe in Demons lol?

Sir Pwn4lot said:
If you define Christmas as a day where we all celebrate the birth of Jesus then I (And most of the population) don't celebrate it.

Then call it something else. If you don't celebrate Christ in Christmas, think of another name. I don't know...Santamas, Presentmas, Giftmas, whatever. If you get joy and satisfaction and peace and love out of those things, well good for you.

[attachment=0:1quhdsdm]GOD AND COUNTRY.jpg[/attachment:1quhdsdm]

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

[youtube:1quhdsdm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU0tuah-x7M[/youtube:1quhdsdm]

:clap :thumb

======================================================

jason,

you were very young back then, that's why you barely remember it. :lol

===================

RE: How about taking Christ OUT of Christmas?

When you take "Christ Jesus" our of Christmas.... it's not "Christ"mas anymore.

The Holy Spirit TRANSFORMS that which is not of Christ into that which is for the Glory OF God / Christ Jesus.

All this bicker about what was once a pagan thing... Well, I used to have my doubts about Christmas celebrations too, but it's not about the pagan past. It's about the Holy Spirit transformation of all things for His Glory according to His purpose. It is NOW a celebration for the purpose of a CHRIST+MASS+DAY.... We celebrate HIS birth on this day. The wise men travelled across the country to celebrate HIS BIRTH DAY. Is having a birthday party for HIM so horrible for us to do? So then, no need to say Christmas is a pagan holiday... because it is no longer that. It's been transformed for the Glory of God. Romans 8:28 "ALL" things, folks, not some things... "ALL" things work together for them that are called according to HIS purpose. The Holy Spirit takes what is not of God and transforms it into that which is for the Glory of God. Christmas without Christ is not Christ+mass, it's then something totally different. No differently than is Easter holiday celebrated for the memory of Christ death, burial , ressurection and ascension into Heaven. Without CHRIST JESUS it's just not a CHRISTIAN holy day, it would be only a day without Christ in it, as are most non-Christian days of celebration. And if you think about it folks "most" every American holidays are based upon Christian principles, (I said most, but really I can think of none that aren't) . That's why those who hate God and Christianity want every mention of God out of everything, they'll even go so far as to say that this country of America has nothing to do with God. Oh so wrong folks, they are oh so wrong. God Blesses the Nation that looks to follow his principles. That's why for centuries most of our founding fathers and our present era presidents have all celebrated Christmas in the White House day of celebration with acknowledging the Birth of Christ Jesus.

Yep, even the Nativity Scene symbols are not chronologically correct... But, it is, still no less, meant to depict the whole story of the Birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas!!!

Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

[attachment=0:1gtg7kai]White House Nativity Scene.jpg[/attachment:1gtg7kai]

Fundamentalism is Religion + Nationalism, this holds true lol.

Reagan was a terrible president, his Liberal Economic policies have almost destroyed the nation, he gave arms to foreign nations at war, and he almost got the world blown up with his stupid Star Wars gamble. He should have stayed an actor, where he belongs.

That said, Obama isn't a great deal better, he's almost as bought out by the private industry, as evidenced by his reluctance to pass health reform, and his surge in Afghanistan.

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion" - John Adams: 2nd President of the United States of America

I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state. - Thomas Jefferson - 3rd President of the United States of America

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof - 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution

The founding fathers were far more Secular that the politicians of today, mainly because of the billions in lobbying money that has been funneled to hide the intentions of those great men.

really, has obama brought honor to the military? when it was broken.

did obama ever help tear down the berlin wall.

reagean was the man for the time. he even said that we couldnt sustain the military size forever,but that it was necessary to deter russia.

i may be young when reagean started office but i was 16 when bush sr took office.

jasoncran said:
really, has obama brought honor to the military? when it was broken.

did obama ever help tear down the berlin wall.

reagean was the man for the time. he even said that we couldnt sustain the military size forever,but that it was necessary to deter russia.

i may be young when reagean started office but i was 16 when bush sr took office.

The Soviet Union (As any honest historian will tell you) was brought down by economic troubles + other factors, it had almost nothing to do with Reagan's dangerous parade of nuclear and conventional power, his antagonism towards the Soviet Union almost got us all killed, and the fact that it payed off doesn't make him any more of a hero than Genghis Kahn (Who was also born of a virgin :tongue).

As for Obama bringing honor to the military; honor is the narcotic for those who have both the means and the desire to kill. You shouldn't wage a war for honor, in fact you should almost never begin a war, you let the war come to you.

I never said Obama was a good president lol, so far I'd rank him about 25th on the podium of past presidents (I'd rank Bush around last, and Reagan around 30th). I don't make a habit of defending Obama, because he's just another corporatist who'd be at home on the Republican side of The Congress.

He could pass healthcare (And save the majority of the 150 people who die each day from being denied insurance) in an instant if he actually wanted to; did the Republicans wait for 60 votes? The Democrats even had the Senate majority for a while lol, and Bush still forced through all sorts of unconstitutional and barbaric c**p.

Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, George Washington and Franklin D. Roosevelt were the greatest presidents (roughly in order), all of which were Liberals, and the first of which was Deistic.

Reagan was an impressionable risk-taker who introduced the form of economics that's now destroying the global economy into the white house. I'd rank him about 46%

you havent served, you take pride in your job, that's what he brought back, the military was severly demoralised after vietnam

you aren't aware how that russia was able to spy and violating german airspace routinely to harass us mainly or that cuba often sent migs over miami the flew low, some pilots did defect. yes the soviet union caved in under the economic pressure, but a strong defense was necessary, as russia may just have pulled our bluff, btw ever watch charlie wilson's war, we help the mujahadeen defeat russia by sending in supplies , the stinger missiles, and the cia trained them. the mistake there was we didnt help the muhajedeen rebuild government.

russia also had nukes, so what we should have patrol the border of germany and moved nukes to that side, it was all game of cat and mouse, nobody would have fired the shots,just harassed and may be a few conventional wars here and there.

funny the some people like to spend money all kinds of projects yet forgets the military then when its needed and the troops dont have the equipment they go hey why dont they have that equipment. we have done this every war. the uparmor hummer been around since kosovo, along with iba vest, uav's since the 60's though primitive.

do you think our pint size military would deal with an army the size of russia now?
no.

Jason, the guys a troll . Haven't you been watching his postings? He's made over 100 posting and you haven't caught on yet? :confused He's a troll and he believes in revisionist history written by atheists who spread lies about America and Godly men. :bigfrown

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back