Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How I can live without sin.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don’t deny my POV. Your body contains sin, and will never be sinless, until it dies and is resurrected by Christ at His coming, it which it will shine like the sun and not die anymore.
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. Romans 6:12
But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
Luke 20:35-36
Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
Matthew 13:43
In addition your mind is being renewed in which you are in the process of being transformed into His Image. Until this process is complete you will not be perfect; fully matured unto the image of Christ.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2
The more our mind is renewed, the more we can discern the perfect will of God for our lives each and every day.
It is growing up into Christ that is a process; a process of becoming sons of God, which will fully culminate on the day of resurrection... nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
For now, we walk with Him in the light and be led by the Spirit, so that we... giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
JLB
Let us suppose for a moment that someone reading these posts wants to stop offending God, and man, with his sins.
Whose posts will most appeal to him, those that offer freedom from sin? Or those that say he will always be in bondage to it?
You are offering him nothing but gloom and doom.
You offer unceasing failure to please God or manifest both the life, and death of Christ, on earth now.

I thought a few of your posts ago that you had actually seen the light, posting of what we are to do to live in accordance to God, and growing in grace and faith.
But you have back-pedaled to a hopeless position again.
You don't seem to believe your own postings.

Hopeful there are several of us who have been walking in the Spirit for a while but your testimony and scripture application have made a huge difference to our understanding of God's promises and provision for a tighter more calculated lifestyle of walking in holiness aka without sin aka walking not in the flesh

just wanted to say thanks and praying that others will try it so they can experience the peace joy confidence and quietness it saturates one's life with

God bless you

You seem to misunderstand much of what scripture says, and apply things that are yet future, mixing together what we are to do now, to grow and mature, as well as remain in Christ, with what we will have at the resurrection.
Please learn to rightly divide God’s word, discerning context and content.
Thanks for the exhortation.
If the word of God instructs you to cleanse yourself of all filthiness of flesh and spirit, then don’t just ignore these instructions because you have been indoctrinated to believe all this was already accomplished at water baptism.
Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1
again
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 2 Timothy 2:20-22
Hmmm.
If we have been cleansed of all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, can't we say we have no sin?
Again, if the scriptures instruct us to cleanse ourselves of dishonorable things but you don’t believe you need to honestly do this because you have been indoctrinated by your denomination to believe you became sinless at water baptism, then you will just ignore these instructions, which means you have something in you that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, not letting the truth penetrate your mind where it can renew your mind.
You don't seem to realize that some have already done these things, and walk in righteousness, to the glory of God.
Paul calls this a stronghold.
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
So quit denying that some are victorious.
You have exposed this unbiblical doctrine when you admitted to us that confessing our sins and being forgiven is not for Christians because born again Christians are sinless.
I refuse to believe that God's seed can bring forth evil fruit.
It isn't a biblical idea.
This is a dangerous stronghold that keeps you from going before God and confessing your sin so you will be forgiven and cleansed of all unrighteousness.
So THEN I will be able to say "I have no sin"?
Also, it puffs you up in pride,(the very sin you deny) which blinds you to think you are sinless, as well as look on others as not being born again, because they are not “sinless” like you.
The only thing I am proud of is that the word of God cannot be used to accommodate sin !
I am proud of God for giving us all we need to remain in the light.
And I praise His for His wisdom, shown in the words of the bible.

If Romans 6:4-6 is true, it is .
It is written..."Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
Why don't you believe that?

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. Romans 6:1-12

• For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,

Water baptism symbolizes the likeness of death and resurrection. Our physical body does not die because we go down under the water for a few seconds.

...that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

Paul plainly says in verse 12, do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts, because sin still dwells in your body but you have the right to enforce its death because of our act of faith.

• reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We are to consider ourselves dead to sin, and walk in the newness of life according to the Spirit, rather than the old life in which we were slaves to sin.

And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
Romans 6:13-14

• do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin,

We ourselves have to exercise the self control we have by the Spirit, to not present the members of our body as slaves of the sin that dwells in it.

• For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

This sin in our bodies will surely take charge again if we allow it to because it’s there, and just because you got dunked in water doesn’t mean it’s no longer there.

Being under grace means we are under obligation to obey the Spirit of grace, just as being under the law meant being under obligation to obey the law.

Thats why Paul says .... as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Romans 8:12-14

• brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

This is written to Christians.

JLB

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. Romans 6:1-12
  • For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,
water baptism symbolizes the likeness of death and resurrection. Our physical body does not die because we go down under the water for a few seconds.
...that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
Paul plainly says in verse 12, do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts, because sin still dwells in your body but you have the right to enforce its death because of our act of faith.
reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
We are to consider ourselves dead to sin, and walk in the newness of life according to the Spirit, rather than the old life in which we were slaves to sin.
And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
Romans 6:13-14
do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin,
We ourselves have to exercise the self control we have by the Spirit, to not present the members of our body as slaves of the sin that dwells in it.
  • For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
This sin in our bodies will surely take charge again if we allow it to because it’s there, and just because you got dunked in water doesn’t mean it’s no longer there
Being under grace means we are under obligation to obey the Spirit of grace, just as being under the law meant being under obligation to obey the law.
Thats why Paul says .... as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Romans 8:12-14
  • brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
This is written to Christians.
JLB
Yes, it is written to Christians, so they will know why they no longer have to commit sin.
In the name of Jesus Christ I urge you to obey.

Yes at that moment.
HOORAY, you CAN see that we can say we have no sin.
Of course it is incumbent on us to remain in the light henceforth so we can always say it...to the glory of God.
Those who don't know God, sinners, those walking in darkness, can't say they have fellowship with God or that they have no sin.
Do you take a bath once or everyday?
To compare an outer washing with soap and water to the cleansing by the blood of Christ is nearly blasphemous.

HOORAY, you CAN see that we can say we have no sin.

If we confess our sin He is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9

"us" refers to Christians.

Do you agree or disagree?

JLB

Last edited:

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9

JLB
Disagree. There is no reason that the Apostle would write such fundamentals to people who were not already Christians. Once again -- and for the last time -- the first part of 1 John was written to people who were not yet Christians.

Better make up your mind as to which one is true, as either our sins CAN be cleansed or CAN'T be cleansed.
If they CAN be cleansed we CAN say we have no sin.
If they CAN'T be cleansed we CAN'T say we have no sin.

As my thread has pointed to the fact that they can be cleansed, I can say I have no sin.
They were cleansed, as 1 John 1:7 makes clear they can be.
To think those in God have sin on them, is ridiculous.
No, as it is obviously directed at those who still walk in darkness...sin.
Non-sinners need no further washings.
The non-sinners are the folks who walk in God, who is the light.
There is no sin in God or in those "in God".

Disagree. There is no reason that the Apostle would write such fundamentals to people who were not already Christians. Once again -- and for the last time -- the first part of 1 John was written to people who were not yet Christians.
I think he is writing to Christians, but he is describing both non-Christians, (those who walk in darkness), and describing real Christians, (those who walk in the light).
Folks can't do both at the same time.

Nope! He was writing to his fellow Christians.
Are YOU sinless?
Yes, as this is my thread.
I was washed of my past sins by the blood of Christ, so I can walk in the light. (1 John 1:7)
I confessed my past unrighteousness, and was cleansed of it. (1 John 1:9)
John is writing to Christians, but about both those who walk in the light and those who walk in darkness.
Those in darkness-sin, are not Christians.
And God has provided all we need to remain in the light.

Like this verse..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Look for the escapes !!!

Last edited:
Better make up your mind as to which one is true, as either our sins CAN be cleansed or CAN'T be cleansed.
If they CAN be cleansed we CAN say we have no sin.
If they CAN'T be cleansed we CAN'T say we have no sin.

As my thread has pointed to the fact that they can be cleansed, I can say I have no sin.
They were cleansed, as 1 John 1:7 makes clear they can be.
To think those in God have sin on them, is ridiculous.

No, as it is obviously directed at those who still walk in darkness...sin.
Non-sinners need no further washings.
The non-sinners are the folks who walk in God, who is the light.
There is no sin in God or in those "in God".

It's obvious that JLB and others want to read something into the beginning of 1 John that simply isn't there. As a Christian I would be offended if somebody communicated to me... "What we have seen and heard we announce to you too, so that you may have fellowship with us (and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ)." 1 John 1:3

If somebody wrote that on this forum my response would be: I already know that, since I am a Christian also.

Back