Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How about taking Christ OUT of Christmas?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Menno said:
How is it that a post about Christmas has gotten turned into another nationalistic rant?

Because some one didn't like the Reagan Christmas video and God Bless America Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus that I posted. If you don't like Reagan's Christmas speech then, I'm sorry. I did and I don't think that just because I posted a Christmas speech that Regan made should be torn to pieces and chewed up like it's a dog bone for these people who hate American heritage. I presented it because the thread is about taking Christ out of Christmas. I posted how Regan kept Christ in Christmas and this guy makes a big stink about it. He's a troll who hates America and thinks to believe only in revisionist history that is written by atheist who make up lies about America and Godly men. They guy doesn't like Reagan thinks Reagan didn't have anything to do with bringing down that wall. The revisionist don't want to give Reagan credit for anything. Another thread destroyed by the trolls who come to destroy threads just because I presented a Reagan Christmas video. He's a freaking troll.

jasoncran said:
you havent served, you take pride in your job, that's what he brought back, the military was severly demoralised after Vietnam

We were spending a good 500 billion a year on the military (more than almost all other countries combined) I doubt that a little morale issue would be that big of a problem lol, on top of that if war ever broke out it wouldn't be helpful no matter how large and inspired your military was because within 3 hrs most of the people on Earth would be dead.

jasoncran said:
you aren't aware how that russia was able to spy and violating german airspace routinely to harass us mainly or that cuba often sent migs over miami the flew low, some pilots did defect.
And that justified recklessly endangering the lives of every man, woman and child on the Earth? If they were actually going to bomb Miami it wouldn't matter because within 3hrs = global fail pwnage.

jasoncran said:
yes the soviet union caved in under the economic pressure
Yay!

jasoncran said:
but a strong defense was necessary
It's not like the Soviets couldn't have pushed the button to end the world, back then they had more than double the nuclear weapons of the United States, it wouldn't have mattered if you had a strong defense or not lol, you would have been utterly destroyed anyway.

jasoncran said:
as russia may just have pulled our bluff, btw ever watch charlie wilson's war, we help the mujahadeen defeat russia by sending in supplies , the stinger missiles, and the cia trained them. the mistake there was we didnt help the muhajedeen rebuild government.
Aren't we arguing over Reagan's (useless) Star Wars program lol? It's not like it actually made the US any safer, the Soviets had nuclear subs, bombers, ICBMs, there's no way it would have stopped a thousand let alone 40,000 lol.

jasoncran said:
russia also had nukes, so what we should have patrol the border of germany and moved nukes to that side, it was all game of cat and mouse, nobody would have fired the shots,just harassed and may be a few conventional wars here and there.
This is what's wrong with the "A good offense is the best defense" ideology in the context on nuclear war, the only way to prevent one without recklessly endangering lives is to either start up diplomatic relations and coexist, or to starve them economically. Placing nukes all along the West German border is akin to backing a deadly poisonous snake into the corner and trying to kick it to death with your bare feet.

jasoncran said:
funny the some people like to spend money all kinds of projects yet forgets the military then when its needed and the troops dont have the equipment they go hey why dont they have that equipment. we have done this every war. the uparmor hummer been around since kosovo, along with iba vest, uav's since the 60's though primitive.

I don't think you fully appreciate the gravity of the situation.
defense.png

The US almost spends more than every other nation combined on Earth on their military, almost 8% of GDP infact, and you want to complain about not enough supplies? Ignoring men (Which spending can't fix lol) if the US went up against the rest of the world it could get damn close to winning. If you want to increase troop reserve numbers then fine, but increasing the military budget isn't gonna help that at all.

jasoncran said:
do you think our pint size military would deal with an army the size of russia now?
no.

See above pie chart and laugh at how ridiculously unfounded this statement is.
Menno said:
How is it that a post about Christmas has gotten turned into another nationalistic rant?

Someone posted a nationalistic GOD & COUNTRY picture. If a mod would be so kind he could move it into a different thread :)
Relic said:
Because some one didn't like the Regan Christmas video and God Bless America Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus that I posted.
It reminded me of Reagan lol, which is never a good thing.

jasoncran said:
If you don't like Regan's Christmas speech then, I'm sorry.
It's not that I didn't like his speech, it's a conversation about his term in office.

jasoncran said:
I did and I don't think that just because I posted a Christmas speech that Regan made should be torn to pieces and chewed up like it's a dog bone for these people who hate americn heritage. I presented it becuase the thread is about taking Christ out of Christmas.
I said nothing of the sort. You misspelled Reagan by the way. I don't hate American heritage at all, where do you get the idea that I'm disputing that video, I've done nothing of the sort :gah

jasoncran said:
I posted how Regan kept Christ in Christmas and this guy makes a big stink about it.
I don't care what Reagan says, it's his opinion and his right to say it. Again, I wasn't talking about the speech lol.

jasoncran said:
He's a troll who hates america
I like America, it's a fairly nice country.

jasoncran said:
and thinks to believe only in revisionist history that is written by atheirst who make up lies about America and Godly men.
Point out one spot anywhere in any of my posts that I lied about anything to do with American heritage, please. I make no dispute over America having a Christian majority, it's in the polls.

jasoncran said:
They guy doesn't like Regan thinks Regan didn't have anything to do with bringing down that wall.
(Reagan is spelled accordingly) I said nothing of the sort, I just made the case that his offensive strategy wasn't the prime reason for the USSR's downfall, and that it almost resulted in a global thermonuclear war.

jasoncran said:
The revisionist don't want to give Regan credit for anything. Another thread destroyed by the trolls who come to destroy threads just because I presented a Regan Christmas video.
What exactly is a revisionist? Is it someone who tries to revise history? Because my challenge stands: find me something I said about American History that was a lie.

jasoncran said:
He's a freaking troll.
If you define a troll as someone who posts just to make other angry then I'm surely not one of them. I post here because I value argument and the wisdom that brings.

Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, George Washington and Franklin D. Roosevelt were the greatest presidents (roughly in order), all of which were Liberals, and the first of which was Deistic.

revisionist history! written by atheist!

Yeah, Thanks for ruining this thread Sir Pwn4lot! TROLL! :bigfrown

Relic said:
Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, George Washington and Franklin D. Roosevelt were the greatest presidents (roughly in order), all of which were Liberals, and the first of which was Deistic.

Yeah, Thanks for ruining this thread Sir Pwn4lot! TROLL! :bigfrown

I don't see how you can dispute my opinion on the best presidents, don't I know my own opinion better than you do?

If you're disputing that they were liberals:

• Thomas Jefferson - Separation of Church and State anyone? Opposition to slave ownership?

Lincoln - A Republican in the time when Republicans were Liberals. A more moderate liberal than the rest

JFK - Resoundingly a Liberal.

Washington - "As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality"

FDR - Tried to pass healthcare reform lol, a Liberal

If you're disputing that Jefferson was a Deist then I suggest you read any of his writings. If you wish to warp his belief the absolute worst you could get away with calling him is an extremely Liberal non-evangelical moderate lol.

I struggle to see which parts of my post were evil Atheist lies.

Relic said:

Oooh. Bad combo there

"Liberals"? LOL. What planet are you from.
And at least the Deist believed in a god. Thats better than the godless atheists on the Left today

Sir Pwn4lot , you claim to be an Agnostic atheist ( That's oxymoron, you can't be both, you are either one or the other so take your pick. ) And, surely you don't expect people on a CHRISTIAN BASED FORUM to buy all that atheistic revisionist garbage you just smeared all over this thread. And for someone who says in his intro thread that he's not here to argue, but to learn, you sure do put up a big one, and to boot, you say you are from Australia, and yet you have a huge negative rant about our American forefathers. Nothing like non-Americans come to tell us our history, and it from a revistionist atheist point of view. :confused
And, you do know that you totally destroyed the OP of this thread, don’t you? You’ve totally trashed this thread veered it so far off topic it’s a crying shame. :gah

Relic said:
Sir Pwn4lot , you claim to be an Agnostic atheist ( That's oxymoron, you can't be both, you are either one or the other so take your pick. )

An Agnostic is someone who doesn't make a claim to knowledge, this is a statement about knowledge, An Atheist is someone who doesn't believe the claims of Theism. I don't make a positive claim to knowledge, neither do I believe the claims of Theism, therefore I'm an Agnostic Atheist.

You can call it what you like, I don't really care lol, all it means is that I'm an Atheist who doesn't say there's no God, do you understand?

Relic said:
And, surely you don't expect people on a CHRISTIAN BASED FORUM to buy all that atheistic revisionist garbage you just smeared all over this thread.
Where did I "revise history"? You can't give me an example, and so your accusation is just as valid as me calling you fat, it's an ad hominem attack, simple as that. If you have a valid criticism then by all means, bring it into question and I'll do my best to revise my actions, but don't just play the name calling game.

Relic said:
And for someone who says in his intro thread that he's not here to argue, but to learn
By "not-argue" I meant not troll lol, my bad. What I'm trying to do is inspire dialog, for the best remedy to fallacies is argument.

Relic said:
you sure do put up a big one, and to boot, you say you are from Australia
I am from Australia, you say it as if you don't trust me lol. Why on Earth would I say I was from Australia :lol

Relic said:
and yet you have a huge negative rant about our American forefathers. Nothing like non-Americans come to tell us our history, and it from a revistionist atheist point of view. :confused
I like America as much as the next guy, and appreciate the secular values on which is was founded, if you want to dispute me in that, then this is the place to do it. Being Australian doesn't mean I can't object when someone says something false about American history, as can you object to my objections, that's the idea of free speech.

Relic said:
And, you do know that you totally destroyed the OP of this thread, don’t you? You’ve totally trashed this thread veered it so far off topic it’s a crying shame. :gah
Fine, I'll stop, if someone could move this to a different thread then I'd be more than happy to continue it there. In fact, moderators could you please delete every one of the comments about politics? Thanks, I'll move them to a new thread.

Good day.

Well, seeing as this thread has already been trashed, I suppose this is as good a place as any to remind those who troll what it is that CF considers trolling:

4 - No Trolling:

You will not post anything that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. Don't make inflammatory remarks just to get a response. This will also include posts that put down Christianity in general or any posts considered as blasphemy by staff (this is a CHRISTIAN FORUMS site).

JoJo said:
Well, seeing as this thread has already been trashed, I suppose this is as good a place as any to remind those who troll what it is that CF considers trolling bad

Trolling? Where is this trolling? I've adhered to that rule perfectly. I haven't been trolling in the slightest.

If you consider the slightest criticism of your position trolling then you need to get a new position lol.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back