Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Calvinism Insults God and His Son Jesus Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not just Calvinism that insults God and Jesus Christ, it is all religions.

Canons of Dort. FIRST HEAD: Article #10. "He was pleased out of the common mass of sinners to adopt "Some certain persons" as a peculiar people to Himself".

To say that God predestinates "Some certain Persons" to heaven and then damns the rest to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam is a terrible insult to the nature and the character of God. Not only is it an insult to God, his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, it is blasphemy.

Calvinists want us to believe that before the foundation of the world God chose "Some certain persons" to be saved and then damned the rest to hell. Why would a holy God do such a terrible thing like that. Think about it, it is almost unthinkable. God gives life to some for the sole purpose of sending them to hell. This is far, far, worse than abortion. This is premeditated murder of billions of souls, damned to hell for all of eternity for no reason.

If that is not bad enough. Calvinists want us to believe that God created man without a free will so that he cannot call on the name of the Lord and be saved, Paul thought differently, Romans 10:13. This is one of the most ridiculous doctrines ever to come out of the perverted mind of John Calvin. It is not possible for a person to live and exist without a free will. Calvinists want us to believe that God created a race of dumb robots that cannot make logical decisions for themselves, which is another insult towards God.

From here, it is only going to get worse. Calvinists want us to believe that Jesus Christ did not atone for the sins of the whole world, but only for the sins of those "Some certain persons". When Jesus said that he came into the world to save the world, John 3:17. Calvinists want us to believe that he was lying. It appears to me that Calvinist want us to believe that God and Jesus Christ made some sort of a deal with the devil. If Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, then that means "Whosoever that would call on the name of the Lord could be saved" Romans 10:13.

The insults and blasphemies continue. If Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, then Jesus should be removed from his position in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and is Lord. To say that he didn't is to say that Jesus is not Lord. If Jesus is not Lord, then we are all still in our sins and without hope. This is why no one can say Jesus is Lord without the Holy Spirit, 1 Corinthian 12:3.

I find Calvinism to be very offensive. Not only because it is theologically wrong, but because it takes what is precious and close to my heart and makes it worthless and useless. There is no need for Jesus Christ and his Gospel if you have been predestinated. A Calvinist once said to me, "I don't need Jesus Christ and his bloody cross to save me, I have been predestinated". Predestination was his Gospel.

What you believe about God and Jesus Christ will be displayed in your life, this is why John Calvin was the tyrant of Geneva, he was just acting out what believed about God and Jesus Christ. He thought that God was an unjust tyrant, so he was an unjust tyrant. If you differed with John Calvin, there was the possibility that you would be burned at the stake. What a horrible way to kill someone.

Many religions and cults like Islam are militant, because they believe that God is militant. Calvinism is probably a dangerous religion because of what they believe about God. John Calvin was most certainly one to be feared.

This is why we need to study for ourselves being approved by God and not man's doctrines. Prove what others teach you by seeing what they say lines up with scripture and not the other way around.

It's not that Calvinist are bad people or that they hate the Lord or anyone else, but that they believe in a different gospel being taught to them just like so many different religions that are in the world. We are to first be equipped in order to take the Gospel message out into the world with all truths that only come by the Holy Spirit teaching us first. Sometimes we miss the mark of complete truth, but the Holy Spirit will always send correction as the Spirit of God will work through others to help correct us.

This is why we need to study for ourselves being approved by God and not man's doctrines. Prove what others teach you by seeing what they say lines up with scripture and not the other way around.

It's not that Calvinist are bad people or that they hate the Lord or anyone else, but that they believe in a different gospel being taught to them just like so many different religions that are in the world. We are to first be equipped in order to take the Gospel message out into the world with all truths that only come by the Holy Spirit teaching us first. Sometimes we miss the mark of complete truth, but the Holy Spirit will always send correction as the Spirit of God will work through others to help correct us.
All that possess the Holy Spirit will eventually come to the truth, John 16:13-16.

You seem to be mature in the faith. What is it that you don't understand?
I'm just pointing out that no one understands all those things the Bible contains as no one could ever exhaust all of the teachings contained within it. I do not seek man's understandings, but only that which only the Holy Spirit can reveal in all truths. The possibility is that no one insults God, but only accept the doctrines from their own church they attend.

Instead of putting down Calvinist for what they believe, or any of the various religions, which is a violation of the ToS 1.4, just discuss that which you disagree with without any preconceived ideas.

I'm just pointing out that no one understands all those things the Bible contains as no one could ever exhaust all of the teachings contained within it. I do not seek man's understandings, but only that which only the Holy Spirit can reveal in all truths. The possibility is that no one insults God, but only accept the doctrines from their own church they attend.

Instead of putting down Calvinist for what they believe, or any of the various religions, which is a violation of the ToS 1.4, just discuss that which you disagree with without any preconceived ideas.
I don't have any preconceived ideas. We have more understanding of the Bible today than ever before because of computers, concordances and communications with others. There is no reason for anyone not to know the truth about Jesus Christ and his Gospel. Everyone is without an excuse. What we have today is a denial of what the Bible says. I am not interested in putting Calvinist down. What I am interested in is defending the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ, which Calvinist and others reject and make a mockery of. You need to get on them for teaching false doctrine.

Eventually yes, but for now we all look through the glass darkly searching for truth as none of us have full understanding as of yet in all things.
We can know exactly what the Gospel is today. Those that don't know what the Gospel is, is because they don't want to know what it is. They love darkness.

You need to get on them for teaching false doctrine.
You need to know here at CF we respect the views and opinions of others per the ToS 1.1, 1.3 and 1.4. even if we disagree with them as we show grace to them. We do not act like a lynch mob, but discuss the differences with scripture. I've seen some of your doctrines that I and a few others have disagreed with and have tried to discuss your doctrines compared with the word of God. There is no tolerance for bashing others for what they believe.

We can know exactly what the Gospel is today. Those that don't know what the Gospel is, is because they don't want to know what it is. They love darkness.
Those who love darkness rather than the light God will turn them over to a reprobate mind, Romans 1:28.

You need to know here at CF we respect the views and opinions of others per the ToS 1.1, 1.3 and 1.4. even if we disagree with them as we show grace to them. We do not act like a lynch mob, but discuss the differences with scripture. I've seen some of your doctrines that I and a few others have disagreed with and have tried to discuss your doctrines compared with the word of God. There is no tolerance for bashing others for what they believe.
I agree that we must have freedom of thought and freedom of religion. I will try to make my post more biblical and less personal. However, It is very apparent that Paul's epistles are anti-religion.

I agree that we must have freedom of thought and freedom of religion. I will try to make my post more biblical and less personal. However, It is very apparent that Paul's epistles are anti-religion.
You wrote, "It is very apparent that Paul's epistles are anti-religion." What do you mean by that?

You fooled ME.

It is not just Calvinism that insults God and Jesus Christ, it is all religions.

Canons of Dort. FIRST HEAD: Article #10. "He was pleased out of the common mass of sinners to adopt "Some certain persons" as a peculiar people to Himself".

To say that God predestinates "Some certain Persons" to heaven and then damns the rest to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam is a terrible insult to the nature and the character of God. Not only is it an insult to God, his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, it is blasphemy.

Calvinists want us to believe that before the foundation of the world God chose "Some certain persons" to be saved and then damned the rest to hell. Why would a holy God do such a terrible thing like that. Think about it, it is almost unthinkable. God gives life to some for the sole purpose of sending them to hell. This is far, far, worse than abortion. This is premeditated murder of billions of souls, damned to hell for all of eternity for no reason.

If that is not bad enough. Calvinists want us to believe that God created man without a free will so that he cannot call on the name of the Lord and be saved, Paul thought differently, Romans 10:13. This is one of the most ridiculous doctrines ever to come out of the perverted mind of John Calvin. It is not possible for a person to live and exist without a free will. Calvinists want us to believe that God created a race of dumb robots that cannot make logical decisions for themselves, which is another insult towards God.

From here, it is only going to get worse. Calvinists want us to believe that Jesus Christ did not atone for the sins of the whole world, but only for the sins of those "Some certain persons". When Jesus said that he came into the world to save the world, John 3:17. Calvinists want us to believe that he was lying. It appears to me that Calvinist want us to believe that God and Jesus Christ made some sort of a deal with the devil. If Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, then that means "Whosoever that would call on the name of the Lord could be saved" Romans 10:13.

The insults and blasphemies continue. If Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, then Jesus should be removed from his position in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and is Lord. To say that he didn't is to say that Jesus is not Lord. If Jesus is not Lord, then we are all still in our sins and without hope. This is why no one can say Jesus is Lord without the Holy Spirit, 1 Corinthian 12:3.
Incoherent rants do not help us determine truth. The bible does that. Looks like those "evil Calvinists" are reading and believing what it says again

It's not that Calvinist are bad people or that they hate the Lord or anyone else, but that they believe in a different gospel being taught to them
Not being part of a church allows you to suggest Calvinism is a different gospel? Fact is you would be under church discipline for your wrong ideas.

Not being part of a church allows you to suggest Calvinism is a different gospel? Fact is you would be under church discipline for your wrong ideas.
I'm not reformed ,I attend a reformed church and I am a member .

No ,they don't even tell using the method ee that d.j Kennedy used about that .just that you sin,you need to repent and who God is .

Often outside of here or some clear case where the reformed say things it's not mentioned .

I can post service videos .you won't hear the five points unless they mention Romans 9,1 or those verses

I'm not reformed ,I attend a reformed church and I am a member .

No ,they don't even tell using the method ee that d.j Kennedy used about that .just that you sin,you need to repent and who God is .

Often outside of here or some clear case where the reformed say things it's not mentioned .

I can post service videos .you won't hear the five points unless they mention Romans 9,1 or those verses
Hello Jason,
In many reformed churches they either assume everyone believes the doctrine, or they slack off and are defective in practice. Some are reformed in name only.

Hello Jason,
In many reformed churches they either assume everyone believes the doctrine, or they slack off and are defective in practice. Some are reformed in name only.
Not mine just that they don't say it every service .
That was my point .you don't need to tell that one was predestined etc .pastor will say it when it's needed for the revelant situation .

The arp,the oldest Presbyterian church in America doesn't require a member to be reformed .I know I asked.my pastor and elders are against caged Calvinism and that.not against the five points .thus to be an elder one must be reformed .I know the church I attend well and it's founding pastor would preach at my church and was and is a five pointer but I would never know that .

He is as my pastor a team builder,both are focused on reaching the lost not whether one as caged Calvinists do worry about whether one is fully reformed.

They dont shy away from the wcf in fact they will use it in the reading before the doxology .I know I usually run the sound and video display .they also baptize babies .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back